What U2 NEEDS to do for their new album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shouldn't you have put the appropriate :wink: in there somewhere? Have you seen Adam Clayton lately? Like in the last 15 years? Or Edge and his baldness since the 1990's? Bono hasn't looked 28 since, well.. 1988. Floyd have been around a lot longer than U2. They better embrace their old age. Plenty of lead singers who dye their hair. Wasn't aware Bono had hair plugs. :huh:
I've had business meetings with men in their late fifties with wrinkly faces and heads full of luscious locks, and...yeah, sometimes it's difficult for me to maintain eye contact without breaking into a grin. Bono is starting to resemble those guys. Dave Gilmour is bald and out of shape, but he doesn't go to extravagant lengths to try and disguise it. In my experience, young people tend to respect that more.

I've had business meetings with men in their late fifties with wrinkly faces and heads full of luscious locks, and...yeah, sometimes it's difficult for me to maintain eye contact without breaking into a grin. Bono is starting to resemble those guys. Dave Gilmour is bald and out of shape, but he doesn't go to extravagant lengths to try and disguise it. In my experience, young people tend to respect that more.

I'm not making any statement one way or the other on Bono, but you do realize that not every person in their fifties has grey or bald or even thinning hair, right? You sound like you think every man over 50 should be bald or thinning or silver. :huh: Just not so. For plenty of men sure but not all by any means. It's completely natural for many to have a full head of hair in their natural color. Just sayin'. :shrug:

What?! Are you really this shallow in real life that you judge people by their hair? And you have to be bald once you hit a certain age?

52/53 isn't "old" age. We live in 2013, people of that age are actually considered to be in their best years today. Unless you're really ill, you can still be fit and active that age and not everyone who's over 53 is bold, fat or wrinkled. I have friends who are over 50 and age isn't a topic. It's about the genes as much as it is about your lifestyle. I don't think the band is old, they still all look good, but since they are in showbusiness, it's ok to have little things done like dying their hair. Everyone does it, it's not a big deal. I've started to become grey when I turned 30, I've been dying my hair for many years. It's not like U2 have had a big deal of plastic surgery, they can still move their faces. Well, maybe with the exception of Larry :wink:

What?! Are you really this shallow in real life that you judge people by their hair?

Yes, I'm really that "shallow", and the ones who spend thousands of dollars on hair transplant procedures aren't "shallow" at all, are they? The irony in your post is gold. I've honestly lost count of the number of times that I've politely requested you not to engage in personal insults/attacks, BVS. If my posts are getting up your nose, try using the ignore facility. Let's see if we can go a full six months without me having to ask you again, shall we?

Yes, I'm really that "shallow", and the ones who spend thousands of dollars on hair transplant procedures aren't "shallow" at all, are they?

Do you have your teeth fixed or do you like running around with your crooked teeth all over the place? Hair transplants aren't any more "shallow" than that. If you can afford it, you can do whatever needs to be done to give you more comfort and security in life.

And I didn't know that Bono having hair plugs is a fact. :hmm: Not that I'm interested in it. I have my hair straightened out once in a while because I don't like having locks, that's quite shallow of me as well but I can live with it.

I've had business meetings with men in their late fifties with wrinkly faces and heads full of luscious locks, and...yeah, sometimes it's difficult for me to maintain eye contact without breaking into a grin.

What does this even mean? My father has a full mop of hair at this point and shows no sign of losing any. My grandfather had full hair until the day he died. I think I might have one stray grey, and it doesn't look like I'll be bald either in 10 years (knock on wood lol)....you sure everyone you're looking across the table at is going to great lengths to unnaturally preserve their hair or are you just projecting your own nervousness and fear at already starting to show signs of your own impending baldness? :cute: :lol:

I think Lemonfly is convinced that once you get past 50, you cannot have any natural hair of your own anymore. So you're either bald, or have hair transplants. :lol:

What does this even mean? My father has a full mop of hair at this point and shows no sign of losing any. My grandfather had full hair until the day he died. I think I might have one stray grey, and it doesn't look like I'll be bald either in 10 years (knock on wood lol)....you sure everyone you're looking across the table at is going to great lengths to unnaturally preserve their hair or are you just projecting your own nervousness and fear at already starting to show signs of your own impending baldness? :cute: :lol:

You do realize that I've had meetings with these people over a prolonged time period, right? You do realize that I've noticed they were visibly receding, then a few months later their hairlines "mysteriously" recovered, right? But clearly I've touched on a very sore topic here. Rest assured that Bono's hair is 100% untampered with and has the sustenance of a Greek god. You can all sleep soundly tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do realize that I've had meetings with these people over a prolonged time period, right? You do realize that I've noticed they were visibly receding, then a few months later their hairlines "mysteriously" recovered, right? But clearly I've touched on a very sore topic here. Rest assured that Bono's hair is 100% untampered with and has the sustenance of a Greek god. You can all sleep soundly tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

Start a thread in PLEBA....or whatever they call it now.

I've had business meetings with men in their late fifties with wrinkly faces and heads full of luscious locks, and...yeah, sometimes it's difficult for me to maintain eye contact without breaking into a grin.

You do realize that I've had meetings with these people over a prolonged time period, right? You do realize that I've noticed they were visibly receding, then a few months later their hairlines "mysteriously" recovered, right?

No, certainly I didn't realize.

you do realize you actually have to say what you mean in order for people to understand you, right?

I mean, I've fished in ponds before, and there were ducks, with fuckin' shiny beaks! it's sometimes difficult for me to burp without breaking into song. :lol: ya, so :lol: lol: lulz :lol:

Start a thread in PLEBA....or whatever they call it now.

We were deciding on a new name, then someone mentioned BAGEL... so now we're discussing bagels.

:wink:

No, certainly I didn't realize.

you do realize you actually have to say what you mean in order for people to understand you, right?

I mean, I've fished in ponds before, and there were ducks, with fuckin' shiny beaks! it's sometimes difficult for me to burp without breaking into song. :lol: ya, so :lol: lol: lulz :lol:

:lol: No kidding!

To be serious about Bono's hair for a wee minute: I think it's not plugs. I think it's that thing where you spin out your own stem cells and reinject them into your scalp. I think he had plugs or whatever in Vertigo era, and what he's got going on now looks totally different. Also: men should not stress about hair changes, for realz. Bald can be hot. Gray can be hot. It's all about the presentation. I can imagine it's harder for Bono though since the hair has been so much of his visual brand since he was little. Probably it would have been better if he had just let it gray from the beginning, because now he's going to have to go all the way with it like Jagger and McCartney. You can't change horses in the middle of that stream.

What I think U2 needs to do for the new album? Edge needs a new god damned hat. I do have hopes for it though--he recently did in fact lose the all stars for a very hot pair of Italian leather shoes.

To be serious about Bono's hair for a wee minute: I think it's not plugs. I think it's that thing where you spin out your own stem cells and reinject them into your scalp. I think he had plugs or whatever in Vertigo era, and what he's got going on now looks totally different. Also: men should not stress about hair changes, for realz. Bald can be hot. Gray can be hot. It's all about the presentation. I can imagine it's harder for Bono though since the hair has been so much of his visual brand since he was little. Probably it would have been better if he had just let it gray from the beginning, because now he's going to have to go all the way with it like Jagger and McCartney. You can't change horses in the middle of that stream.

What I think U2 needs to do for the new album? Edge needs a new god damned hat. I do have hopes for it though--he recently did in fact lose the all stars for a very hot pair of Italian leather shoes.

Finally, a sensible, thoughtful (and civil) post. I respect your opinion :up:

If Bono had transplants, and that is an if, they are well done.

First, Bono could just be using a concealer. I have seen photos with his hair looking thinner, which is appropriate given his age and genes. If he decided to get some transplants, nothing wrong with that. They look good. He hardly has the hair of some 18 year old, so I don't know what you are rambling on about.

Plus, it's not like they are using Botox or getting facelifts, etc. I don't have a problem with people working out to get in shape, even at an older age (Larry is far more muscular now than he ever was in his youth), or getting a bit of cosmetic surgery. If it makes you feel better, good for you. And given they are in the public eye, this is fine. It's only when people go overboard, like Michael Jackson, when it becomes an issue.

When Pink Floyd played at Live 8, none of them had dyed hair or leather pants or any of that nonsense. They set up their stall as "This is us. We're old, we're here to play our music, take it or leave it".

By this point in his life, Bono kind of IS his leather pants, don't you think? Bono in dockers would be more fake than Bono in leathers.

52/53 isn't "old" age. We live in 2013, people of that age are actually considered to be in their best years today.
Yes. I know farmers over 55 in muck boots who still make women in their 20s swoon just by walking into the room. Can we please, please get over calling 50s old?

It's not like U2 have had a big deal of plastic surgery, they can still move their faces. Well, maybe with the exception of Larry :wink:
What is the deal with that? Is he botoxing or does he just have a bad case of the grumpies?

By this point in his life, Bono kind of IS his leather pants, don't you think? Bono in dockers would be more fake than Bono in leathers.

I don't want a Bono not wrapped in leather. It's like drinking champagne out of a juice glass. Leather is his proper container, I don't care if he's 100 years old.

Hysterical! !!! I actually laughed out loud..

Everyone needs to relax and enjoy every minute of this album because when the band decides to end the ride we're all going to be ..._ing.. miserable. Take it all in no matter how the album sounds. Try and find whats good about the songs...
We obviously love the boyz or we wouldn't be here every day talking and reading about them.....so chill out get psyched...
Save some $ for tickets to as many shows as you can go to. And support the Larry Mullen Band for all that they are..
Listen to Silver and Gold, The Fly and the best of version of Gone...that should get you going》》》Happy Holidays ;)

Yes, and the beard dye. Like, now. A new hat would be step in the right direction, at least. Maybe back to the cowboy ones?

They don't need to let go of anything. The beanie is as much a symbolic item within the band as Bono's glasses. It's a fashion statement.

Back
Top Bottom