Whats the special announcement tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://community.u2.com/topic/26366?page=24

Although I'm sure within an hour there will be 20 different threads about it, since that's how they roll over there. :wink:

69436153.png
:(

I'm a paid member and all. But I suppose my technical issues are the the least of the things that U2.com will be getting hate mail over.

And the fact that we have 40+ members viewing this thread...was expecting more, but that's U2.com for you. Still like the mix, though. :shrug:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Huh, the thread is still there for me. Maybe because it's with my login that it didn't work? That doesn't make sense, but who knows with that goofy site.

But we also got our expectations up tremendously, and perhaps we are just a little obsessed with getting new music. I'm not sure.

I am sure. Some really are too obsessed and need a good dose of reality.
Or rather, this was what I'd expected it to be, the Tiësto remix. Other options might've been a track from Edge's Picks streaming or some other 360 material. Not completely new music as there's nothing indicating that there is new music.

If any Americans did take time away from whatever they were doing with family or for the holiday, then I'd question their priorities. We all love U2, but come on now.

I'm flying solo today, so my priorities are just fine. :wink:

69436153.png
:(

I'm a paid member and all. But I suppose my technical issues are the the least of the things that U2.com will be getting hate mail over.

Huh, the thread is still there for me. Maybe because it's with my login that it didn't work? That doesn't make sense, but who knows with that goofy site.

I can also open the link.
It might be digitize's forum settings (for U2.com) and the #of posts he wants to have on a page. The link referred to a specific page #, so if he has a higher posts per page setting that page # might not exist for him yet.

If anyone wants to bitch at the site, the mods over there asked people to tweet directly to @u2com or @LiveNationShows.

If anyone feels so inclined.

I'm disappointed too but the griping here is a little over the top.
U2.com has done a much better job over the last few years so I'm not going to bash them every time they do something I don't like.
Let's just hope that when there IS new music, that we ARE the first to hear it.

I'm disappointed too but the griping here is a little over the top.
U2.com has done a much better job over the last few years so I'm not going to bash them every time they do something I don't like.
Let's just hope that when there IS new music, that we ARE the first to hear it.

I don't care if I'm first, but new music would be nice....one day......

Me either. In fact, I think I'm going to take a nap now, in fine Thanksgiving tradition (although I haven't had turkey yet, so it's not quite traditional).

Bye, all. Enjoy your day. :wave:

I didn't wait for it nor did I expect anything, but seriously. Fuck U2. They are such an embarrassment now.

I can't believe anyone here seriously thought it would NOT be the Pride remix. Come on, news about this remix surfaced some days ago and they said it would be released late November, suddenly U2.com makes an audio announcement and everyone is getting their hopes up in a ridiculous way. They're trying to promote this remix, it's a Bono project, it's obviously an important issue for him, it's for charity and World AIDS day, so yes, they need to gain some attention. I'm fine with that. I'm not into remixes and I'd prefer a new song over this release like everyone else, but I never had a single doubt in my mind that the "special announcement" would be the Pride remix.

But then again, I'm not a subscriber and we don't have Thanksgiving here, so maybe that's why I'm not getting emotional about this issue.

KUEFC09U2 said:
Please tell me you are joking? or have you really become so jaded?

They just made (some, not me) fans wait hours with the promise of a special announcement and it turned out to be a remix of 28-year-old song by one of the world's most popular DJ. How is that not completely embarrassing? It's an insult.

I don't care, because I'm pretty much past the point of caring. Starting to think we'll be lucky to get an album next year!

I think the attention this is being given is a combination of u2.com trying to be better, and the fact that this tiesto remix is gonna be part of the 'RED' organisation album, so it's a way to promote a new RED product to u2 fans and give them something to tide them over in between album cycles.
That's so lame!

I hoped it would be new album audio. I couldn't hear it due to site problems, but I wouldn't have cared. Thanks for talking about it, so I can stop wondering.

Back
Top Bottom