Where the album has a cover? [CONFIRMED]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too literal and "expected" for them.

U2 never does the "expected"

watch the actual cover be a mind blowing Kaleidoscope of pictures and colors reminiscent of Achtung Baby or something like that.

I agree.

I hoping for the sea sky image with an arabic and or psychedelic pattern over top the image but it a faint way.

Is the Japanese art an actual photo? I can't tell. Regardless, it doesn't look like the video Larry took. I think any photo capture from that video would look better, that's all.

I'm pretty sure it's an actual photo, I'm not saying it wasn't probably altered a bunch after the fact and yeah, I think it looks exactly like the clip you quoted, in fact I think it's better since the sea is darker and it gives more contrast against the sky…

I don't like it. I understand the idea but, for an album cover of a mediatic band, it's a very bland and boring image, not very attractive in its purpose. It may be a beautiful image, but the cover of something the that face of it, it's very important, whether it is an album, a book, a movie poster or a milk pack.

I'm pretty sure it's an actual photo, I'm not saying it wasn't probably altered a bunch after the fact and yeah, I think it looks exactly like the clip you quoted, in fact I think it's better since the sea is darker and it gives more contrast against the sky…

Fair enough, but then you are in fact agreeing with me that they don't look the same.

Adam said year ago or when something about making it a bit more colourful so I'd be dissapointed when they'd stick with this

i like the waves for the cover ... but it need like a puppy overlayed on it ... maybe like a puppy in the clouds ... like he is in heaven.

I was expecting something more colourful, not AB kind of multi colourful, but some colors to move away from Leave Behind and Bomb. This kind of white/grey worked very well with the first one; but the last one i believe almost everyone dislike it. Bring us some colors!

u2u2sfu9.jpg

really love the work of Sugimoto - would be fantastic. Could look like something like this - don't think they will put the text "no line.." on the cover - would be like a double.

Uhhh, I don't know, I'm doubting this rumor. And I think it would be a bit anti-climactic if this was it seeing as about 20 people in the Fake Cover thread had the exact same idea. We'll find out soon enough, though. I'm guessing we get a tracklisting and cover within a week or two. Does anyone remember when the HTDAAB cover was announced in relation to the release date of the album?

u2u2sfu9.jpg

really love the work of Sugimoto - would be fantastic. Could look like something like this - don't think they will put the text "no line.." on the cover - would be like a double.

I have to say, that would inded look amazing... Imagine those racked up in the shops... And indeed, Just U2 is enough. Im surprised at how much I like it in the dead centre like that, very striking indeed... Dare I say, Iconic?

I still think thay should stick with the total, minimal, obvious image on the cover then go crazy inside, lots of pictures of the recording process, Morocco, that aerial one that would look so good stretched across a gatefold...

u2u2sfu9.jpg

I actually wish someone would take the 'U2' and put it in a more transparent type, along with the album title and run it across the bottom of this pic. That way it might work. I wish I had access to Photoshop right now, I'd show you all what I'm talking about. Everyone is thinking to literally and too obvious.

I think its quite likely the cover has some element of a Morrocan / North African feel. Given their first official photo behind the album (in Fez) and some of the song titles (Cedars of Lebanon, Tripoli), I think it's unlikely they'd put an image as generic as this.

Also, thought Adam hinted that this album had shades of different colors...I doubt they'd once again go black and white....

Not a big fan of this. Too simple, boring, and literal. I might get used to it, but does anyone remember watching that Q Magazine video with Adam talking? He was talking about how they were going to be adding more "color" and "fun" to what they are doing if I remember right. This album art does not scream either of things to me :hmm:

I can see it both ways. They might feel free to use someone else's work because they're giving Anton the dvd (that's huge....it's free directorial advertising for Anton). Still, they've done so much work with him throughout their career, it'd be a shame in a way if they didn't use him.

It makes sense as well. Maybe they used them both in a combined effort. Let's see...

Uhhh, I don't know, I'm doubting this rumor. And I think it would be a bit anti-climactic if this was it seeing as about 20 people in the Fake Cover thread had the exact same idea. We'll find out soon enough, though. I'm guessing we get a tracklisting and cover within a week or two. Does anyone remember when the HTDAAB cover was announced in relation to the release date of the album?

The cover showed up on amazon before it was announced by the band. I think it was around the time of the physical release of Vertigo single (Nov 8)

u2u2sfu9.jpg

I dont get the nay-sayers. I love it!

The same nay-sayers who didnt want the band on there, who wanted something a bit different. Well this is different!

And also, I dont think it is black and white. Its murky water, but I definately see some blue in there. I lived in Newcastle near the harbour for 21 years, and have seen water that colour 1000's of times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom