Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point : I do have two pairs of 901/8G BV 8025 and guess what :
- one has gradiant brown glasses and tungstene Bulgari logos
- the other one has gradiant grey glasses and Silver Bulgari logos
Lio CAN you tell us this incredible story please ? Because you find the truth !:applaud:

P1000356.JPG

Since 901s are discontinued, I am drawing myself more towards the 971 8Gs and they're looking more attractive everytday.
P10003621.JPG

P1000375.JPG

Another point : I do have two pairs of 901/8G BV 8025 and guess what :
- one has gradiant brown glasses and tungstene Bulgari logos
- the other one has gradiant grey glasses and Silver Bulgari logos
Lio CAN you tell us this incredible story please ? Because you find the truth !:applaud:

Hello Mathieu, I'm still smiling :D
regarding to the Bvlgari BV8025 here is the summary of all colour lenses availables :

6G GREY GRADIENT SILVER MIRROR
13 BROWN GRADIENT
6H GOLD MIRROR
8G GREY GRADIENT
88 GREY SILVER MIRROR GRADIENT
87 GREY

This is an old frame of 2008.
From the first concert of Turin 2010 until last saturday of Denver 2011 Bono has wore on stage these models :

732/87 matt black frame with flash grey, trasparent lenses. 3 years ago when the modèl is born the colour was declared grey (dark), in fact if you want a replacement of lens now any optic shop will give to you this 87 grey (dark) not flash grey, trasparent.

971/6G red frame with grey gradient silver mirror lenses. If you look at the photos carefully the lenses are mirrored, while if you look the other 971/8G the lenses are not mirror. The 971/6G two-three years ago was out of stock, but when Bono last year has started to wear it, Luxottica has restarted to produce it for all of you. :wave:

Hello Mathieu, I'm still smiling :D
regarding to the Bvlgari BV8025 here is the summary of all colour lenses availables :

6G GREY GRADIENT SILVER MIRROR
13 BROWN GRADIENT
6H GOLD MIRROR
8G GREY GRADIENT
88 GREY SILVER MIRROR GRADIENT
87 GREY

This is an old frame of 2008.
From the first concert of Turin 2010 until last saturday of Denver 2011 Bono has wore on stage these models :

732/87 matt black frame with flash grey, trasparent lenses. 3 years ago when the modèl is born the colour was declared grey (dark), in fact if you want a replacement of lens now any optic shop will give to you this 87 grey (dark) not flash grey, trasparent.

971/6G red frame with grey gradient silver mirror lenses. If you look at the photos carefully the lenses are mirrored, while if you look the other 971/8G the lenses are not mirror. The 971/6G two-three years ago was out of stock, but when Bono last year has started to wear it, Luxottica has restarted to produce it for all of you. :wave:

How positive are you that the one's he's wearing in the photos I posted above that they are 6Gs and not 8Gs? I want exactly what's pictured above and now you're messing with my perspective. This model is confusing with the #s presented on various websites. The don't seem to reflective, but if what you're saying is right, I will be placing a 220 dollar amount of faith in your words. So please, please, please reassure me.

Thanks

How positive are you that the one's he's wearing in the photos I posted above that they are 6Gs and not 8Gs? I want exactly what's pictured above and now you're messing with my perspective. This model is confusing with the #s presented on various websites. The don't seem to reflective, but if what you're saying is right, I will be placing a 220 dollar amount of faith in your words. So please, please, please reassure me.

Thanks

From your pictures above I can assure that's Bvlgari BV8025 971/6G.
You can buy it from my friends of Unitedshades

Hi wojovox:wave:

I've read your numerous posts concerning the 8025s and I do feel your pain...220 quid is a lot for anything...and the codes and pictures are confusing as hell. So there's things that need to be said:

I have seen the 971/6G in the flesh and they are HEAVILY mirrored!

I bet only few people round here would have a fancy for a mirroring like that.

I certainly don't...!

And I bet you wouldn't either.

So if you crave the red arms, the 971/8G will be the better choice, in my opinion. Those have a darker gradient lense without the mirrored finish. In fact it is the same lense as the 901/8G.

But since you were looking for an all black version, in the first place, my advice is this: go get the 732/87!

Bono is wearing the 732/87 onstage, at the moment, I know, but with some lighter lenses.

When this model was released a couple of years ago, the 732/87 initially came with some very dark (non-gradient) lenses. Only for Bono they produced a much lighter version, which they now decided to sell keeping the original code.

But both versions are still available (at least from unitedshades).

When placing your order, you just have to specify if you want the light or the dark version.

But trust me the dark version of the 732/87 will look pitch black when worn.

I hope this helps.

Here's a link to somebody wearing the dark 732/87 (NOT me, by the way!)

Wow, so it's like a whole new world just opened up. ha.

That link shows a very dark pair, unbelievable that's the 87s. I defiantly like how dark those are. I'll have to think about it more now. Damn. lol

the pics I posted were mentioned to be the 6Gs and they don't look too bad there, but you mention the mirrored 6Gs are overly mirrored. So I'm left with confusion. But I will go with the 8Gs if what you say is true, that the gradient does appear darker. I don't want others to see my eyes, but I don't want them to just stare at a reflection of themselves.

I'm curious as to why Unitedshades dosn't list that they have 2 seperate versions of the 87. And I'm curious as to the other comment left directing me to Unitedshades for the 6Gs which are not listed as well.

So still some confusion, but I'm getting closer to finally making a purchase thanks to the help and assistance here.

