what do you think are Bono's sexiest vocals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
I was gonna post this in Pleba but i figure there must be one or two guys who have an opinion too.

and i'm referring to vocals here.
not lyrics, just the sound of his voice...

the reason i bought this up is because i'm listening to Bono's cover of "That's Life" from "The Good Thief" sountrack and I think I'm going to melt into a puddle in a minute... :drool:

so come on guys and girls, what song do you think has the b-mans sexiest vocals?

oh, recorded songs please - no live versions and no postings or opinions of sexy phone calls (that means you PLEBA :wink:)

Can't nail it down to just one... :wink:

Love Is Blindness (especially the da da da da at the end! :drool: )

Your Blue Room

If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Pop Muzik (and I'm sure everyone knows which part I'm referring to...it can't really be considered vocals though...more like a combination between a grunt and a moan)

There's probably more, just couldn't be bothered to think at the moment.

The obvious ones would probably be "Your Blue Room" and "If You Wear That Velvet Dress." :wink:

In A Little While, Until the End of the World, Dirty Day, Night and Day... maybe even parts of HMTMKMKM?

Re: Re: what do you think are Bono's sexiest vocals?

Nerfherder said:

...? Sexy phone calls? How does anyone have a copy of stuff like that? :eyebrow:

it was for "into the heart" i think
bono left a message on the organisers voicemail which was played and recorded for the event (so quite a public broadcast).
he had quite clearly only just woken up, was all groggy and gruff and gravely and uttered the now immortal words "there was something i was meant to do today... and i think it was you"
PLEBANS the world over collapsed and fainted

Never Let Me Go--just smoldering, sexy, sultry. Oh and "Yeah" at the beginning of desire---sexiest thing I've ever heard from a man's mouth.

Back on the old Wire there was a thread that was something like "what do you think Bono sounds like having sex?"

As I recall, that laugh in the middle of Wire won, hands-down.

Re: Re: Re: what do you think are Bono's sexiest vocals?

digsy said:

it was for "into the heart" i think
bono left a message on the organisers voicemail which was played and recorded for the event (so quite a public broadcast).
he had quite clearly only just woken up, was all groggy and gruff and gravely and uttered the now immortal words "there was something i was meant to do today... and i think it was you"
PLEBANS the world over collapsed and fainted

Oh, that's right! *smacks forehead* Didn't he talk in MacPhisto's voice on that call as well? I forgot about that. LOL.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress :drool: :drool:
Night and Day :drool:
Your Blue Room
Even Better Than The Real Thing
The last half of Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
In a Little While

digsy said:
I was gonna post this in Pleba but i figure there must be one or two guys who have an opinion too.

and i'm referring to vocals here.
not lyrics, just the sound of his voice...

the reason i bought this up is because i'm listening to Bono's cover of "That's Life" from "The Good Thief" sountrack and I think I'm going to melt into a puddle in a minute... :drool:

so come on guys and girls, what song do you think has the b-mans sexiest vocals?

oh, recorded songs please - no live versions and no postings or opinions of sexy phone calls (that means you PLEBA :wink:)

hmm ...."that's life" by Bono?

Interesting.

:shifty: *cough cough* cfernandez7@gmail.com *cough cough* :wink:

In a little while is sooooo utterly sexy, it's beyond description!

Esp. the middle part ' You turn me on.....turn me on....ooo mmm yeah' :ohmy: :drool:

Desire is so hot too.....and Pop Muzik: WOW!

Oh and of course end of the world is laden with innuendo/double entendre!!! It only adds to the thrill when Bono writhes around on the floor towards the um, climax!!!!! cue PLEBA style :giggle: :giggle:

Lemon
especially the "she's gonna make you cry.... she's gonna make you whisper and moan...." part

The Fly in which he sounds sexy from beginning to end. :drool:

Last edited:
I have to agree with everyone who said Until the End of the World. His voice is so low and sexy in that song. :love:

U2Acrobat8 said:
Until the End of the World

Love is Blindness

If You Wear that Velvet Dress

Hmmm....may have to go watch some U2 now

Hmmm...indeed. What's my wife doing at home alone while I am at work??

Re: Re: what do you think are Bono's sexiest vocals?

BrownEyedBoy said:

hmm ...."that's life" by Bono?

Interesting.

:shifty: *cough cough* cfernandez7@gmail.com *cough cough* :wink:

you're not asking me to share files are you? i would never participate in such illegal activity so blatantly!

wouldnt it be amazing though if you CHECK YOUR MAIL and find a message there... obviously nothing to do with me *cough cough* :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom