What kind of asshole steals? Honestly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*browneyedgirl* said:
:lmao:
please don't steal my bike, oh nevermind , I don't have one but when I was a kid and I did have one and if you stole it I would be very upset and sad.

This is sort of an assy comment if you ask me.

I have three bikes. Two of them are worth around 2750USD combined (nothing compared to cydewaze and Mrs. Edge...but, you know). I would be pretty damn pissed if either of them were stolen.

Sorry to hear about the bike IMP. Was it insured?

I had my care broken into in the last two cities I have lived in. I got a new car that was a little more difficult to get into.

Owning a bike and living in Montreal, I basically factor bike theft into my yearly budget. Haven't bought a velo worth more than 60$ for a long time.

BikeUT recommends U-Locks, so that's what I got. Ran it through the front tire, the main body, and the rack. Tugged the bike and lock to make sure it was firmly in place.

I think I'll just try to find a shitty one on craigslist. Unfortunately mine wasn't insured and it was worth, if I had to guess, over 300 dollars.

I feel like some crooked fuckers just stripped my sea lab.

32thrm5.jpg

That Alamo coment was genius, I wish I'd come up with that. :love:

Sorry to hear about your bike though. :( I've never had anything of great value stolen from me...just some cassette tapes and software that my friend's boyfriend swiped from me...but, jeez, just that had me angry and bummed out enough. Can't imagine how upset I'd be over having something like a bike swiped.

That sucks :hug:

We were tea-leafed in March. Stole money, laptop and digital camera. I was just so angry that someone made me feel so afraid of being in that house. I could never sleep properly again because I thought someome was going to come back and I still hate being at home alone in the new gaff. Also couldn't believe the people upstairs watched it all, saw them wreck the door to get in, leave with everything and never bothered to inform us until the police interviewed them. :|

Lara Mullen said:
We were tea-leafed in March. Stole money, laptop and digital camera. I was just so angry that someone made me feel so afraid of being in that house. I could never sleep properly again because I thought someome was going to come back and I still hate being at home alone in the new gaff. Also couldn't believe the people upstairs watched it all, saw them wreck the door to get in, leave with everything and never bothered to inform us until the police interviewed them. :|
that is really fucking low. i mean, i GUESS i can see from their point of view that they don't want to risk intervening the robbery (but not really), i'd at least call the cops if i were to see something like this going on!

i don't get the apathy so many people have these days.

What amazes me is what people steal from my work. We had a brand new George Foreman grill in the staff kitchen - that lasted less than a week. A huge crockery set, hadn't even been taken out of the box yet - gone. Our conference room now is locked at all times because 2 computer monitors were stolen

This might not sound so odd, until you think that I work in a secure Intensive Care Unit - so it MUST be my fellow workmates stealing:mad: Actually, that makes me really sad.

Sorry about that IMP. I know how you feel. When I was 9-years-old I had my (locked) bike stolen. It was the worst feeling in the world! :(

No spoken words said:
Space Moon stole my heart, if that makes you or anyone else in here feel a bit better.

That's interesting, because I seem to have found my heart on Space Moon™. :love:

My truck was stolen tonight on 6th Street (which is teeming with cops on Thursdays).

lol

Two years ago some assholes stole all four wheels off of my car a week before Christmas. You can imagine my um, surprise when I walked outside and saw my car sitting on cement blocks and missing its wheels. Had to get a tow truck and everything to get it taken to the dealer for new wheels. Luckily my insurance covered most all of it.

People pretty much suck. Sorry about your bike, impy.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Sorry about your bike and car and entire CD collection within the car, impy.

I don't know what to do, guyz.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'd start taking names and cracking skulls if I were you.

Well, I filed a police report rather quickly, so hopefully APD gets its collective head out of its collective ass and finds it somewhere. I parked in front of a major business, took my CD player out, had no valuables in sight, double checked that I locked it, and parked on an extremely well lit tract of land on the most famous and bustling street in Austin.

I was upset about the bike, but now I think I could kill someone. If I found the guy who stole my truck last night, chances are pretty good I'd find a way to put him in the hospital (or cemetery).

What are the odds of this happening to my bike and my truck in the span of four days?

We had the same problem with bikes in college. A friend of mine lived just off of campus and had a nice bike. He decided that he would get the screw hooks and hang the bike upside down on his ceiling.

It worked. He patched up the holes just before moving out.

Just for fun, here's a nice list of every single album stolen along with the truck:

Ryan Adams – Heartbreaker
Ryan Adams – Gold
Ryan Adams - Demolition
Ryan Adams – Rock & Roll
Ryan Adams – Love is Hell
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals – Cold Roses
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals – Jacksonville City Nights
Ryan Adams – 29
Ryan Adams – Easy Tiger
Arcade Fire – Funeral
Arcade Fire – Neon Bible
The Beatles – Abbey Road
The Beatles – Love
Beck – Odelay
Beck – Sea Change
Beck – Guero
Andrew Bird – Armchair Apocrypha
Bjork – Debut
Bjork – Post
Bjork – Medulla
Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde
Bob Dylan – Blood on the Tracks
Bob Dylan – Time Out of Mind
Bob Dylan – Love & Theft
Bright Eyes – Fevers & Mirrors
Bright Eyes – Lifted
Bright Eyes – I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning
Bright Eyes – Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
Bright Eyes – Cassadaga
Broken Social Scene – You Forgot it in People
Broken Social Scene – Broken Social Scene
Broken Social Scene presents Kevin Drew – Spirit If…
Coldplay – Parachutes
Coldplay – Trouble Norwegian Live EP
Coldplay – A Rush of Blood to the Head
Coldplay – X&Y
Creedence Clearwater Revival – Chronicle Vol. 1
Damien Rice – O
Damien Rice – 9
Death Cab For Cutie – We Have the Facts and We’re Voting Yes
Death Cab For Cutie – The Photo Album
Death Cab For Cutie – Transatlanticism
Death Cab For Cutie – Plans
The Decemberists – The Crane Wife
Feist – Let it Die
Feist – Open Season
Feist – The Reminder
The Flaming Lips – Transmissions from the Satellite Heart
The Flaming Lips – Clouds Taste Metallic
The Flaming Lips – The Soft Bulletin
The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
The Flaming Lips – At War With The Mystics
Gnarls Barkley – St. Elsewhere
Interpol – Antics
Interpol – Our Love to Admire
Iron & Wine – Our Endless Numbered Days
Iron & Wine – In The Reins EP
Iron & Wine – The Shepherd’s Dog
John Mayer – Room For Squares
John Mayer – Heavier Things
John Mayer – Continuum
John Mayer Trio – Try!
The Killers – Hot Fuss
The Killers – Sam’s Town
LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver
Led Zeppelin – How The West Was Won
Modest Mouse – The Moon and Antarctica
Modest Mouse – Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Modest Mouse – We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
Muse – Absolution
Muse – Black Holes & Revelations
My Morning Jacket – It Still Moves
My Morning Jacket – Z
My Morning Jacket – Okonokos
The National – Alligator
The National – Boxer
Okkervil River – Black Sheep Boy
Okkervil River – The Stage Names
Okkervil River – Solo Demos for The Stage Names
Pete Yorn – musicforthemorningafter
Pete Yorn – Day I Forgot
Pete Yorn – Live from New Jersey
Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon
The Postal Service – Give Up
The Raconteurs – Broken Boy Soldiers
Radiohead – Pablo Honey
Radiohead – The Bends
Radiohead – OK Computer
Radiohead – Kid A
Radiohead – Amnesiac
Radiohead – Hail to the Thief
Ray LaMontagne – Trouble
Ray LaMontagne – Till The Sun Turns Black
Regina Spektor – Begin to Hope
The Rolling Stones – Forty Licks
Secret Machines – Now Here Is Nowhere
Secret Machines – Ten Silver Drops
The Shins – Wincing the Night Away
Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun
Sigur Rós – ( )
Sigur Rós – Takk
Sigur Rós – Hvarf/Heim
Snow Patrol – Final Straw
Snow Patrol – Eyes Open
Spoon – Gimme Fiction
Spoon – Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Thom Yorke – The Eraser
TV On The Radio – Return to Cookie Mountain
U2 – Boy
U2 – October
U2 – War
U2 – Under a Blood Red Sky
U2 – The Unforgettable Fire
U2 – The Joshua Tree
U2 – Rattle & Hum
U2 – Achtung Baby
U2 – Zooropa
U2 – Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1
U2 – Pop
U2 – All That You Can’t Leave Behind
U2 – How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
The White Stripes – De Stijl
The White Stripes – White Blood Cells
The White Stripes – Elephant
The White Stripes – Get Behind Me Satan
The White Stripes – Icky Thump
Wilco – AM
Wilco – Being There
Wilco –Summerteeth
Wilco – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Wilco – A Ghost Is Born
Wilco – Kicking Television: Live in Chicago
Wilco – Sky Blue Sky
Wolfmother - Wolfmother

And don't call me an idiot for keeping that many albums with me. It's worked for the 4+ years that I've been driving and the 38+ years the my father has.

corianderstem said:

I've never heard that phrase; what does it mean?

VintagePunk said:

Me either. Does it sounds like some sort of a sexual euphemism, or is it just me? :reject:

Sorry for your loss, IMP.

corianderstem said:
That's what I thought, too! I just didn't want to admit it. :wink:

You two perverts are thinking about tea bagging. :tsk: And if that were to happen to me in the middle of the night by some stranger (or even worse, a non-stranger) I'd be fucked up for a while too.

Sorry to all of you that are getting robbed. That sucks. My car got broken into a few years ago and they stole my CDs and my friend's camera and stuff. Sucked. I like to think it was Robin Hood and he's giving all my stuff to the poor and needy. That'd be nice, right?

Back
Top Bottom