Your Dorky U2 Concert Moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
At the risk of ridicule, with a tour upon us, time to confess my dorkiest U2 moment; and challenge you to do the same.

In '85 awaiting to see U2 on St. Patrick's Day in Denver, I was a resident advisor at CU in Boulder. My dorm room was near a high traffic area -- you know, to keep all the riff raff out.

For 32 days, after I had my ticket in hand, I updated the un-official and completely dorky U2 window 'countdown to the show' -- everyday, Magic Marker in hand, I taped up a new number.

Probably cost me that all important A- in Psych 101.

Looking back, I was a :censored: dork, and if you saw that window, this world is really too small.

Plz, no quotes

:wink:

i hugged a complete stranger after bono kissed my hand before the concert here in dallas. my friends and i were walking back up towards the arena, and we were telling this lady what happened and then i hugged her :laugh: she probably thought i was :coocoo:

Hey BW I was at that show as well!! I grew up In Arvada and was a junior in Highschool in 85!! Anyway my most dorkiest u2 moment was probably camping out in a parking lot for 3 days to get tickets to that show. Not that I wouldn't do it again of course!! Oh another would be thinking $35 was alot of money to pay to see U2 on the Amnesty Int. Conspiracy of hope tour in 86!! LOL

Wearing my Indiana Jones fedora to the final JT shows at Tempe - I thought it looked cool cause Bono and Edge wore alot of hats at that time.

yep, done my share of bawling at u2 shows. it can't be helped :)
i'm a college professor and was packed into the GA crowd at a show--a girlfriend and I were just going crazy, screaming our heads' off and probably screaming WE LOVE YOU BONO!...after the show I realized that a big pack of my students were right behind me for the whole show. They said they had more fun watching me than the show.:eek:

My friend from Nashville made a sign for the 6-29-97 Chicago show that said "Edge Kicks Ass". We were 3rd row dead center and Bono saw it. He started shaking his head yes and then started pointing to his butt. Edge saw it and started shaking his head laughing. Edge signed it that night stating "Edge says YES!". If you see my pic in my gallery with Edge I'm holding the sign. We also asked Bono if he remembered the sign and he said, "Yes, I saw you down there and I pointed to my butt" :lol: So very dorky moments but also kind of cool.

Blue Room said:
My friend from Nashville made a sign for the 6-29-97 Chicago show that said "Edge Kicks Ass". We were 3rd row dead center and Bono saw it. He started shaking his head yes and then started pointing to his butt. Edge saw it and started shaking his head laughing. Edge signed it that night stating "Edge says YES!". If you see my pic in my gallery with Edge I'm holding the sign. We also asked Bono if he remembered the sign and he said, "Yes, I saw you down there and I pointed to my butt" :lol: So very dorky moments but also kind of cool.

:lol:

Those are great pics in your gallery! :bow:

ABEL said:
i hugged a complete stranger after bono kissed my hand before the concert here in dallas. my friends and i were walking back up towards the arena, and we were telling this lady what happened and then i hugged her :laugh: she probably thought i was :coocoo:

hahahaha. i wouldn't admit it but thats one of the coolest things i've heard

When I saw U2 the first time, on Popmart, I had nosebleed seats. When they came out during "Mofo," I started screaming and crying like I was two inches from Bono. Everyone around me was laughing. The friend with me made me sit down because she thought I was going to pass out!

(I can't believe I just admitted to that...)

I don't have one since I've never been, but I'll be a dork and share my friend Emily's story. Basically, she got SO excited when the show was starting that she peed in her (sister's) pants.

Notre Dame, Oct 2001.

Since this was at a college, there was an unusual amount of young people in this U2 audience. I was there with a friend, and he and I were sitting in our seats talking before the show. I turned my head to look around the arena, and when I turned around my face ended up right between some beautiful college girl's butt cheeks. She must have had her ass right next to my head! I mean, I turned and suddenly my face was buried. She screamed, I screamed, and her girlfriends all died laughing. We laughed about it, talked to each other throughout the show, and got some coffee afterwards. 3.5 years later, and she and I are getting married this summer. The world works in mysterious ways indeed.

The_acrobat said:
Notre Dame, Oct 2001.

3.5 years later, and she and I are getting married this summer. The world works in mysterious ways indeed.

LOL gotcha! Just couldn't resist the thought of some of you being taken in by that story :wink:. But we did go out for some coffee with her and her friends after the show. She went back to her dorm, and me and my buddy drove back home to Ohio that night.

But that was very embarrassing

Nice! High comedy.

I have one, really special emotional moment at U2 in Montreal during Streets - one month after 9/11. I'll say this though - that moment is between my younger brother and I and no one else. But on my death bed, when I'm (hopefully) thinking of good times with him, that will be at the very pinnacle. I will never forget it. That show still makes the hair on my arm stand up.

Hopefully there are more moments like that one to come on this tour.

