We Win, We Lose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep, i've noticed that. how could a typo that giant miss their attention? craziness!

I was thinking about it, and they must have noticed it. Probably they just meant it. Im not a native speaker of English, maybe its a word play or a kind of hidden meaning or something :huh:

its like that in the how to dismantle.... book that came with the deluxe edition as well.

its either a typo or done intentionally and if its a typo theyre sticking with it.

StlElevation said:
its like that in the how to dismantle.... book that came with the deluxe edition as well.

its either a typo or done intentionally and if its a typo theyre sticking with it.

It's also on a t-shirt, I think. I just don't get how it's slipped through, and if it is deliberate, I'd love to hear some kind of explanation! The spelling Nazi in me is cringing.

The spelling Nazi in me is cringing.

You and me both, Axver. You and me both.

Loose vs. Lose!
Your vs. You're!
There vs. Their!

Bad spelling makes the baby Jesus cry!*

*Speller gets a pass if English is not their first language.

And 'its' and "it's".

IT ONLY HAS THE APOSTROPHE IF IT'S A CONTRACTION OF 'IT IS', PEOPLE!

Oh, and ...
Bad American Spelling versus Proper And Good Commonwealth Spelling :wink:

corianderstem said:
*Speller gets a pass if English is not their first language.

Someone please send that pass my way.
I'm taking it!

Slamming J said:
Maybe the joke lies in the "It's perfect" since it's, well, not?

That's what I was thinking.

And does anybody now during which song this is shown?
That might help to explain things too.

It's obviously a joke off of the perfect thing

We Win
We Loose
It's Perfe
ct

see, it's not perfect

it's kind of like the slogan "pobody's nerfect"

this thread has made me read the little book that came with the deluxe edition for the first time. some interesting stuff in there. 1 in 28 items are priced incorrectly. But it's random: over time it evens out - we win, we loose, its perfect.

it's interesting how they have mercy listed in the track listing on the page next to this little story. i really wish they hadn't taken it out.

fandangamoq said:

It is a giant typo indeed....almost twenty feet by my guess...

yeah, i meant it that way--literally, giant!! makes it that much more absurd :huh:

Back
Top Bottom