What do you think of the subforums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So it's been.. I don't know, a few months? since the subforums went up. I remember a lot of us were against them, but now that we've had them for awhile, I'm just curious as to what you think now.
I also remember someone, I think it was Elvis, assuring us we'd like them.

my opinion:
I think the subforums are a good idea theoretically but I also think they're the reason pleba has been fairly boring lately. I feel sorry for the fanfic one.. cos I know a lot of people never look in there... even though there's some great stories (insert shameless mooby plug here).
I have a question though.
The Band Meetings/Sightings... that's for the entire board, yes? So... (insert totally made up never gonna happen hypotheticalness here) if deathbear (who is being used because he is a big time pleba hater) met the band and made a thread about it in EYKIW, would it get moved to PLEBA?
Or is it just here for us so we can go "HE LOOKS SO SEXY!" in a place where the rest of the forum doesn't have to look at it?

just wondering.

Last edited:
Kristie said:

I have a question though.
The Band Meetings/Sightings... that's for the entire board, yes?

Well...it CAN be...but if a person who doesn't frequent PLEBA were to post one in EYKIW, I myself would not move it.

Originally, we had a subforum for PLEBAn Gatherings...that got changed to a U2 Gatherings and was moved out of PLEBA to stand as its own forum (not a subforum of another forum). If we begin to get more band meetings and sightings threads in Interference, perhaps a similar change may be made (this is just MY speculation though...it is up to the admins to actually make such a change!).

Oh...and I do like the subforums...it keeps everything organized!!

I'm not too big on the subforums still. Yeah, it is more organized but I liked it better before.

But I guess when you have 11,000 plus members there has to be some type of order!

:|

I like the new subforums. That way I will have some sort of an idea of what the thread is about before i open it. I also think it helps to keep threads active longer because they don't get pushed to the second page so quickly, although I do agree with Kristie about pleba getting a little duller after the change. It could just be a coincidence though, this isn't the only board that has seemed slow to me lately.

I like the subforums....however I do agree on the band meeting one. Even before the forum was split I wasn't really reading a lot of the threads like I used (i.e. the picture threads). so unfortunately most times I just skip over PLEBA main unless there is something that captures my eye.

Ok not trying to spawn dessention amoung the ranks...but I love the subforums...HOWEVER...I think we could do with just PLEBA and PLEBAn's...the three smaller subforums don't really get enough action to stand alone, but PLEBA does and all non-related stuff could go in PLEBAn's...then the fanfic and gatherings would get more attention.

Just my opinion...

:)

I need to clarify that I think the sub-forums rock...I just think we could bring it down to two sections...thanks for all the hard work Sicy and Elvis...it is a great addition to PLEBA!

I think the subforums slow down the thread flow in PLEBA. I like to see new threads everytime I come in, which is several times a day.

Just my $.02

madonna's child said:
I think the subforums slow down the thread flow in PLEBA. I like to see new threads everytime I come in, which is several times a day.

Just my $.02

I see your point...BUT, on the other hand, if you DON'T come in several times a day, you're screwed and it's like, "where are the threads that I was replying to before???"

:hmm: Maybe if we just has PLEBA and one subforum...I would love to read about people who have met the band, but I never go into that forum on its own, you know?

Ladies~

I just wanted to mention that if you have a suggestion for any changes in PLEBA, I would highly suggest starting a thread in "Don't Expect, Suggest" to voice your thoughts and ideas.

daisybean said:
I like the subforums....however I do agree on the band meeting one. Even before the forum was split I wasn't really reading a lot of the threads like I used (i.e. the picture threads). so unfortunately most times I just skip over PLEBA main unless there is something that captures my eye.

I like the subforums, but I am the opposite of Daisy- I come for the Picture threads and the news and only check the personal stuff occasionally. I rarely post here, but yesterday I was trying to break 3000 posts so I went ahead and started talking;)

I always thought it would be a great idea to split up the threads into categories and get the personal stuff, non-U2 related stuff and chatroom-esque stuff off the main page, because the number of threads pushed everything off the page so fast and when people only drop by every few days or once a week you miss so much. But, this stuff is needed and should be here too, so it's great to have a special plae for it! A place for everything and everything in its place! Yes the PLEBA main page is a lot slower now, but I like it that way, it's how it was originally before things started gettting blown away by too many threads. I think everything is slower now because the band news is slower, fewer new pics, no tour to talk about, and fewer people are taking the time to come here since their U2 obsessions might have eased up since the tour is over and they've moved on to other interests. It will speed back up when the best of is released, and the new album and tour too. That's just the way it is and it's not the forum's fault.

Fishy's idea of mixing fan fic and PLEBAns is good too. It's a shame those other two forums don't get seen much, but the same people who don't go to fan fic might skip those threads no matter where they were, sigh:( It used to be almost all new pics of the band, if fan pics, were moved to the meetings forum and no one even saw them. Put them on the main page, yoiu get 40 responses in a day. I'm glad Sherry's Angel announcements are allowed to stay now where more people can see them.

I don't really like them much :no: I check in here every few days, but I've never been in the Fan Fiction one and I only check the meeting the band one if I know someone will have a new story in there. I know its purpose is organization, but it's like it's so organized that it's not anymore cus now there's these new places to check instead of just being in one spot. I liked it all together the way it was before.

wertsie said:

I see your point...BUT, on the other hand, if you DON'T come in several times a day, you're screwed and it's like, "where are the threads that I was replying to before???"

:hmm: Maybe if we just has PLEBA and one subforum...I would love to read about people who have met the band, but I never go into that forum on its own, you know?

What? You mean... people aren't willing to just comply to my every wish, need and demand? ;) :D

I completly understand your point. I agree with the mutual.... uh... agreement... that PLEBA main and one sub forum would be better.

Im okay with the way that pleba is set up but i do think that Band sightings and meetings should be it own forum bc not everyone from pleba has met the guys and im sure alot of pple that dont go into pleba have met them and would like to tell their stories!!

well, i read each post in this thread to see what everyone else has been saying.

I used to come and visit several times a day. When I did, I liked having lots of new threads.

Now, my usage has slowed for various reasons. Many threads a day is hard to keep track of.

I used to wish the threads were more organized by topic.

Now there are different forums dedicated to topics.

I rarely look past the first page anymore, because I figure people hate it when I drag old threads up from the past, like "keep up with the threads, eliza!"

I don't know what my assessment is. Part of me wishes PLEBA had stayed one big thread. But the other part of me will come visiting as often as I can (which is not a lot) no matter what.

I also think I need to visit other forums more.

I don't think this post was a useful contribution at all.

Back
Top Bottom