Where the album has a cover? [CONFIRMED]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's NO line ON the horizon, but one ABOVE it and one UNDERNEATH it. So like the title says! But what will it mean?

It's not like Bono took the photo anyway...doesn't really matter who took it.

Sheesh. I've no idea what they were aiming for but IMO it's the dullest, least appealing U2 album cover ever, :down: HTDAAB cover was pretty atrocious but at least you could have a laugh at how badly Bono's head was Photoshopped in; this one is just bland and grey and boring. Won't ultimately matter if the music's good but ughh.

I don't get why many find that cover "dull" or "boring", why, just because it's not colorful? It has a meditative atmosphere that I really appreciate. I'm a fan of that kind of photography and have taken many pictures that look like that one, I love them more than the colored one. The sea/sky image is open to so many different ways of interpretation, and the = sign just adds to that. People should stop seing just the obvious, because there's much more to it. Use your imagination.

It may be one of my favourite U2 covers. The fact that the band isn't on the cover just makes it more appealing.

The album just came up for Pre-Order on iTunes... THE COVER HAS NO = :huh:

itunes.png

=so is everything gonna get enclosed in "="=

or a bunch of

u2's "NLOTH"=great music

I don't get why many find that cover "dull" or "boring", why, just because it's not colorful? It has a meditative atmosphere that I really appreciate. I'm a fan of that kind of photography and have taken many pictures that look like that one, I love them more than the colored one. The sea/sky image is open to so many different ways of interpretation, and the = sign just adds to that. People should stop seing just the obvious, because there's much more to it. Use your imagination.

It may be one of my favourite U2 covers. The fact that the band isn't on the cover just makes it more appealing.

I think you are trying to bring a bunch of horses to water and getting mad that they won't drink.:)

Not everyone is going to see it as quickly as you or I. I guess we can find solace in the fact that WE see it and get it....know what I mean?

Sheesh. I've no idea what they were aiming for but IMO it's the dullest, least appealing U2 album cover ever, :down: HTDAAB cover was pretty atrocious but at least you could have a laugh at how badly Bono's head was Photoshopped in; this one is just bland and grey and boring. Won't ultimately matter if the music's good but ughh.

I agree with you, i think it's bland and lifeless. Given that the sound of the album is supposedly is more ecletic and complex i was expecting something more colorful, as i said before, more in line with the Q magazine artice design theme. Maybe a black background with some blue letters and some "light" effects. Making it more alive.

I think you are trying to bring a bunch of horses to water and getting mad that they won't drink.:)

Not everyone is going to see it as quickly as you or I. I guess we can find solace in the fact that WE see it and get it....know what I mean?

Yep. That's the teacher in me.

But you're right. :)

iTunes pre-order includes a pre-order extra track, an "exclusive" iTunes bonus album track and a digital booklet, that's not bad for $9.99 - also supposed to be iTunes "plus".

Subject to change disclaimer though.

Looked on hmv website and you can see U2-NO LINE ON THE HOR I ZON written under the picture, wonder why Horizon has been split?

Please i want to post an image but i can't. Could someone help me and show me how to do it??? Pleasee?? :doh:

Go to ImageShack® - Image Hosting and browse for your picture, hit upload. What's next is a bit sneaky, when it's uplaoded the page will show a bunch of links. Scroll all the way down, there's some red text saying DO NOT USE THIS LINK FOR FORUM stuff, click to reveal a link there. That's the link you should use, but it has no advertisement for imageshack, hence they don't want you to use it.
Copy paste that link on here, and enclose it with
tags.

Go to ImageShack® - Image Hosting and browse for your picture, hit upload. What's next is a bit sneaky, when it's uplaoded the page will show a bunch of links. Scroll all the way down, there's some red text saying DO NOT USE THIS LINK FOR FORUM stuff, click to reveal a link there. That's the link you should use, but it has no advertisement for imageshack, hence they don't want you to use it.
Copy paste that link on here, and enclose it with
tags.

:ohmy:!!! Thanx!

I agree with you, i think it's bland and lifeless. Given that the sound of the album is supposedly is more ecletic and complex i was expecting something more colorful, as i said before, more in line with the Q magazine artice design theme. Maybe a black background with some blue letters and some "light" effects. Making it more alive.

U2 is going to put out what they want based on where they are now. I don't think we should be putting too many expectations on them as if the album was made exclusively for you. I mean what should happen on the next album? Have fans take over the art department and make their own covers without hearing the music?

This is something i did today just show people what i was expecting for the cover of NLOTH. I know that i should have posted this in the fake album cover some while ago, but as i said , i did this today just to show what i was expecting, something more in line with the idea of this album being a more complex and bold atempt from U2.

I'll post a smaller image soon... (i'm new on this image stuff)

This is something i did today just show people what i was expecting for the cover of NLOTH. I know that i should have posted this in the fake album cover some while ago, but as i said , i did this today just to show what i was expecting, something more in line with the idea of this album being a more complex and bold atempt from U2.

U2 did it again. They did something you didn't expect. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom