What U2 songs can you not stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boy/Girl
Another Day
Touch
J. Swallow
The Refugee
Babyface
The First Time
The Wanderer
Slow Dancing
Wild Honey
Grace
Big Girls Are Best

I must say I'm also suprised by some of the songs topping many people's lists like: Miami, EP and America, and Babyface.

Those are 3 of my faves!(especially the live version of Miami)

I'd say if there are any U2 songs that I don't like as much as the others, my picks would be:

Red Light
The Refugee
Indian Summer Sky

BTW, a little off topic, but Into The Heart is a fucking awesome tune.

cya in a couple weeks:wave:

I love all of them. However, I do, of course, like some songs more than others, but I don't downright hate any song.

Anyway..

Grace (I love the mood of the song, but the lyrics grate on my nerves for some reason)
The Wanderer
Salome (I like the remix a lot better)

elevatedmole said:
I love all of them. However, I do, of course, like some songs more than others, but I don't downright hate any song.

Oh yeah, that's me, too. I have my absolute favorite songs and then the ones that I still like, but not nearly as much as the absolute favorites.

It's just...some of the songs these people say they can't stand...I honestly don't see how they can hate those songs.

Even songs like "Discotheque" or "Miami" or "Mofo" I could understand, because those are of acquired taste, I think (I personally love those songs, but...*shrugs*).

But "One", "With Or Without You", "Bad"...how can someone hate those songs, that's what I don't get.

Eh, well, it's your opinion, you're entitled to it.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

...how can someone hate those songs, that's what I don't get.

Just different opinions, that's all.
I love Discotheque and Mofo.........and it seems a lot of people don't like them.
Some people like the boomchas, some don't.
:shrug::hmm::hyper:

Tip Top Prince said:
None.

But hey, keep the constructive threads coming....:rolleyes:

Be quiet, chicken :censored:er!!!

Anyways, here's my 5.

Room at the heartbreak hotel
Stranger in a strange land
Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car
With or without you
New York

Big Girls are Best
Playboy Mansion
Grace
hearing tracks 8-11 consecutively on "October" is pretty rough

When I think of the large number of tracks U2 have done over the years, I am surprised that people can honestly say they cannot think of one song they dont like! Maybe you are all more dedicated fans than me.

I can even prove that. I dont like Streets. Never have, prolly never will. Hell, even non U2 fans like that song.

i can only pick one song that i absolutly hate!!

which is Miami, there are songs i dont like but miami is the only song that i can pick out that i HATE!

Well...

Van Dieman's (blahhhh)
ISHFWILF (Gospel Version) (overdone)
Daddy's Gonna Pay (really cut and pasted, annoying)
Discotheque (may not be standing the test of time)
Miami (admire the gusto, but still a busto)
Playboy Mansion (lazy and a bit offensive)

And anyone that says they dislike One is not a U2 fan...I will not budge on this one...go listen to System of a Down or the like...you are an organism without soul (and we know what the goal is right?)

Stranger In A Strange Land
Babyface
Red Light
Grace

there are others that I skip, but it's usually a matter of what I feel like listening to. These 4, I never listen to.

Babyface
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car- liked it live though
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Refugee
Playboy Mansion
If You Where That Velvet Dress
Elvis Presley And America
Love Rescue Me- without a doubt my least favorite
Wild Honey

GypsyHeartgirl said:
Everything on Pop EXCEPT SATS, Gone and WUDM

Babyface
Daddy's Gonna Pay

:mad: I've just put on POP to prove how wrong you are. ("Let's go, let go, let's go... DISCOTHEQUE"!)

And SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS is actually a really great song. It has an addictive bass riff and lyrics that you can really relate to!

Note: From this time forward I'm displaying my love for POP and ATYCLB on my signature for all to see!

All the songs of ATYCLB (except In a Little While)

But ESPECIALLY Wild goddamn Honey.

I would venture that Wild Honey is the worst song U2 have *ever* done.

Someone put Love Rescue Me as their last fave???
Okay, I'll bite my tongue....;)

I don't like Who's Gonna Ride blah, blah..(and it's sooo good to hear the band hates it too!! HAAAAAAA!)

And yes, Some Days are Better than Others is pretty unbearable too...

I forgot Red Light, hate that one
aand.. on boots, I always skip With or Without You, unless it's a JT/R and H boot.
I'm getting pretty sick of I Will Follow but not to the "can't stand it" point yet
...and I do like Babyface

Back
Top Bottom