Where the album has a cover? [CONFIRMED]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so - no line on the horizon, but lines either side of it, could be taken as hope - we're getting there or we're getting closer, there's a calmness to the picture and finding a horizon perhaps is where we'll find peace.

That could also be complete bollox of course :)

From a design standpoint the boxset looks very well done. It gives a strong sense of atmosphere and tranquility. I haven't gotten that kind of a feeling from a U2 cover since the Joshua Tree.

I'm really starting to come around on this cover...its really growing on me.

They sent an email with all the album info from yesterday's posting, as well as the boxset photo and a link to buy the album from HMV.

Has no one else received this?

It has just occurred to me that the two blocks of the "equals sign" are to represent the sea and sky. There is a gap inbetween them implying the two do not join, hence no line.

So perhaps the key is to consider that symbol to be a representation of the cover photograph, rather than drawing attention to itself specifically.

This would logically then flow through the rest of the graphic design, as we can see from the box-set.

It has just occurred to me that the two blocks of the "equals sign" are to represent the sea and sky. There is a gap inbetween them implying the two do not join, hence no line.

So perhaps the key is to consider that symbol to be a representation of the cover photograph, rather than drawing attention to itself specifically.

This would logically then flow through the rest of the graphic design, as we can see from the box-set.

:hmm::hmm::hmm: i think u're right :D

Here is an attempt of mine at recreations. I tried to get that font right but obviously with that small photo it's hard to tell. The album cover is pretty much exact to what has been released and I used the original high res photo from Sugimoto to match it.

fdgjyo.jpg

4pupmf.jpg

Thanks thelaj!! I always wondered if I would use that font one day. I'll change my pic.

.....k...changed. Probably one of the most easiest album covers to do. Thankfully the Sugimoto pic was easy to find.

I think you might be over thinking it a bit....or maybe A LOT

Keep it simple.

The equals sign represents AN EQUALS sign. What its saying is the sky = the sea.....hence NO LINE ON THE HORIZON. But don't think about it in a literal way, but think of it in a more esoteric way. The cover is trying to convey the thought or the zen idea as opposed to the literal image.

I think you might be over thinking it a bit....or maybe A LOT

Keep it simple.

The equals sign represents AN EQUALS sign. What its saying is the sky = the sea.....hence NO LINE ON THE HORIZON. But don't think about it in a literal way, but think of it in a more esoteric way. The cover is trying to convey the thought or the zen idea as opposed to the literal image.

So we come to the same conclusion, in a different way :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom