What are your favorite U2 videos and which ones you can't stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AussieU2fanman said:
why the hell does everyone hate elevation so much? It's one of my favourite clips! Very rock and roll....

I love Elevation! The special effects are awesome. Edge was great in this. I bought Tomb Raider (which bores me) just to get this video.

I should add Beautiful Day to the list.

There's a long list.

Even Better Than the Real Thing was outrageous.
Yeah, Beautiful Day was beyond great. I played it about 25 times in a row one night and my cat, who was laying near the TV, finally hissed at me! No shit. I couldn't get enough of it. He'd had enough though.

Best - Unforgettable Fire - love the song and I think the video fits the mood perfectly! Also love Please and Spanish Eyes although this is a montage of various footage of the band pranking around - get to see the band being themselvers rather than performing.

Worst - most of the ATYCLB videos....

My favorites:

EBTTRT
Numb
HMTMKMKM
WOWY
One (Bono in bar version)

And the ones I don't like (too cheesy):
Stuck (Football Version)
Elevation

I love

1. Even Better Than the Real Thing
2. Where the Streets Have No Name
3. Stuck (football version)
4. Elevation
5. Walk On (version with Bono's pink shirt)
6. God Part II (remix)
7. Discotque
8. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
9. Spanish Eyes
10. Numb

I Dislike

1. Last Night On Earth
2. Please
3. If God Will Send His Angels

Sometimes Sweetest Thing can annoy me because Bono never sings through the video.

Love:
~ Stay (best music video EVER)
~ Sweetest Thing (I love you B!)
~ Numb (how can you not love Numb? I mean, really)
~ The Fly :)drool: )
~ One (the bar one... :drool: )
~ TGBHF (dunno why... just do :shrug: )

Could Do Without:
~ Mysterious Ways :)huh: )
~ HMTMKMKM (I like the animated stuff, but as a whole I don't particularly care for it...)

I think "New Year's Day" is the best video. I can't find words to describe why I think so. It just reaches me in some deep level.

Some of those Achtung Baby era techno-remix videos make me sick.

Favorites:

WOWY :heart:
ISHFWILF - when I was 14, my best friend and I did a MST3k-type thing whenever this came on. :laugh:
One - drag version
EBTTRT
Sweetest Thing
Numb
Electrical Storm (wet Larry :drool: )
Stay :bow:

Least Favorite:
SATS - The Morleigh version
A Celebration (funny as hell, but just because it's so awful)
Angel of Harlem

I think my ultimate favourite video is The Fly. I love all the mischief that Bono got up to, like when he's directing traffic at the pedestrian crossing, and a guy walks by, and does a double take when he realises its Bono. There is a really good story on the videoshoot in the issue of Propaganda that followed that goes into some of the antics that Bono got up into the videoshoot that didn't make it in the final cut. Heck, think I'm gonna have to dig it out now :uhoh:

Other faves would be:

* I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (if only for Edge rolling his eyes at Bono) :rolleyes:
* Pride (In The Name Of Love)
* Where The Streets Have No Name
* One (all versions but especially Anton's Berlin version)
* Night And Day (very simple but atmospheric)
* Numb (legendary!)
* With Or Without You

Not overly keen on...

* Stuck In A Moment (the US version which I just find quite bizarre to be honest)
* Desire (not the biggest fan of the 'scratch' video - I think thats the term for this kind of video)

I love:

Where the Streets Have No Name, All I Want Is You, Pride, Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways, The Fly, New Year's Day, Gloria, and Lemon.

I HATE:

Stuck In A Moment, Walk On, Desire

Back
Top Bottom