Worst Song U2 has written?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many recent songs have far too much rhyming lyrics. That is lazy too.

Rhyming lyrics are lazy when they are rhyming just for the sake of rhyming.:up:

And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that LiB is their worst song ever. I just don't like it ! And I've always felt that it stands between Achtung Baby and perfection.Considering their other albums of the late 80s and the 90s, it's not the kind of ending that Achtung Baby deserved.

Soooo wrong :lol: but all music is subjective I suppose. I have many a friend who hate all that they know of U2.

When you say "the last bit is out of tune", are you talking about Edge's disjointed, fragmented solo? Because that part breaks many of our hearts... and I can't even relate to the lyrics really, having never had my heart broken.

Worst

1) Grace
2) A Man And A Woman
3) Wild Honey
4) Stand Up Comedy
5) Wire
6) Get On Your Boots
7) Desire
8) Crumbs from your Table
9) Peace on Earth
10)Love Rescue Me
18)Love is Blindness
( I searched for every possible interpretation and listened to it again and again, and finally i got tears in my eyes :sad:)

I'm leaving out Boy and October. Boring instrumentals don't qualify. And I'll defend Elvis Presley and America till the end of the world.

Different songs have different meanings for different people.

The sky is blue IMO.

If you don't understand that it's an opinion, it's your problem.

I'm having tears in my eyes at the sight of Wire being in someone's bottom 5 U2 songs.

It's the weakest song on AB, but it's weakest song is still a great song that many artist would have loved to have written... love this song.

I know I stand in the minority with this, but I :heart: this song, I find it very haunting.

Word. Word. Word. One of my favorite songs by any artist, of all time. Mystical brilliance.

nah not so much that, just not too much weird/experimental songs by them besides the fly maybe
i was like WTF when i first heard miami but i love it now because its individual and there not another song like that in the u2 catalogue

Best way to discover the worst U2 song is to put them all on shuffle on an ipod - listened to about 25 in a row and so far the only one that's irritated me a bit is LAPOE. Even New York was a smidge enjoyable!

I'd have to put Miracle Drug above it, but outside of that I agree. :wink: We seem to agree an awful lot lately.

I still retain the opinion that the intro with those gurgly, distorted electronics is so much awesome. And that outro.

Because of this I shouldn't say anything else positive about the album.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom