You 222

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well one thing sure can lead to another. Because of the fact my son had his driving test yesterday(he passed, he will be driving off in my car one day soon:eyebrow: :wave: He'll be OK)
The RTA, checked out my car and told him I need new number plates
Funny thing, in NSW Aust. your car license/registration plates are made up of three letters and three numbers...but we call them number plates. I hope you know the things I mean. Mine are meant to be bright yellow but they are a bit dark I now realise, they have to be replaced. I was wondering where in the alphabet they are up to in distributing new plates(replacement is free).
In the area where I live they are up to YH- ---

A little light goes on. IDEA!!!
YRU 240
YRU 269

wait and while and hope for
ZOO 269

But hub came up with a good one without TOO much effort
YOU 222

So Aussies in NSW, they are up to the Y's almost the Z's. It's a bit like number plate lotto...I hope someone gets a good one...like me for instance :yes: :wink:

Hmmmore Aussie news. Silverchair will be live on TV this evening...soon:wave:
YOU ???

hey cass! Dont know if this link will work properly here, you need certain browser requirements to be met or it wont work. But manda and I once played with this for ages making up stupid number plates!

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/nd/nd4/ndconfig.nd/OLPS/pgSpecialPlates

Lots of fun. Pity personal/vanity plates are such a rip off!

This is the one I want, and its available!

Sad. Very sad am I :D

well, that didn't work, lol, oh well.

its the yellow and black one that says MYSXR8 :D

Last edited:
i;M EXCITED, AND DELIGHTED AND MOVED AND PROUDand the caplock was on, woops

Yes you can get personalised plates, they are not THAT expensive, starting at $170. A bit out of my range. No I'm talking about the odds of scoring a good/U2related freebie. I did get a wink when I made my enquiries today, we'll see, it's bascially luck and wishful thinking
but that is not why I came back here now....

I will spare you the great long tale, or tail, fox tail to be precise. I have just witnessed somethign that made my old heart glad. i alittle girl who had a dream that grew arounf a campfire on the Nullabor and had that dream nurtured by her dad and beloved mum (the bass player....yo mum) and brother Nash.
She just won the ARIA award for Australian album of the year.She beat the likes of Kylie Minogue and silverchair...

KASEY CHAMBERS
Barricades and Brickwalls.

Bravo, bravo, many more encores. She deserved that so much. She is so unique and brave and determined and cool.

Something that has made it extra special for me is that Sir Bob Geldof presented her with the award (he hassled Rove a bit there, said irishmen never go near the water...he obviously hasn't seen our Larry)
Olivia Newton-John was inducted into the Hall of Fame and gave a beautiful speech and talked about being Australian.
John Butler accompanied Kasey as she sang the first song she ever performed in public..True Colours

Kasey...your true colours are beautiful,
.......................like a rainbow.

i did n't see all of the ARIA awards last night, just the second half

I heard on the news this morning Slava Grigoryan won Best Classical album (I wonder how many contenders there were?)
Congrats Slava.

Re: the rego plates
I have a new hope
YHW ( why backwards)with a number 2 as a bonus.
maybe I better save up $170, maybe I will be content with what turns up :yes:
I see funny number plates all the time, not personalised ones, just funny coincidental alignment of letters.ZOO would be so nice though.

"don't i make you laugh, should I try it harder?"
oh Kasey...
Kasey Chambers called her baby boy Talon. My hub said he hopes his middle name is Edward because then he would be Talon Ted "talented"

I feel like Toad of Toad Hall....poop poop

I saw some of the cars at teh Sydney car Show on the Tv news. I don't care what the plates say , I think I should have one of new Holden HRT's. very nice, get on the list, they are manufacturing 50 of them @$200 000 each.
It is the model that has go tme. i really thing I should have one, won't be long now:) Hormone Replacement Therapy HRT
What bright spark called it that eh?
I want what she's having....a red one
The 2 million $$ Ferarri just wasn't my style...at all.:drool: :tongue:
poop poop
( I hope you guys are familiar with that Wind In The Willows reference)...what guys? I'm talking to myself:lmao:
cars and guitars...
now there was something today
Anyone own or planning on ownign a Martin guitar? Aussie timber at the moment from one of our local luthiers.

speaking of Slava and classical, my son is learning anew piece, "Sea Prelude" it's so beautiful

I don't like starting new thread..so I'll express this here

My eldest son is moving out of home today. He is moving into a lovely house in town with a very nice friend. It will be so much better for him
But I am going to miss him like crazy.He has been a dear dear friend to me. I went into where he works yesterday and they were calling him "our quiet achiever" ( there's that dang "quiet " word again!!)
He's not quiet to me, I'll miss his coversation and the points of view he expresses. He has taught me many things over the years.

I am very delighted for him...so why can't I see through the tears?
Silly girl, It's just a momentous day...at the end of it i may get to hear the Electrical Storm CD for the first time. He was cuddling Gustovox for quite a while last night..boy o boy, they will miss one another.He's going to work today and not coming home. Gus will be sitting in the driveway waiting and waiting.......and waiting.
I'm two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Back
Top Bottom