Thank you guys

So I flew in to see the U2 concert on Saturday and by chance ran into Bono in front of his hotel in Denver. He was signing autographs and chatting it up with fans. I was wearing my Charlie Rose/Harvard commencement sunnies. I met the Edge as well and as Bono was signing my ticket, I asked him in front of all the people, "Hey Mr. Bono! Do you recognize my sunglasses?" Everyone turned and he stopped what he was doing. He looked at me and said, "No, what are those?" I told him what they were and that he wore them back in 2001 and he replied, "Oh, get those out of my face! I now have sunglasses envy!" Then he did his trademark Bono smile.

What a moment! I wanted to share this story with you. I now have retired my Charlie Rose sunnies. :up:

One more note, I have sent 3 emails to Unitedshades with questions regarding model stock and I have not heard from Unitedshades in 7 business days.

Anyone know anything regarding this? or does anyone know a phone# for Unitedshades?

One more note, I have sent 3 emails to Unitedshades with questions regarding model stock and I have not heard from Unitedshades in 7 business days.

Anyone know anything regarding this? or does anyone know a phone# for Unitedshades?

Last week they had problems with a server for internet fastweb connection...Try this link : < Unitedshades.com : Come possiamo aiutarti ? >
tomorrow I will contact them and I will let you know an update.

Last week they had problems with a server for internet fastweb connection...Try this link : < Unitedshades.com : Come possiamo aiutarti ? >

That's an italian link. An english request in an Italian form might make them laugh when they receive it. I'm laughing at the thought already. I'll translate and send an email through the link provided but if they respond in Italian, I'm going to crack up.

You seem to be affliated with Unitedshades. Could you tell me if they do have 2 different shades for the 732/87s? Anton informed me they do if you ask.

So I flew in to see the U2 concert on Saturday and by chance ran into Bono in front of his hotel in Denver. He was signing autographs and chatting it up with fans. I was wearing my Charlie Rose/Harvard commencement sunnies. I met the Edge as well and as Bono was signing my ticket, I asked him in front of all the people, "Hey Mr. Bono! Do you recognize my sunglasses?" Everyone turned and he stopped what he was doing. He looked at me and said, "No, what are those?" I told him what they were and that he wore them back in 2001 and he replied, "Oh, get those out of my face! I now have sunglasses envy!" Then he did his trademark Bono smile.

What a moment! I wanted to share this story with you. I now have retired my Charlie Rose sunnies. :up:

Good job!! :up:

He gives me dirty looks when I wear my citrus 519s.

Then again, so do the rest of you fuckers.

:wink:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249859_2047651999933_1503433111_2285238_4614377_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248746_2047651159912_1503433111_2285236_119468_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250000_2047650199888_1503433111_2285235_5748029_n.jpg

Missing in the pictures :
3 pairs of Bulgari 8025 (2 901/8G - one with brown lenses and tungstene Bulgari Logo and one 732/87) and my pair of grey Mikli AL 0876.

The new ones :
- K-Mart replicas
- 611 Light Blue
- 1535 in green (under the Joshua tree box)
- 226 Gigli in Orange
- 51C in Black

The "lost" ones :
- 611 Purple
- EX7S Purple
- 519 Flash Grey
They have found a new home in Italy :wave:

I speak english and you keep giving me foreign links and PMs. Ha. I found a 732/8G seller. He tells me the darker lenses are 8Gs not 87s. So I'm currently just lying back running through my head of the pros and cons of the 971/8Gs and the 732/8Gs. So damn indecisive right now, I'm hating myself, but for $220 I'm not going to make 1 damn mistake.

Hi wojovox:wave:

if you don't want people to stare at a reflection of themselves, you will have to rule out the 6Gs, cause this is exactly what's going to happen...

A 732/8G would feature matte black arms and some gradient dark gray lenses.

The 8G are darker than the 6G, but they are GRADIENT, whereas the 87s are a SOLID dark gray.

Try to figure out if you prefer gradient to solid lenses. If this gets you nowhere, maybe you'll be able to tell if dig the red arms more than the black ones...

Here's the link to unitedshades's help desk:

http://helpdesk.unitedshades.com/

In case it doesn't show up in english, you can chose the desired language in the top right hand corner.

Choose "SUBMIT A TICKET"

then choose a Department (though "HelpDesk" should be automatically selected),

then hit the "NEXT" button and type away.

I'm going with the 971s I've decided. I'm more attracted to the RED arms.

Now
I've seen photos of 8Gs and the gradient appears very slight unless in front of white. I want the darkest lense possible whether that be the 8Gs or 6Gs.

So which should I purchase?

As I said, you'll have to rule out the 6Gs due to the heavy mirroring.

So if you're OK with the gradiation of the 8G lenses, the 971/8G are the ones to go for:
red shiny temples, dark gradient lenses, NO mirror.

Not a bad pick, if you ask me.:wave:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249859_2047651999933_1503433111_2285238_4614377_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248746_2047651159912_1503433111_2285236_119468_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250000_2047650199888_1503433111_2285235_5748029_n.jpg

Missing in the pictures :
3 pairs of Bulgari 8025 (2 901/8G - one with brown lenses and tungstene Bulgari Logo and one 732/87) and my pair of grey Mikli AL 0876.

The new ones :
- K-Mart replicas
- 611 Light Blue
- 1535 in green (under the Joshua tree box)
- 226 Gigli in Orange
- 51C in Black

The "lost" ones :
- 611 Purple
- EX7S Purple
- 519 Flash Grey
They have found a new home in Italy :wave:

Magnificent! I love the pics of collections...keep them coming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom