Where did Zooromancer mix of Salome originally appear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Am I Zoo

The Fly
Simple question here: I've been looking through a listing of all U2 singles and haven't seen the Zooromancer remix of "Salome" anywhere -- so where does this thing come from?

There's a version of the song on the EBTTRT single, but I always assumed this was just a cleaned up version of the "Salome" from the AB Working Tapes bootleg, not the Zooromancer.

Hello,

The first CD release of Salome (Zooromancer Remix) was on a version of the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses single. There were 2 versions of that single. One had a cover in blue and red (making it the 4th part of a 4 part set; if you arrange the covers of The Fly, MW, EBTTRT and WGRYWH the right way you get one photo). Anyway, that single had 2 versions of WGRYWH and the covers Paint It Black and Fortunate Son. However, in Europe (only?) there was also a second single, with a cover mainly in red and yellow (and zooming in on a part of the original cover). That single shared its first 2 tracks with the regular version, but then it had Salome (Zooromancer Remix) and Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix). Is this a bit clear?

Around the time of that single release the remix also was released as a 12" vinyl promo (backed with Can't Help Falling In Love (Mystery Train Dub) [which has never been released anywhere else]. The track also appears on the remix album Melon and now an edited version can be found on the B-Sides disc (the original mix is 8 minutes long).

BTW, you are right that the original (non-remix and in my eyes infinitely superior) version of Salome appears on the EBTTRT single.

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

The first CD release of Salome (Zooromancer Remix) was on a version of the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses single. There were 2 versions of that single. One had a cover in blue and red (making it the 4th part of a 4 part set; if you arrange the covers of The Fly, MW, EBTTRT and WGRYWH the right way you get one photo). Anyway, that single had 2 versions of WGRYWH and the covers Paint It Black and Fortunate Son. However, in Europe (only?) there was also a second single, with a cover mainly in red and yellow (and zooming in on a part of the original cover). That single shared its first 2 tracks with the regular version, but then it had Salome (Zooromancer Remix) and Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix). Is this a bit clear?

Yes, very clear. Thanks for the info, Marty. A Europe-only version of the WGRYWH single -- that would explain why it isn't listed on Interference's singles discography.

The track also appears on the remix album Melon and now an edited version can be found on the B-Sides disc (the original mix is 8 minutes long).

So they chopped iut down for the Best Of, huh? I noticed that the Hexidecimal remix of "Discotheque" was shorter on the Best Of, too. I guess some of the others have been whacked as well.

Am I Zoo said:

Yes, very clear. Thanks for the info, Marty. A Europe-only version of the WGRYWH single -- that would explain why it isn't listed on Interference's singles discography.

Then you should check http://www.u2wanderer.org I think their U2 discography section is the most elaborate I've seen. They also have scans of the WGRYWH single with the Salome remix, etc.

So they chopped iut down for the Best Of, huh? I noticed that the Hexidecimal remix of "Discotheque" was shorter on the Best Of, too. I guess some of the others have been whacked as well.

Apart from those 2 (Salome and Discotheque) the only other remix that has been edited is the Gimme Some More Dignity Remix of Numb. On Melon it was 8:50 (or something like that). On the Special Brew compilation it was 8:20 (basically cutting the 'telephone intro') and here it is again edited.

C ya!

Marty (who's off to watch Idols, the Dutch version of American Idol. Out of reality people who cannot sing, but think they are great and then being trashed... wonderful!)

Back
Top Bottom