what chicago hotel will they stay at any...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcmiller

The Fly
what chicago hotel will they stay at any guesses? educated (based on prior stops) or otherwise... the peninsula? money is no object and i'm lookin to book a room in sept... i might wait until after the may shows... my brother got to stand there with edge (and fam) and lmj having wine (free happy hour wine mind you) in the reception area of a boutique hotel i suggested to him in san fran a couple of years ago... and i'm hoping for a similiar brush with greatness... please note... i am not a stalker...:eyebrow:

During the Elevation tour, some u2 site ran a roadies diary for the entire tour. I'm pretty sure they stayed at the Ritz Carlton. I believe they stayed there for a couple of weeks and not only during the Chicago shows. They based themselves in chicago and jetted to shows in Minneapolis, Indianapolis etc, returning to Chicago right after the shows.

I know they ate at the Park Hyatt with the smashing Pumpkins but I'm certain they stayed at the four seasons or ritz carlton on elevation tour. You can find out if you are a member of u2.com. Go to section on other tours, then go to willie's diary. He was the show designer and he journaled the entire tour. Find the entries on chicago, I believe the first leg. There was a specific entry about Bono's birthday at the hotel after flying back from Indy show. Something about a pink elephant in the Hallway. They mentioned the hotel. Ritz or Seasons I'm certain.

They definitely stayed at the Park Hyatt for the elevation tour. I was in the crowd (right in front and touched Adam on the shoulder) when they left the hotel to go to the May 16 2000 show.

Jeez you guys, don't follow them around to hotels. That's incredibly lame. Leave them alone fer chrissakes, and go out and party in Chitown!! I recommend Fadó, which is the closest thing Chicago has to an Irish pub (www.fadoirishpub.com). One of my other favorites is Schuba's (ww.schubas.com), which i think is in or near Wrigleyville and has a much more local crowd...and IMO the best live acts of any pub/small club venue in the city. Check their website before you go to see who's playing that week...There is also a restaurant next door, owned by the same guy (and he's a good guy too).

PaleBlueDot said:
Jeez you guys, don't follow them around to hotels. That's incredibly lame. Leave them alone fer chrissakes, and go out and party in Chitown!! I recommend Fadó, which is the closest thing Chicago has to an Irish pub (www.fadoirishpub.com). One of my other favorites is Schuba's (ww.schubas.com), which i think is in or near Wrigleyville and has a much more local crowd...and IMO the best live acts of any pub/small club venue in the city. Check their website before you go to see who's playing that week...There is also a restaurant next door, owned by the same guy (and he's a good guy too).

Generally I agree with you. On Popmart though in Chicago Bono pulled up at Soldier Field as I was talking to some of the crew and some fans were standing around also. They ran up and he said I have to go in but come to the hotel tonight. So I took up the invitation and the band treated the fans outside the hotel to pizza and Bono and Edge came out and talked, took pictures and signed autographs for 30 to 40 minutes. I think the event made USA Today or some other magazine. One of the coolest U2 experiences I have had. Normally I wouldnt hang out a the hotel but Bono invited us that time. :shrug:

Oh, on Popmart they stayed at the Ritz, see the story above. I dont think they are staying there this time out though. I agree though, unless your invited, leave them alone at the hotel.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Generally I agree with you, unless your invited, leave them alone at the hotel.

That is good common sense, indeed.... But who knows........
maybe fans can get a chance to spot Bono at Bloomingdale's ......
he has gone there on shopping sprees in the past years during
their tours.... let's hope he continues that routine !!! :drool:

PaleBlueDot said:

i need a hotel for the trip and it might as well be one that they might be at... So get bent!... fadó, while nice (and my favorite hometown watering holes is one as well but it is all we have) is just another "irish pub company" mass-manufactured canned pub and really just a very pretty facsimile of an actual irish pub... here's a nice http://www.kiplog.com/irishmap/ list of some real (some not so) chicago pub's where you'll likely find some genuine paddys

Bono told me, so this is not hersay, he actually told me, that he prefers not being bothered "inside the hotels" but does not mind outside, and just about everywhere they stay btw he does go out and shoot the breeze with the fans. I never bothered him inside a hotel, but outside I can't ever remember him not stopping at some point. He's a wonderful person, as if we don't all know.

Go to Legends and see some blues! Or see NIN on Friday nite before the show. Don't stalk the boys. That would creep me out.

i have no intention of waiting in the lobby or roaming around trying to find them... we just thought it would be fun to say hey the might be here... i would not even talk to them if i saw 'em... walked past dave grohl in a hotel in sf- just said "how is it going" he said "great thanks"... walked past john kerry in hotel in orlando... just said "evening mr. kerry" he said "good evening"... when my brother stood 2 feet from lmj and the edge, he calmly drank his wine called me on my cell phone and never said anything to them- he was next to them for about half an hour... so like i said, not a stalker- just a privleged enough fan to have the means to be able to potentially stay where the band stays

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom