Who was at Bono's Birthday Elevation Show in Indianapolis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I have a question about "beautiful day" that has been on my mind forever. At the end of the song during his usual MumblesHewson moments (later shows he sings "another soul, another soul in the world") but at this show (May 10, 2001) he sings about his mother.

If you were there, do you remember this? Do you remember what he looked like, if the bandmembers reacted to this, how he looked after singing the lines "mother, why did you go, why did you break my heart"?

Thanks so much. I'm asking just out of curiosity for myself.

Hi olive--I was there in the heart (did I meet you?!). I do remember something about his mother and a discussion about it here later. Some people felt it was because it was both his birthday and mother's day was coming up. But I don't remember the band's reaction or exactly what he said--I'll have to listen to the show to refresh my memory. I do remember thinking it seemed spontaneous and it was very moving.

joyfulgirl said:
Hi olive--I was there in the heart (did I meet you?!). I do remember something about his mother and a discussion about it here later. Some people felt it was because it was both his birthday and mother's day was coming up. But I don't remember the band's reaction or exactly what he said--I'll have to listen to the show to refresh my memory. I do remember thinking it seemed spontaneous and it was very moving.

Hi joyful! I wasn't there :( but I do have the bootleg. It definitely sounds spontaneous and is incredibly moving to hear him cry out like that (to my knowledge he hasn't sung about his mother in that fashion before, at least not on the Elevation tour). Wow...

Yeah I'd love to hear anything you remember about this. I'll try to search for the old thread, can't believe I missed it! :scratch:

I wish I was! I'd have jumped right up on stage with those 30 other girls! :sexywink:

bono41bday.jpg

joyfulgirl said:

Wow.... *downloads bootleg*

Funny story.......I actually missed them playing Beautiful Day and a little UTEOTW after that! See, our seats were CLEAR at the VERY TOP of the area, onto the side. So my friend had the bright idea that we could just pick a random spot in the arena and just stand in the aisle. When they came out playing Elevation, we could see everything so well. It was great. Then, security tells us we're a fire hazard. If there was a fire, I wouldn't be in the way........I'd already be the hell out of the way.

So anyway, my friends and I had to go OUTSIDE the arena, up 2 flights of stairs, and to our original and terrible seats. But some lady let us trade our seats at the top for seats behind the stage. We had the a better view, but mainly I could just stare at the Edge's ass all night. That sucked, but it was neat to see everything that goes on back there.

So in answer to your actual question, I don't know what he said in Elevation. Because I MISSED IT!!!!! I was pissed. I just saw this as another excuse to VENT, seeing how I'm still pissed about it.

The_acrobat said:

We had the a better view, but mainly I could just stare at the Edge's ass all night. That sucked

There are many PLEBA girls who would say you had the best view in the house ;) :lol:

U2Kitten said:

There are many PLEBA girls who would say you had the best view in the house ;) :lol:

Well, perhaps the PLEBA girls will wanna trade me their front row seats for behind the stage seats, if this situation ever comes like that again. His ass is nice! (NOT GAY) HAHA ;)

clarity was there. Where that girl be?

Bono's Hugh Hefner moment was hilarious--girls scratching their way up there. Me, I kept my dignity in the heart, thank you. It's either me and Bono one-on-one up there or nothin' she says pouting, still not admitting she wished she'd just jumped up there...

I'm sorry The_acrobat. I sat behind the stage at one of the ZooTV shows which sucked even more because it was not a behind-the-stage-friendly set. I've seen them from the heart, from the back, from the nosebleeds, from good lower seats...I think I've got the 360 on U2 by now. :D

The_acrobat said:

Well, perhaps the PLEBA girls will wanna trade me their front row seats for behind the stage seats, if this situation ever comes like that again. His ass is nice! (NOT GAY) HAHA ;)

LMAO!! :eeklaugh:

Once I got into the heart and realized that where I was I had a bad view of the guys on the ramp, but it was too late to move. I moaned to the girl next to me that we'd probably be looking at Bono and Edge's butts all night long, and she gave me a wicked look and grin. It was kind of funny.

that's U2Gator to the right of Bono (she posted a lot during the tour but I haven't seen her since)

1900-2.jpg

On your knees bono

I'm listening to this part right now.

Bono's moans at the beginning of this song is seriously sinful. :combust: :drool:

Soooooooooooooooogoooooooooooooooooooood:macdevil:

I would have :combust:'in died had I been there!

:drool:

this was a good time, I was at the tip of the heart during this improptu party on stage. I remember it so well, it was hilarious!

also a good show, lots of fun. everything that night was going in my care. I was able to get on the floor by ripping a "band" of my sock off, and placing it on my wrist. The wrist bands were white, so a white sock wrist band looked real enough. it was great fun to get on the floor and to the front for this show.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Travis Pictures\U2 Elevation\u2girlsonstage.jpg

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Travis Pictures\U2 Elevation\happybdaybono.jpg

I was at the show! It was so awesome! It was my second U2 concert and I was front row in the heart! It was just amazing!

I don't remember Bono saying anything! Maybe because I was so excited!!! I will have to listen to my CD again! And I've listened to this CD a lot. It's hilarious to hear Bono say " I feel like Hugh Hefner!!!"""

I so wanted to jump up with all the other girls but there was a security guard right in front of me and there was no way I could get up there! I'm too short!!

Yep, I was there. The_Acrobat is my cousin, we went through all that BS. It sucked getting stuck behind the stage, the pot smoke was bad. I didnt think people smoked at U2 concerts!

Back
Top Bottom