Whats the special announcement tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best thing about this is the new Bono vocal.

Pretty awesome considering how passionate the original vocal is and how he could never seem to get this one just right live...

I was excited for something like new live tracks or something... And then we get another god damn remix.

I love how the homepage comes right up with a subscription offer.

This was all a ploy to get people off from work to sign up and pay for subscriptions and give this band more money.

What a joke.

PS the remix sucks.:down:

What a weak vocal. Bono sounds so old trying to sing this song and has pretty much for 20 years. Just not a song he can do anymore.

I'm not about to sift through 25 fucking pages to see if anyone else asked this:

Fuck the vocal, why not a loop of Edge's guitar riff?

I could actually do a better remix than this, using just that classic riff...I might use a chorus or two (circa 1984), and the oh-oh-ohs maybe ..but the riff is KEY.

Tiesto sucks.

So whats happened guys? Have they released anything?

EDIT: Just read the thread in Everything you know is wrong.........Ha very funny...gotta luv U2 for giving us false hopes of releasing something big. Oh well.

I never expected anything other than a completely lame announcement of something completely lame, like this completely lame remix, but I'm amazed U2.com managed to hype this up more than they've hyped up bloody new album and tour announcements. Talk about misplaced priorities.

Totally deflating news... last night I couldn't get onto U2.com as it was overloaded...I was seriously pumped with excitement at seeing this...I thought it must be a new single! U2 had dropped it by surprise to really get the hype going...nice one!... And then I discover it's this pants remix of Pride... my word... what were the bods at U2.com thinking?

I think when any new material is actually announced/released the place is going to go wild!

I think there is a lot of pent up demand!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Did anyone honestly expect an album announcement? Really? Really really?

I've been burned from them enough to expect anything, but I will admit that a small part of me thought they may at least broadcast a rare live recording only because they hyped it up more than they did the new album or tour announcement.

I think when any new material is actually announced/released the place is going to go wild!

I think there is a lot of pent up demand!

i guess that is one positive thing that came out of it - at least everyone is aware that the demand is there and people seem pretty desperate to hear new material from the band...

Back
Top Bottom