My dorky moment is kind of sad... I was at my very first U2 concert ever... I had floor seats (this was waaaay back in the stone age when the floor had actual seats, not GA), but the tickets were unclear as to where we were. They had "BB" printed on them, so my Mum & I thought we'd be like past A through Z, then AA, then us. But the usher lady led us all the way to the second row from the stage and my seat was right next to the catwalk! I cried, but that's not the sad part... During WOWY Bono swaggered down the catwalk & back up surveying all the girls, kissing hands, cheeks, etc... He got to me & just grabbed onto my hand. He leaned down and sang right into my face. I'd never seen this man live in person before. I had not yet met him... I froze with this gigantic grin on my face. Security were standing on either side of me, but I did not move. Finally, Bono let go & moved on... I thought I'd just had some really long special moment, but after the show my Mum said that Bono had a really funny look on his face like, "What's this girl doing?" I didn't think much of it until my next U2 concert that same tour when he pulled a girl up on stage during the same part of the song. That, and I met Bono a few times and discovered I'm a HUGE dork and missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. :shrug: C'est la vie... (I've got stage fright, anyway... yeah, the grapes are sour, too. :p)

My dorky moment was at the Elevation opener in Sunrise. I had been to the Popmart opener which, er, had problems. I was also worried about how Bono's voice would be. So when the first Elevation show ended and it had gone great (save Bono's little tumble) and Bono sounded great, I was so happy that I gave my seatmate a great big hug. :)

Here's my dorkiest U2 concert moment - didn't even take place at the show. Back when the tix went on sale for the Zoo Tv tour, i was in highschool and i stayed on the phone line waiting for ticketmaster operator to help out (listening to the muzak for half an hour). I didn't think i'd ever get tix. This would also be my first big concert and i was a huge U2 fan. Finally, I got through and the ticketmaster operator asked how she could assist me. I don't know what happened to me, but I pretty much freaked. :ohmy: I couldn't talk, when I tried to say anything, my voice cracked and I was sweating. She kept repeating "how can I help you?!?". I was stuck - I finally got through and I couldn't even talk. Just then, my father got home from work and I said "Dad, get me tix !" He was like "WTF is wrong with you?":huh:

Anyway, Dad saved the day and I got the tix.

I know i am a loser.:reject:

Well you got the tic so thats what matters :) LOL.

Wonder what you be like if you met the boys?? probly like me and just faint :p

Rhia

Mine would be on the last tour, at Earls Court, when during the chorus in 'Stay' - I sang AT THE TOP OF MY VOICE, then I realised i'd sang the wrong line!! And even tho I was stood with all these thousands of ppl, it was as if it was just me and Bono, with him looking at me thinking 'you e-jit'.:wink:

Got a couple of dorky moments.

First was PopMar New Orleans. My first U2 concert. Man I freaked out as I was sitting there when they walked in. I knew they were coming in from the back so I made sure I stood back there. They kinda walked up and stopped and of course they stopped right beside me and I just screamed "It's the motherfuckin' EDDDDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" and I swear he gave me this "what the fuck dude!?" look...hehe

Second time was when I met them after the first Elevation Atlanta show. I was dressed as the Fly. I still don't know why I had to be "that guy"...I felt like such a dork. I still have the suit though and the glasses so it's cool, but I just look back on it and feel like a tool....heh. But Adam Clayton was signing my Wire tag (which I designed) and someone was like "Dude you're giving the FLY your autograph!" and he just kinda stared at me and was like "yeah..heh...well you must be really hot in that thing" and walked off. hehe....

Achtung Ya'll said:

First was PopMar New Orleans. My first U2 concert. Man I freaked out as I was sitting there when they walked in. I knew they were coming in from the back so I made sure I stood back there. They kinda walked up and stopped and of course they stopped right beside me and I just screamed "It's the motherfuckin' EDDDDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" and I swear he gave me this "what the fuck dude!?" look...hehe

LOL!!!!! That is so funny. You probably scared the Edge half to death. You made my day with that story.

I was at the Popmart in San Antonio (2nd show, went to Vegas) and I was so pumped for the show. It was a big group of us plus I was pretty sick (really bad cold). Anyway everyone is sitting there waiting for the show to start and the "Mission Impossible" song comes on. I think I was the only one in the building who knew that was the cue for Popmuzik. So I jumped out of my seat and screamed like a dying animal (I was sick and my voice was terrrible) in front of everyone. I sounded like a fool and no telling what I looked liked. When I sat back down my girlfreind asked me "You feel better now now that you got that out of you?" To make matters worst her Dad was sitting next to her. :reject:

When I saw the band in Salt Lake City in Utah during Elevation, I met a girl in line named Carla who had a rose for Bono in the GA lineup. Every time she would leave to go eat or the washroom, myself or a couple of the other guys would have to hold the rose.:rolleyes:

It was not one of my prouder masculine moments with each one of us saying here you hold it until she gets back. But she did get to give the rose to Bono during the show. :applaud:

zoopop said:

I was at the Popmart in San Antonio (2nd show, went to Vegas) and I was so pumped for the show. It was a big group of us plus I was pretty sick (really bad cold). Anyway everyone is sitting there waiting for the show to start and the "Mission Impossible" song comes on. I think I was the only one in the building who knew that was the cue for Popmuzik. So I jumped out of my seat and screamed like a dying animal (I was sick and my voice was terrrible) in front of everyone. I sounded like a fool and no telling what I looked liked. When I sat back down my girlfreind asked me "You feel better now now that you got that out of you?" To make matters worst her Dad was sitting next to her. :reject:

:lmao:

LMAO!! That's the funniest thing i've heard today! Thank you :wink:

I dorked out during Bad. I had never been to a U2 concert until the Elevation Tour. Been a fan for a very long time. Always wanted to experience my favorite song live. Got my wish April 13th, 2001, Vancouver. Some drunk behind me thought he was hearing the intro to Streets and started to flip out. After a few seconds, he was completely at a loss. Meanwhile, I was in heaven when the band were playing Bad.

Roland of Gilead said:
I dorked out during Bad. I had never been to a U2 concert until the Elevation Tour. Been a fan for a very long time. Always wanted to experience my favorite song live. Got my wish April 13th, 2001, Vancouver. Some drunk behind me thought he was hearing the intro to Streets and started to flip out. After a few seconds, he was completely at a loss. Meanwhile, I was in heaven when the band were playing Bad.

That drunk might have been me. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom