Which U2 song do you wish was still performed in concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An Cat Dubh, Fire, God Part II, Exit, The Playboy Mansion, and is Seconds ever played live before?

Ultraviolet was one of my favorite songs performed from Zoo TV, especially the MacPhisto segue into it when they were in Europe

shame it was bumped off the list after Zooropa was released

also HMTMKMKM needs 2 b brot bac big time, awesome song, only played during PopMart, shame:eyebrow:

if you go 2 U2faqs.com, i think they tell ya which songs were performed live.

Last edited:
IMO, they rele need to stop playin Bullet, I think there are a least a few dozen of their songs better than that 1 that haven't been played live in a while or ever

In Gods Country
A Sort of Homecoming (with rea effort and passion put in, one of U2's best songs)

There's absolutely tons, but overall winner: Running to Stand Still

strannix said:
"Please", the full electric version. Not that I didn't like the acoustic one, too, but the POPMart version was wonderful.

I'll third or fourth or whatever that....Best song to not be performed after its initial inception in a setlist....EVER!

Soon we'll add Elevation to that list, because I can't fathom them playing it anything other than 1st in a setlist....if they do it wouldn't be the same.

One Tree Hill, Hawkmoon 269, and Zoo Station.

Red Hill Mining Town wasn't played live because the song is too high, vocally, for Bono to have performed it night in and out.

LemonMacPhisto said:
IMO, they rele need to stop playin Bullet, I think there are a least a few dozen of their songs better than that 1 that haven't been played live in a while or ever

Yes, they don't always have to play both Bullet and New Year's Day. If they are so eager to perform out-sized socially conscious rock songs, then write a NEW ONE.

Now, One Tree Hill simply begs to be played again. How about Tomorrow, as well?

Love is Blindness - Hauntingly beautiful
Running to Stand Still - In my all time top three
11 O'Clock Tic Toc - I have a recording of the New York Club Concert at Irving Plaza before the Elevation tour and blast this all the time - Fantastic!!!
and finally.... Party Girl - it's just a fun song.

I've got a few, but my number one is, in fact, my number one. Here we go, then:

1) "An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart"
2) "MOFO"
3) "I Threw A Brick Through a Window"
4) "Love is Blindness"
5) "Surrender"

Sharik said:

Yes, they don't always have to play both Bullet and New Year's Day. If they are so eager to perform out-sized socially conscious rock songs, then write a NEW ONE.

Does Love and Peace or Else fit this bill?.. Stick a Bullet-like Solo in it and maybe you've got it.

It would be great if U2 did the same thing as R.E.M. did on their laast tour, Fans could go to their website and make requests for each concert...

My set list would be something like: NOT IN ORDER:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Red Hill Mining Town
Out Of Control
Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own
One Tree Hill
City Of Blinding Lights
One/?Unchanied Melody
With Or Without you
Where the Streets...
Love And Peace Or else
Until the End of the World
Original Of Species
Yahweh
All Because of you
Last Night On Earth
Staring At The Sun
Pride
New Years Day
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Beautiful Day
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad (Ruby Tuesday version)
Stay (faraway so close)
In Gods Country
Running too stand still

Okay, maybe it would get too long if i kept going...

One Tree Hill

I know this didn't get performed often ever, but I'd sure
love to see it

I'd love to see 'Zooropa' performed live on the new tour. And 'So Cruel', and I know this is probably just me but 'Is That All?' if only to see Larry do the drums.

Please - full band version .................................

Without POP there would be no Please.............. (or Gone), both amazing live performances, just a a liitle tidbit for the POP bashers out there.

oh so many....

Trip Through Your Wires
Zooropa
Seconds (b/c Edge sings that and it kicks the ass of Numb)
Wild Honey
Running To Stand Still
The Refugee
and I'm so glad they started playing Out of Control again on the Elevation Tour.

....how about songs they need to drop?
I'll start: New York. great city (my hometown!) but weak song.

WIRE!!!!! PLAY IT, DAMN IT! PLAY IT! This song would absolutely rock live. Every time I listen to Unforgettable Fire it just aggrivates the hell out of me that this doesn't get played live.

Back
Top Bottom