Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I have just bought the same 8025 with red arms and they are fantastic. $5,650.00 is an awful lot of money for a pair of sunglasses :O

You are right, quite a bit of cash indeed. I wouldn't have bid so much if they wern't personally donated and worn by Bono. Man that would have been nice to have in the collection...my crown jewel. :drool:

Cutler and Gross black sunglasses #0276

Is anyone selling their Zoo T.V. Cutler and Gross black sunglasses #0276???

hello there.
I am wondering if I can get some help on this.
got a pair of shades who has 2 major scratches.
does anyone know if there is a method/technique/trick to remove them? or it is almost imposible to do so?
I took them to a optician store and they told me that there is no much to do?

any opinion/advise/tip ?

thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Major scratches? No, I don't think there's anything that can be done.

The only thing I have seen tried, and not even on sunglasses, but on car headlamps, is a technique called "wet sanding". However, noone is closely scrutinizing or trying to look thru the headlamps when the job is done, so I can't in the remotest of senses recommend you try this with expensive sunglasses.

On the other hand, I just may have not yet stumbled on the method (I've looked, believe me..Ive treated some of my shades terribly I'm afraid! :lol: )...if your optician can do it, why not let them try? And let me know..seriously!!

Just wondering....

Is there a version of Mikli 3244 in ORANGE???

The 3214's are just too big to wear....

Anyone with info, please let me know....

Thanks,

Tony

Alain Mikli 3214 -- why are these things not only so hard to find, but cost a kidney and 1/2? Jeesh.
Wow.....i didn`t know everyone was looking for these glasses (Mikli 3214)

I have 2 pairs in their original cases and in brand new condition!! Only wore the black frames with orange lenses probably twice and have never worn the orange on orange (just had to have them because Bono wore them) ! I purchased them from a store here in Melbourne Australia who only stocked them because one of U2`s crew brought Bono`s in to be repaired while they were here for POPMART and while they were in the store they took down the model numbers!

A cool story! I was over the moon to find them and when i went there they only had the orange on orange and they ordered the black with orange lenses for me later!

Cheers,
Mikie.

Can you post pics of the black with orange lenses please :)

Wow.....i didn`t know everyone was looking for these glasses (Mikli 3214)

I have 2 pairs in their original cases and in brand new condition!! Only wore the black frames with orange lenses probably twice and have never worn the orange on orange (just had to have them because Bono wore them) ! I purchased them from a store here in Melbourne Australia who only stocked them because one of U2`s crew brought Bono`s in to be repaired while they were here for POPMART and while they were in the store they took down the model numbers!

A cool story! I was over the moon to find them and when i went there they only had the orange on orange and they ordered the black with orange lenses for me later!

Cheers,
Mikie.

Can you post pics of the black with orange lenses please :)
Sorry......logged in with my old username yesterday (mikiejedi), was supposed to be this one!

I`m having trouble with my camera phone, as soon as i take a pic i`ll post it here! Are they really as rare as people say they are on here? Seems like the black with orange lenses are the most popular. I wanted them most because that`s the colour Bono was wearing when he was in Melbourne for Popmart, and in the Mexico City DVD.

I did sell my orange with orange to a friend a while ago but he said he hardly wore them so i brought them back off him for what he gave me. Don't think he appreciated them as much as me so had to get them back!!

Happy Holidays!!

Hello Fellow Shade Lovers,

I've acquired a few more Bvlgari's and wanted to share them with you.

I wish everyone a very happy and healthy holiday season! :wave:

Attachments

• Purple 610.jpg
    Purple 610.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Purple 519.jpg
    Purple 519.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Orange 519.jpg
    Orange 519.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Bvlgari 2.jpg
    Bvlgari 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 30
Hello Fellow Shade Lovers,

I've acquired a few more Bvlgari's and wanted to share them with you.

I wish everyone a very happy and healthy holiday season! :wave:

Sure did Gvox, thanks so much to Lio! We will keep these in the family forever my friends. Also, I'll see if I can them posted on Flicker, but I plan on doing a new video after the holidays with the updated collection.

...Thanks for the kind words about the Christmas tree!:lol:

Have a great weekend everyone

Does anyone know what aviator sunglasses Bono is wearing in the Discotheque music video? There's a blue tinge to them.

Looks as though Bono's wearin some new pair of sunglasses in the Metallica skit:

9of2dd76.png

Hello All, I'm going to sell my rose colored Bvlgari 610s - Stuck in a Moment video version...perfect condition. I can send you a picture via email with me wearing them. Email me if interested. bsclerk@earthlink.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom