Want 86 GA tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The part of the arguement that I just don't agree with,k-rider, is when you say that your no different than a retail store marking up a sweater. The difference is if I went into the Limited and a sweater was marked $50 bucks that would the regualar retail price. But then bought the last 5 they had then went out into the mall and sold them for $300. That's what you are doing.

I guess it just pissed me off that the people that can only afford the "retail price" of the tickets may not get them now because too many people like you are reselling them for unbelievable profit. I can barely afford to see them at their regular price. Selling a $40 for upwards of $300 is sickening. Don't expect anyone here to see your side of things because it's not gonna happen. The fact that reselling tickets for such high prices is now a business for so many people is unbelievable. Well, I'm happy your family is doing so well. Hope you can continue to feel so good about yourself knowing how many people you and others like you screw out of seeing U2. For every ticket you sell to others and profit from, others are being screwed. Well, ain't that the fricking American way.

Last edited:
You know what this is indeed a sad day not just cos deserving people couldnt get the tickets hey so desired for four years now but its a sad day cos i see human being like you who think that what your doing is perfectly fine.

What makes it worse about all this is that you come into this board and you try to justefy your actions by giving us the story about how you have to feed your kids and pay the mortgage and send your kids to your education. Its really quite sad especialy since you use your kids as the prime excuse to why you do this. Unfortunatly you may not realize but your actions are probably causing your kids more harm then good.

let me explain: and i will explain how your hurting everyone but yourself:

Kids usualy look at their fathers as role models at least i did when i was a kid. I was and still am extreamly proud at what both my father and mother have done to give us the best that we could get. They worked hard all their lives and put us first before they put themselves! They would honestly die for us four kids. What did i learn? i learned to be a hard worker an achiever and I learned that you should do things as to help others and yourself in a legit way. I can safetly agree that my two brothers and my sister have become very succesfull in their fields which happen to be legit. All of them are engeneers and damm good ones at that! and you wanna know why? cos my parents worked hard and tought us wright from wrong and we NEVER stole or got in trouble with the law.

Now going back to you:

take a look at your children and put yourself on their shoes... what do you think they will learn? do you think they will learn to be loyal people who don't hurt anyone? well body all i can say to that is that they will follow in your footsteps and do things that in most peoples eyes are considered wrong. But you wanna know the real sad part is? its not their fault, its your fault. You will condem them to a life of wrong doing cos they will not know any better! So in that case your not providing for your children you are hurting them. You are misleading them in a time when they need a good role model!

Frankly,

500 dollars multipliad by 43 is sure very good money and I KNOW as a fact that your not doing it for your children your doing this for yourself. Your doing this cos its easy money. Its not hard earbned money its dirty money. You know i don't have much money ( i am a student paying my own rent and going to school full time and working more then 20 hours a week) but the money that i do get oh man i am so proud of cos i honestly work hard at it! and the best part i don't hurt noone i am providing MY services to the company i work and they are satisfied. But i never went and screwed anyone nor will i ever to offer my services.

Okey so who are you hurting?

well we already know your hurting your children big time!

Your hurting the poor fans who have been waiting for four years to see a show and some didn't even get to see the elevation and some this could have been their first time seeing U2. It could be a life long dream to see them for some but unfortunatly your crushing their dreams and your making it very hard for those people who are dying to see U2. You think everyone has 500 dollars to spare just like that? I love U2 but i can't afford 500 dollars. So there you go your so called services are really useless for me and a very good percentage of other fans.

Your hurting the people you say you offer services to. How can you honestly say your offering a good service to these people when your charging them like 400%???? yes you got a point bussinesses do charge for their services but you must agree that bussinesses usualy don't charge 400% on their service. I work in a retail right now to help pay for my college and i know what the markup values are for most of the items in my department and let me tell you at most maybe we charge 50% higher then cost at the very most! SO i seriusly don't know where you can justefy a 400% or more because your providing a service. You want to be a real bussiness man and not a crook? then if your tickets are 50 dollars a pop then fine charge 20 dollars and sell them for 70 dollars! don't go selling them for 500 dollars. Trust me your time is not that valuable because your providing a dishonourable service.

okey so what am i getting at? you say this is all legit but look atthe people your hurting! Look at me your hurting me!

I am a student that pays rent lives from paycheck to paycheck heck most of the time i have craft dinner cos i can't afford anything else! and now i go and dish out 40 buck cos i love u2 so much ide be willing to spend that much needed money. Then people like you come and buy all the tickets and finaly when i try to make use of my much needed 40 bucks i realize that i can't buy tickets cos you came before me and bought all of them. How does that make me feel? now i spent 40 dollars of money i could have used to buy some nice meals (infact thats 2 weeks of groceries for me!) and now i get nothing. And you? you buy all the tickets one of which could have been mine and you make a crap load of money that you don't even know what to do with it. Meanwhile my 40 dollars is gone and no u2 ticket for me. How do you call that a legit business? and i am just one case! i am sure there are thousands of people in my shoes that got screwed like that cos of people like you!

Shame on you! You come in here trying to be the hero that has all the answers to the u2 problems by offering your services but you fail to look at the poor fans who cant buy tickets now, at the poor people who you milk 500 dollars out of and at your children. Your truly a disgrace a big shame

Yes your all happy cos you got your money but you left us with nothing! and worst of all you can sleep at night just fine. you said it yourself.

You know what i am too upset i am ending it here your not worth my time! Hope you get jail time for riping us off and all the other people.

And you call yourself a nice and decent man!

Please do me a favor get over yourself!

thats all i have to say!

Brian S said:
A choice quote. :)

Thank you dabiggestu2fan. That was a VERY well thought out post, and I appreciate your comments.

I appreciate your comments about my kids... I really wasn't trying to use them to justify why I am doing what I do, I was just trying to illustrate to people that I am not some uncaring, ruthless animal... I actually am just like most of you.. You've given me some things to think about.

However, it boils down to the fact that what I am doing is perfectly legal, and to be honest with you, the more people that sell on Ebay (while grotesque to most of you), the more competition is created. The more competition that there is, the LOWER prices get.

Brokers could charge whatever they wanted before Ebay, and since then, they are forced to compete with EVERYBODY... from fans or Season Ticket Holders trying to ditch extras, to people who sell tickets as a second form of income, to full-timers like myself. While a higher percentage of tickets MAY wind up on the secondary market, those prices are ultimately driven lower becuase of the increased competition.

Either way... I swear that brokers alone aren't the ones that screw you out of your tickets. The bottom line is that they will play to maybe 55,000 people in any given city (3 dates X 18,000 capacity), and over 100,000 people want to see them. There just aren't enough tickets to go around, even if people like me didn't exist.

It's funny that we're the bad guys until you buy $250 Madonna tickets off of us for like $20/pr..

sadly, as unfair as it is... these brokers are just a product of the system...

we live in a material world, and people do anything to make money, some, would go further than others, but each person has that line that they won't cross, and the line differs for each person

I for one, would never be able to personally justify profiting off the hardship of others, if the brokers wouldn't have bought the tickets, the true fans would have gotten them, why should those fans suffer just because they don't have enough experience with ticket buying efficiency...

I'm a college student, and I don't have a lot of money, so it pains me to see a GA ticket I could have gotten being sold for a price there is no way I will be able to afford, even though I'll probably have to make a few sacrifices to get that money just because I want to see U2 so damn much

here us less fortunate could have caught a break, U2 have prices for GA low so even us regular joes have access to get these tickets, but the system takes over, and those tickets are then taken and resold so the rich get to scratch each others backs

it's sad, and unfair, but it really won't change any time soon

edit: haha, dabiggestu2fan, I posted before having a chance to read your post, looks like we're in the same boat =\

hopefully I manage to get lucky when the Vancouver presale starts :(

Last edited:
I found k-rider's posts to be interesting and informative, and I thank him/her for posting.

I've no problem with ticket brokers at all, in fact I used one once and got a pair of great tickets for an out of state show I wanted to see. It took me just one call and maybe five minutes on the phone to secure them.

Concert tickets are a commodity, just like any other product, and ticket brokers are simply business people, just like any others. If you don't want to buy what they are selling, don't buy it. It's really not that difficult.

As for the sweater analogy -- it is pretty accurate. One person stated that there is only one U2, yet many sweaters, but what that person fails to see is that there are many bands playing many shows that you could see instead of U2 (the same way there are many sweaters you could buy instead). Your problem is that you don't want to see any of the other bands, you only want to see U2 (same as the guy who only wants a particular Abercrombie sweater). If you bought the last Abercrombie sweater for $100 and someone wanted it enough to pay you $1000 for it, are you telling me your wouldn't sell it for that price? Of course you would. The same principle applies to ticket brokers, except on a larger scale (and they have to get business and vendor's licenses, etc.).

The ticket brokers haven't screwed you over, they are simply providing a service to people who want specific tickets for events and are willing to pay a premium for them. You were screwed by Ticketbastard and U2.com. They deserve your ire, not brokers.

Besides, I think most of us wouldn't mind becoming brokers ourselves. ;)

And if I want to be a real bitch I would question why, if you are really so hard up, you are going to a U2 concert at all. I'm sure there are other "real" fans who would love the ticket you are trying to purchase.

You and your opinion are not welcomed here. Your a big part of the problem. You don't and never will understand our situation cos if you knew most of our situations you would think twice about what your saying! get out of this board!

go away go to abay and rip people off or do whatever you do but get the hell out of here!

indra said:
I found k-rider's posts to be interesting and informative, and I thank him/her for posting.

I've no problem with ticket brokers at all, in fact I used one once and got a pair of great tickets for an out of state show I wanted to see. It took me just one call and maybe five minutes on the phone to secure them.

Concert tickets are a commodity, just like any other product, and ticket brokers are simply business people, just like any others. If you don't want to buy what they are selling, don't buy it. It's really not that difficult.

As for the sweater analogy -- it is pretty accurate. One person stated that there is only one U2, yet many sweaters, but what that person fails to see is that there are many bands playing many shows that you could see instead of U2 (the same way there are many sweaters you could buy instead). Your problem is that you don't want to see any of the other bands, you only want to see U2 (same as the guy who only wants a particular Abercrombie sweater). If you bought the last Abercrombie sweater for $100 and someone wanted it enough to pay you $1000 for it, are you telling me your wouldn't sell it for that price? Of course you would. The same principle applies to ticket brokers, except on a larger scale (and they have to get business and vendor's licenses, etc.).

The ticket brokers haven't screwed you over, they are simply providing a service to people who want specific tickets for events and are willing to pay a premium for them. You were screwed by Ticketbastard and U2.com. They deserve your ire, not brokers.

Yeah you gatta love being a student! hehehe

and very good points you make too!

I am hoping pricks like this guy and Indra don't ruin our chances of getting tickets! I hope your able to get a ticket as well for the legit price. This punks don't deserve a penny from me!

korczykp said:
sadly, as unfair as it is... these brokers are just a product of the system...

we live in a material world, and people do anything to make money, some, would go further than others, but each person has that line that they won't cross, and the line differs for each person

I for one, would never be able to personally justify profiting off the hardship of others, if the brokers wouldn't have bought the tickets, the true fans would have gotten them, why should those fans suffer just because they don't have enough experience with ticket buying efficiency...

I'm a college student, and I don't have a lot of money, so it pains me to see a GA ticket I could have gotten being sold for a price there is no way I will be able to afford, even though I'll probably have to make a few sacrifices to get that money just because I want to see U2 so damn much

here us less fortunate could have caught a break, U2 have prices for GA low so even us regular joes have access to get these tickets, but the system takes over, and those tickets are then taken and resold so the rich get to scratch each others backs

it's sad, and unfair, but it really won't change any time soon

edit: haha, dabiggestu2fan, I posted before having a chance to read your post, looks like we're in the same boat =\

hopefully I manage to get lucky when the Vancouver presale starts :(

dabiggestu2fan said:
You and your opinion are not welcomed here. Your a big part of the problem. You don't and never will understand our situation cos if you knew most of our situations you would think twice about what your saying! get out of this board!

go away go to abay and rip people off or do whatever you do but get the hell out of here!

You poor, poor baby. Wah wah wah.

dabiggestu2fan said:
and you call yourself a U2 fan why do you bother???

Strictly to piss you off. Yep. That's it. I've been posting here for a year just so when the ticket sale went awry I could piss off YOU, dabiggestu2fan. Damn! How did you ever figure that out? :rolleyes:

and either your a rich bitch that can afford the tickets at 500 bucks a pop and really don't care about anyone else or you have bought your ticket already at regular price and don't give a dam about anyone else eitherway your a disgrace

dabiggestu2fan said:
and either your a rich bitch that can afford the tickets at 500 bucks a pop and really don't care about anyone else or you have bought your ticket already at regular price and don't give a dam about anyone else eitherway your a disgrace

It's really quite simple. I'm not going to see them. I don't have the money, I don't have the time, and I have responsibilities which take priority over concerts.

