Your Crazy U2 Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

269er

The Fly
Had a dream last night that I was playing keyboards for Bono singing in a shopping mall at Christmastime.

We wrapped the set and I wanted to ask when SOE would drop but I was whisked away on a people mover.

I've had dreams about U2 songs that didn't exist but rocked in the dream.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've had dreams about watching really interesting alternate versions of Rattle and Hum.. I've had dreams about surrealistic live performances of concerts, and then dreams of buying versions of albums that of course don't exist.

The only U2 dreams I've had are about going to concerts. They're usually playing somewhere really weird, like my high school football stadium, or a tiny dive bar.

In the bigger dream venues, I am somehow stuck outside the venue and trying to get to my seat, and in the smaller venues, I have a great spot but can't see a damned thing because I forgot to put in my contacts. And my vision is far worse in my dreams than it is in real life. :(

Oh hello thread that was clearly made for me.

I went searching through my posts, trying to find the really great U2 dream I had once, but I'm not sure this is it...

I dreamt last night that I got a phone call from Bono, who then picked me up, along with some kids, in his hummer, took us on a crazy drive around Chicago, and then, at the end of it, gave us all tickets to that night's show, for the new "Youth" section, then let us into the stadium early, where I got a spot right on the center of the Elipse. Then a security lady told me I was going to get to ride around the stage in the bucket seat

Here's another one:

U2 dream last night. For some reason, Bono was on my roof, and it was raining, so I let him in, and we were talking and stuff, and I asked him if I could make a request. He started to get all bitchy about how tired he was of hearing people ask to play this obscure or that obscure song, and just to let them play what they want. Then I felt bad, because Bono yelled at me, and quietly asked him if they couldn't just put TUF back in the set list. Then he felt bad because I let him in out of the rain and in return he was mean to me. So that night, during their show, they played a setlist of almost entirely obscure covers, along with one or two original songs, both of which were things like "Twilight". Never did play TUF, that bastard. Interference was going pretty much insane, apparently the crowd was as well.

Usually involves me getting up on stage to play guitar with the boys, but that's about it.

Actually no, I had a dream a few weeks before SoI that when I woke up the album was just magically released. Little did I know at the time that we'd be in a similar situation a few weeks later!

I've had a couple weird ones where I wake up thinking "WTF" lol.....

One I had awhile back, I believe I was somewhere in Italy or France at some really nice looking park with a bunch of fountains and U2 had just finished playing a set outdoors nearby. As, I walked around the park after the set and stopped to look at one of the fountain, The Edge walks right up next to me and says "Hello there, how are you today?"
So of course I freaked out internally and replied "I'm doing great thank you."

So then there was that awkward silence and I was surprised he was still there because I was starting to visibly freak out now. And then....I prob asked him one of the most stupidest questions you can ever ask someone......

I ask, "So....Mr. Edge.....have you ever, eaten at a Crackle Barrel?" *brain just explodes*

He looks over and says "No can't say that I have"
After that, I had awoken in a cold sweat and just had to rethink my life......I was so embarrassed even though it never happened......lol

How could Edge resist that Sawmill gravy ?

Heh, I actually had a U2 dream the other morning. I got drunk with Bono before a promo show they did and well, Bono was out of it during the performance. Backtracking to drinking before the show I was asking him about Leonard Cohen and Nick Cave and Bono didn't have anything nice to say about them. Bono was a drunk jerk. Guy Oseary was mad.

I've had some weird ones. One I remember vividly was right before SOI dropped and I had a dream I was in the studio with them and we had to wear black hoods and we couldnt see anything, but listen to the album. Anyways, the album sucked. For some reason there were A few redone versions of some of their old songs as well. It was straight up God awful and the title and artwork of the album was super creepy.
And after it all, we had to escape this freak show of a house and we were escaping a serial killer played by Ally Sheedy and progressively throughout the dream, it became a cartoon. But it got worse. The cartoon turned into an episode of scooby doo and MacPhisto kept appearing at every exit. Eventually everyone died and I was the only person left. And I escaped. I don't remember how, but it scared the crap out of me.
Sometimes after I have crazy dreams, I wake up and write them down. This was one of those dreams.

I've had some weird ones. One I remember vividly was right before SOI dropped and I had a dream I was in the studio with them and we had to wear black hoods and we couldnt see anything, but listen to the album. Anyways, the album sucked. For some reason there were A few redone versions of some of their old songs as well. It was straight up God awful and the title and artwork of the album was super creepy.
And after it all, we had to escape this freak show of a house and we were escaping a serial killer played by Ally Sheedy and progressively throughout the dream, it became a cartoon. But it got worse. The cartoon turned into an episode of scooby doo and MacPhisto kept appearing at every exit. Eventually everyone died and I was the only person left. And I escaped. I don't remember how, but it scared the crap out of me.
Sometimes after I have crazy dreams, I wake up and write them down. This was one of those dreams.

Good lord! :reject: do you remember what that album cover looked like?

Most of my 'band' dreams deal with finding out a certain act is playing in my city at the last minute and not being able to secure a ticket (or being too late to get in the GA line). I don't think U2 was an exception to that one.

I did have one dream where another band was playing in my high school gym and no one was at the guitar when they started a song. I sprinted and started playing and all was well, naturally. :lol:

Good lord! :reject: do you remember what that album cover looked like?

Don't remember. It's hard to remember details of dreams. I couldn't even remember when I wrote it down. It was freakin weird, though.

Back
Top Bottom