Where is this supposed "media blitz"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but don't you think we would have seen more action by now...after all we were told that there was going to be a gazillion dollars spent on promoting this new album...

Does touring count for promotion? I could see that as part of the media blitz if you include touring, not to mention they'll get in to the R&R Hall of fame, that alone will generate some media attention.

Yeah about the R&R Hall of Fame....is the general public able to go to that? I'm down here in Columbus but you bet your ass I'll go up there if there is an oppurtunity to see this long overdue event occur.

Maybe it alraedy started. Maybe they give free beer to the radio stations every time they play Vertigo. That would make me play it even if I hated it. :drool: Beer :drool:

Guys....it's September....the album's out in November....a whooooooole month till all that starts.

LOL!

The Single hasn't even been out a week, and management probably wants to see some numbers before they decide where to push most. Although the next single is more than likely already decided, they might change it depending on factors I don't fully comprehend. I know almost nothing about the music business, so I think I'll just go back to what I was doing....

nevermind.

starsgoblue said:
Yeah about the R&R Hall of Fame....is the general public able to go to that? I'm down here in Columbus but you bet your ass I'll go up there if there is an oppurtunity to see this long overdue event occur.

the induction is held in NYC each year and usually aired by Vh1 later. Im i cleveland so i feel your pain.

Zoocoustic said:
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but don't you think we would have seen more action by now...after all we were told that there was going to be a gazillion dollars spent on promoting this new album...

I'm by no means an expert - but the news coverage of the single has been massive, and since the song has been so well-received by fans and radio alike, I would say all of this is a media blitz in and of itself.

Moving on to promotion for the album, I would start looking for widespread magazine coverage starting in music mag's October issues such as the rumored SPIN appearance and confirmed BLENDER interview/article.

Beyond that, look for television coverage and perhaps television appearances. Saturday Night Live would be a wise move if the band is in NYC to appear on Letterman....

I'm sure in a couple weeks the sound and fury of the HTDAAB media blitz will become very clear. I for one am breathless for tour dates!

U2 is spending 17mill on advertising for the album. Why in God's green earth would they start the advertising blitz now??? If they did, you'd have the masses flocking into HMV to purchase HTDAAB and have them get all pissed off when it's not there. We will see the advertising in November. Expect tv commercials (in conjuction with a music store), radio ads, and print.

As far as Magazine covers. U2 isn't paying for that. The Magazine decides what its reader's would appreciate. U2 is merely making themselves available for photos and interviews. Think of this as "residual advertising".

Back
Top Bottom