Your least favorite U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elvis Ate America.

If Passengers is not counted, then A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel.

Red Light :yuck:

Does unreleased songs count?
Because if so, I nominated Smile and Love You Like Mad to the worst things U2 has ever recorded.

Does unreleased songs count?
Because if so, I nominated Smile and Love You Like Mad to the worst things U2 has ever recorded.

Wow, really? I'd say Smile is not only one of the best songs from the HTDAAB sessions, but one of the best songs U2 have recorded this entire decade, and not putting it on HTDAAB was a huge mistake.

If we want to talk about unreleased junk, let's go back to pre-Boy and look at Inside Out and Tonight from the band's first demo session. Laughably inept tracks.

Probably between Grace and Vertigo, the former was better off as a b-side methinks.

Now remember OP does say "LEAST Favorite" so I do not despise this song but it was the first one tha popped into my head

The Sweetest Thing

:reject:

Probably some b-side like Sixty Seconds To Kingdom Come or A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel or something like that.

If we are restricting ourselves to a-sides, then probably something on Bomb like LAPOE for example, or the horridly cheesy WITS.

It's kind of fun to pick the worst U2 songs, since there aren't very many of them -- there isn't much musical fat on their Irish bones.

Talking about post-Boy album tracks or A-sides, I'd have to go with "Red Light", "Miami", and "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Turn This Crazy Song Off" -- one from each decade, all stinkers.

Runners Up: "A Celebration" and "Stranger in a Strange Land"

But still, none of those songs are absolutely God-awful. I mean, none are as bad as, say, the average Bon Jovi A-side.

Then, if we're gonna count pre-Boy stuff and B-sides, I'd have to name: "Jack In The Box" (was this ever recorded?) ; "Things To Make and Do" (the most boring U2 track ever?) ; "Touch" ; J. Swallow ; "Treasure" (loved by Paul McGuinness, despised by the band) ; and maybe their cover of "Paint It Black" (almost ruined the original for me).

Sweetest Thing comes about as close to the realm of dislike as a U2 song could for me. The original version is a little better, but the single version is just...:yikes:

About half the stuff on Pop is right behind Sweetest Thing :|

Funny, several of the songs mentioned in this thread, I really love :lol:

Back
Top Bottom