were the last 11 albums too contrived?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suggest this thread mix up its subforum variety a bit more. They keep playing "EYKIW" every day! What about the other forums? Why should this always open the main set?

Maybe throw in some experimental colours...

thelaj said:
I suggest this thread mix up its subforum variety a bit more. They keep playing "EYKIW" every day! What about the other forums? Why should this always open the main set?

Maybe throw in some experimental colours...

What I don't get is why Free Your Mind stays in the same spot. It's not very free! Maybe team it up with Peeling Off Those Dollar Bills just to keep things interesting.

Speaking of Peeling Off Those Dollar Bills, why do U2 keep charting? I mean, they've done it once, they don't need to do it again! Learn new ways to rank yourselves, U2! You're becoming such a redundant band. :tsk:

11 albums and they still have the same line-up. thats lame!

what about that guy who plays drums, when, i ask is he going to change that hairstyle of his. soooo 50's. do something outrageous like shave it off or something.

Bono's been 4'7" since the day they started. When is that guy going to grow, for pete's sake? Get a new height, man. Short is so passe.

:tsk:

They try to keep this stuff out of the press...but did you know they have used the chords B, A, and D on every album! And sometimes they use the same chord more than once in a song! That just spells B.A.D.

Learn a new trick U2!

I knew they'd blown it all the day I heard their demo. Until that moment they could have achieved anything but it's been all constant tripe not even mediocre apart from a barely above average cover they did.
Sing it with me people:
I met my love by the gas works wall
Dreamed a dream by the old canal........

They sing the wrong lyrics in their cover of Bad. They had originality back in 1984. :up:

i stop listening to u2, i saw thier stuff at a music store. they sold out to the man. tired of them using guitars, wheres the banjos? and the triangle? and the tuba? and bono could play the kazoo instead of this "singing" stuff. didn't he do that before?

Did you know, there were no actual instructions on how to dismantle an atomic bomb on that disc?

False Advertising!

Word: contrived
Function: adjective
Meaning: ARTIFICIAL, LABORED

:hmm:

The answer is no. The last 11 albums don't sound artificial. Only HTDAAB does... albeit in parts.

what? :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Word: contrived
Function: adjective
Meaning: ARTIFICIAL, LABORED

:hmm:

The answer is no. The last 11 albums don't sound artificial. Only HTDAAB does... albeit in parts.

Wow dude...rewind a second...I think you are confusing this with a forum with rational debate? You need the REM board for that...This is the place for bashing and expressing personal opinion as fact!

WOOHOO!

sometimes being overrated is underrated. this thread was so we could kill two stones with one bird.

Reason why U2 sucks #1526327: they release singles. Haven't they released enough? Why not doubles? Or triples? Do they have something against twins and triplets?

U2 are evil men who hate your children if you have more than one at a time.

Achtung_Bebe said:
speaking of doubles and triples, U2, WTF was up with the mammoth golden arch?! Have you sold your soul to McDonalds? :happy:

They've also been sponsored by zoological societies and a US national park. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom