When does it hit you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
In honor of there being 16 days until opening night in San Diego, the question bears to be asked...when does it hit you that you are about to go to a U2 show?

Myself: As soon as I see the Upstaging red tour trucks and the tour busses. There is something about those trucks. Such a welcome sight. I tease my wife every time a red truck passes us on the freeway..."hey, its upstaging!" It hurt our hearts a bit to see them doing the last Pearl Jam tour. But alas, we are actually only 2 weeks away from when a lot of people will start arriving in San Diego. That is when it becomes real to us. Most shows it is as soon as your ticket is taken, but U2 its a bit earlier.

for popmart in oakland, ca it hit me when i was on the freeway overpass and i looked over at Oakland Coliseum and saw the yellow arch sticking above the stadium. heart skipped a beat.

another thing that happens to me everytime is once i'm in the arena/stadium and i get the first look at the stage. then it hits me that i'm there. can't wait for that feeling openning night in San Diego!!!

when i walked into the gate for popmart at anz stadium - brisbane (australia) - turned, and saw that yellow arch and massive screen - water welled in my eyes...not in a sad way, just overwhelming...all those images id seen online of the stage setup...it was no comparison..

words cant describe it..

:drool:

When I put my tickets in my pocket as I'm walking out the door. That's when I know, that instead of staring at them for weeks on end, I am finally putting them to use. I am finally going to the concert. I am finally going to see U2!! :hyper:

Re: Re: When does it hit you...

U2Girl1978 said:

Just curious...What do you mean by this?

It brought back so many good memories of the U2 tour when we saw Upstaging doing the Pearl Jam tour. Weird, I know.

Right now my Vancouver tickets for both nights are having this effect on me. Its almost like I am turing into... Gollum!!!

I'm getting more paranoid that my house is going to get broken into or burned down. I find myself actually talking out loud to my tickets as if they were people. Naming them "Precious" seems perfectly normal. I feel like eating a lot of sushi these days. I swear, my eyes are getting bigger. I feel more comfortable moving around on my hands and knees now. :ohmy:

San Diego will be my first U2 show ever. I've desperately wanted to go for so long that I've blocked this trip out of my head. I cant think about it or I'll cry. I'm going to cry the whole concert.

I can't believe all you folks with hundreds and thousands of posts...and never seen U2. Wow.

Will be flying from Dallas to San Diego on March 27th. I will be pumped and ready as I get into the plane and toss a few drinks back in preparation for the tour.

cmb737 said:
I can't believe all you folks with hundreds and thousands of posts...and never seen U2. Wow.

Would help if U2 came to Australia more often ...

ah bloody hell.

You will probably be the only ones in the world (save Japan) to see them in 2006.

And me...cause I care THAT much.

Back
Top Bottom