Why is Larry so unhappy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's will all this Larry unhappiness stuff?? He just doesn't feel like he needs to express himself by grinning all the time, is all. He also says he can concentrate on only one thing at a time. As long as he is great at his job and delivers the goods, why judge and try to figure out theories as to why he doesn't smile?? Leave him alone, he is one of the best musicians of all time!!!

BluRmGrl said:
Larry isn't unhappy :sad: ... Larry is grumpy :grumpy: and that's a distinct difference. Unhappy people are generally unhappy because they won't take control of their lives. Grumpy people are generally grumpy because there are millions of idiots in this world that need their heads pinched off but somebody's always there to stop folks like Larry from finishing the job. Larry's failure to tolerate said idiots & his inability to dispose of them as he sees fit makes him grumpy. :D :lmao:

:up: :laugh:

Leetah said:
I can't believe there are some serious reactions in this thread :lol:
thank god for the moobies taking over:wink:

:shocked: Leetah I think this is the most serious thread EVAR, its so serious my brain is actually aching :happy:

Maybe Larry feels like he so hot looking and so cool that he hates being surrounded by ugly dorks like Adam, Edge and Bono.

HAHAHAA! I vote this the best post ever!! I'm pretty sure Larry does think that :lol: thats why he has been hanging out with them for 26 years + :lmao:

Larry's comfort zone is and always has been his drums. He suffers with wrist problems and back problems. He likes his privacy. I don't think Larry is unhappy at all.

But who wouldn't feel or seem unhappy with all the "bad" things in this world; poverty, terrorism, etc.

:shrug:

Larry explains his lack of :happy:'s... (for the 628698th time)

A recent review in a British Magazine described you as having a face of someone swallowing piss… How do you feel about that?
It made me laugh out loud. And the thought crossed my mind that if I see another one of those signs with SMILE LARRY I might have to use some of my drum sticks for more than drumming. Sadly for me I’m not a multi-tasker. I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. And for 25 years it’s been hitting things. And when I master that I promise I’ll smile and wave and set up my own charity.

:giggle:

Re: Re: Why is Larry so unhappy?

love_u2_adam said:

DIE:mad: :mad:

how could you say adam is ugly!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright

why don't you guys just realx? ok.. someone asked a stupid question and stuff.. but come on
you cannot answer it anyways because none of you does not know Larry that intimate

relax

Larry smiles and waves a lot on stage. He does not like to be bothered when he is on his own time. Bono loves the attention always but Larry values his privacy.

I have to say, though, I've seen practically thousands of photos and vidclips where Larry's laughing and smiling, and I've seen as many pictures of Bono or Edge when they seem pissed off, or irritated. I don't really get the feeling that Larry's anymore grumpy than the other guys...

Heh. Larry + grumpy = throwing sticks and impaling eyeballs.

Larry! Don't you dare smile! I like you sullen, Mullen!

feedtroll.gif

I don't think Larry is unhappy. He's just shy. Many public people who are really shy have bum reps as being snotty or otherwise unfriendly. I don't think Larry is real fond of the PR side of being a rock star. He just wants to play drums in a rock band.

Maybe Larry is unhappy because he feels like he is stuck in this band. He formed it, therefore he has to be in it. He hasn't been happy for a long time and he has wanted to quit, because U2 hasn't had a hit single since One. But it wouldn't look right if he quit since he was the one who started it.

no, no he still thinks its not working...he still thinks its hard work, he still thinks they're struggling every single gig......he still thinks and he's said it, 'its not much fun anymore'.......he's watched Bruce Springsteen, 'he had that joy onstage'

TwoAmericas said:
Is Larry happy? It doesn't seem like he is happy. He seems so pissed and surly all the time. When he looks serious and unhappy, he comes off like a jerk. Adam, on the other hand, is probably the nicest guy in the world. I have never seen Adam so mad or unhappy, except if you count the serious JT photos. Adam seems like the nicest guy. Larry, though, is like, "Get the fuck away from me."
Maybe Larry feels like he so hot looking and so cool that he hates being surrounded by ugly dorks like Adam, Edge and Bono.

What planet are you from and do they breathe oxygen there!:madspit:

TwoAmericas said:
Maybe Larry is unhappy because he is getting older and losing some of his hot looks and his hair is receding and will be probably be bald in a few years.

What's wrong with that! These guys are like wine,man, they get better with age!

OMG that was such a not-a-PLEBA-thing-to-do!!!!!!

:madwife:

TwoAmericas said:
Is Larry happy? It doesn't seem like he is happy. He seems so pissed and surly all the time. When he looks serious and unhappy, he comes off like a jerk. Adam, on the other hand, is probably the nicest guy in the world. I have never seen Adam so mad or unhappy, except if you count the serious JT photos. Adam seems like the nicest guy. Larry, though, is like, "Get the fuck away from me."

dont agree. we all knowlarryisshy and he said in interviews he works in straight lines and boxes and cant manage the press as good as other guys do. His actions, like that time he helped I think it was a logger or similar that the article popped up in here, please someone post it if youd be so kind, those things show the persoon he is. :yes:

i still say, leave him alone! he is a musician first and foremost, not a toothpaste model, he doesn't HAVE to smile. he said he can concentrate only on one thing at a time so let him do that. he's been entertaining billions of fans with music for decades now!

larry is a scorpio .....
they need thier own space
he probably has to tune people out to keep his sanity

it may have nothing to do with unhappy or being a jerk and whatnot.

still waters run deep

my little scorpio child (after having her friends sleep over) whispered in my ear yesterday that she wished they were gone already.

its not that she was actin unhostesslike..she just likes her own time

Last edited:
Babydoll said:
he's hotter than ann. way hotter!

:huh:

his features appeal to women
her features appeal to him...shes very delicate & feminine looking
shes very slim aswell

i think they compliment eachother

Crimson_Nails said:
:lock: I don't want to spoil anyones fun but like Sicy says "Don't feed the troll" This was the wrong thread to post a hate-Larry thread :tsk: I'm a pacifist and I don't like vindictive posts. :reject:

who is being hateful or vindictive?

hes just a mysterious sort of dude

Back
Top Bottom