Which do you prefer: Ticketfast or Ticket Stubs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
I prefer to have a hard ticket stub. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't like carrying around a sheet of paper with my ticket on it.

Also, Ticketfast is an easy way for people to scam people out of money. What prevents someone from emailing the same set of tickets to multiple people?

I prefer to have a hard ticket too. Paper gets all wrinkly and stuff (yeah, you can print another nice one out but it's just not the same). Plus these days they just scan and not tear the ticket so you end up having the whole intact ticket as a souvenir. :)

I wanted actual tickets, but I'm an idiot and accidently got ticketfast.. it'll be my first concert ever and i have sheets of paper damnit all.

there's something special about getting real tickets in the mail. makes it feel more 'official' or something.

Stubs -- a much better souvenier.
Plus, unless you are the original owner of the PDF file, way too much risk... for all you know, someone posted that PDF to an FTP site and sold it numerous times.
Yikes

Gotta have the stub. It's part of the whole experience. I still have the stub from every show I've ever been to.

PinkHairBaby said:
I wanted actual tickets, but I'm an idiot and accidently got ticketfast.. it'll be my first concert ever and i have sheets of paper damnit all.

If they haven't shipped out your tickets yet you can just call ticketmaster and have them change it to whatever delivery method you want.

I just changed my MSG 10/8 from Ticketfast to Regular Mail and saw the change reflected immediately online and received the credit for the $2.50 ticketfast charge on my CC.

If you are the original purchaser from the Ticketmaster website, I don't see why you would have to worry about other people having your Ticketfast tickets............I like Ticketfast because you get your tickets nearly instantly and don't have to worry about getting them in the mail........and you can't lose them either as you can just keep them on your HD and print them out right before a show..........for me, I'm going to see U2 for the live experience.........I don't really care about having a ticket stub or a t-shirt afterwards....

I like hard tickets, but for this tour went with Ticketfast. I want to get my tickets right after I purchase them, and dont want to wait for Ticketmaster to mail them. I don't trust those bastards.

I understand some people are paranoid about paper tickets, or someone hacking into their emails or something. And I am a little bit too. As soon as TM send me the tickets, I print them out immediately and delete the file. I then lock my tickets in my safe :wink:

I did ticketfast to a few shows but ones I knew I was definitely going to. I didn't do ticketfast for a few tickets I thought I'd have to sell mainly because of the fee's involved. But I would never buy a ticket from someone that used ticketfast because of what U2Wedge pointed out that you don't know if the seller sold that sheet of paper to 10 other people.....

arw9797 said:
I did ticketfast to a few shows but ones I knew I was definitely going to. I didn't do ticketfast for a few tickets I thought I'd have to sell mainly because of the fee's involved. But I would never buy a ticket from someone that used ticketfast because of what U2Wedge pointed out that you don't know if the seller sold that sheet of paper to 10 other people.....

Exactly...I spoke to Ticketmaster about this....their suggestion; make sure you're the first one in with your ticketfast cause if there are others (scanned) out there, your's will be voided by the scanner...

NOW I am totally paranoid. I didn't even know what ticketfast was until now. I just found out that the tickets I bought from ebay were sold by a girl who is sending me her ticketfast. She is forwarding it to me. PLEASE say I haven't been scammed. I will DIE. (my husband will murder me).

I pasted some of your info about changing the format of the tickets, maybe she will cooperate.

Any other suggestions other than pray and get there very early for GA (which I had already planned to do just to get up close). I can worry until NOVEMBER now. SHIT>

Pipe, thanks for the kind words. She seems good. Her feedback is impeccable and I did some investivagive work. She has or had no other auctions for U2 Atlanta 11/19 GenAdm up now, or recently. All she does is apparently make 1,000s of dollars each month on a variety of in demand tickets, vastly overpriced. Atleast I got them. I'd died if I couldn't go....oh wait, I may not be going if it is a freakin S C A M.

Sorry, I am an alarmist. :|

PinkHairBaby said:

Just call ticketmaster and ask for a change , they must cancel your ticketfast and send hard tickets.

Do it only of you still have time to wait for hard tickets

I like hard tickets 'cause it's a souvenir, anti-hacker and a valuable even after the concert.

Has anyone who has asked to change ticketfast tickets to hard tickets had any issues with Ticketmaster getting that done? Or was it a pretty easy thing to do?

I am currently trying to trade (or sell if I absolutely have to) tix for the 5/7 show in Chicago, but of course my ticketfast tix are making it hard to do (completely understandable) and I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten hard tickets when they called to change their tix.

I appreciate any help!

HolySpaceJunk said:
Has anyone who has asked to change ticketfast tickets to hard tickets had any issues with Ticketmaster getting that done? Or was it a pretty easy thing to do?

I changed mine with no problem. They just cancelled the ticketfasts and sent new tickets.

I don't remember but seems like it took awhile because it was during the presales fiasco and all the tickets were mailed out in a few weeks at the same time. Since your show is a month away, you'd be better off getting them sent by one of the express mail options. Email Ticketmaster right away--they got back to me very quickly (same day) believe it or not.

hello
i got a question
i bought a ga ticket , what received was a sheet of paper , with the ticket on it and everything
is it fake ??
and the most important question , can i change it for ticket stub , like in the arena box - office

:huh: :huh:

I prefer ticketfast for any shows that I *know* I am going to. Even though I agree hard tickets are great, I can't justify the cost difference. That said, if I were grabbing tickets hoping for a trade or something, then I would definitely get hard tickets.

I had an extra ticket for San Diego 2 that I needed to sell, but it was ticketfast. What I ended up doing was finding a fan in the parking lot, and making a gentlemen's agreement with him that he'd pay me once in the door. It worked out great (not that he could really screw me - the seat was right next to mine anyway).

I bought Ticketfast tix from a reputable ticket broker on ebay. Even checked with the BBB and everything looks fine, but I'm still nervous that I might not get in. I think I might call Ticketmaster and see if they can send me some hard tix.

I detest ticketfast. Too big and cumbersome-Sort of awkward looking in the scrapbook. Afraid that in the not so near future, tickets will be a thing of the past.

Back
Top Bottom