But I still enjoyed pissing you off! ;)

dabiggestu2fan said:

Cool off, man. People are allowed to have different opinions. Get used to it.

However, K-Rider, when you're setting an 850% markup on a pair of tickets, you have lost all "I'm really a nice family guy providing a service" credibility. That amount of markup is absolutely ridiculous and you damn well know it.

Sure, maybe you know how to get a hold of tickets and you go out of your way to make sure buyers get their tickets (even though you don't actually have them at the time of sale). But still. $850 for 2 freaking tickets man. That's pure I'll-charge-as-much-as-I-want-because-some-sap-will-buy-it greed and nothing else.

indra said:

:wink: Nice one Indra! Although it would have made things even more interesting if the ensuing exchange had involved somebody that could present a more coherent argument than dagreatestu2fanever (dang, I wish I'd chosen that).
There's a lot of food for thought on this thread I reckon and I'd hope that more people (myself included), were less stubbornly deaf and blind in their opinions because of it.
As to any aspirations of becoming a successful broker myself though...I'd rather remain the poor bastard I am. The sweater analogy IS a good one, but I don't condone either. Arguing the cause of something being legitimate or legal, does not define it as being wholly commendable.
The "service" that is being provided by K-rider is discriminating against the majority of the people that U2 are trying to reach (their biggest fans, regardless of how much they earn).
An absence of this "service" (no brokers, touts etc.) would allow those people who were most desperate and passionate about the band the tickets they desired. Isn't this what the U2 and their concerts is all about? I completely accept that there are people who can afford to pay 10 times that of the average punter, who would be every bit as passionate about the band as any other fan. But surely, without the "service" even these fans would be as dedicated and relentless in the measures and means they used to buy tickets? I don't want to illustrate my point as a "surivival of the fittest" analogy, but maybe in as far as the system could rely on "success of the most passionate"?
Enough ramblins...

I just wanna know one thing:

Do the brokers get tickets from Ticketmaster AHEAD OF TIME (i.e. a day or a week or two weeks BEFORE the pre-sale and BEFORE the regular on-sale date). If so, this is wrong - way wrong.

I wish Ticketmaster would actually lower the limit of seats you can get during a regular on-sale - down to 4 tickets instead of 8 or something like that. And they should be forced to end any and all deals with ticket brokers. Not one human should be able to get a single ticket before the minute the pre-sale (or regular on-sale) officially starts.

The ticket brokers are just upset because they lost money on Madonna and Prince (the top two concerts of 2004). Madonna because the tickets were already face value $300 and people would not pay brokers' jacked up prices which were 3-4 times this amount. Yet, every concert still sold out. And Prince, because the pre-sale was handled much better, and fan club members got great seats - sometimes in the front row. Then he did so many shows at a reasonable price of like $80/ticket that there was plenty of tickets to meet the demand and little need for brokers.

The brokers see the U2 tour as their "jackpot" for this year.

k-rider, this is what you do:

You recieve a ticket in your left hand, and you pay x for it. Then you move the ticket from your left hand over to your right hand and mysteriously the price of that ticket is now 10x.

Why your business is different than other business, like selling sweathers, chocolatebars or some other commodity is because the costumers (we here on the board, the fans) have strong emotions connected to the thing you're selling (U2 concert experience).

Your business live on exploiting this.

For many of us fans a U2 concert can't really be measured in money, it is as far from a damn Abercrombie sweather as you can imagine. U2, for us, is no commodity, it is even past just great music, it is an important part of our lives.

This is why you get so angry replies on this board. You exploit the fans strong emotions for U2, and you take obscene amounts of money for your "service".

And in the end, my arguements have nothing on you. We live in a capitalistic system, and you just use it for your own profit, which is the point. And if that is a good or bad system is another discussion.

I can't really be mad, but I just want you to know that you, and your business is directly and indirectly hurting people's emotions.

Don't waste your breath complaining to the sellers - send complaints to ebay.

1. Log in to www.ebay.com
2. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html
This page explains which states prohibit overpricing of tickets (IT IS AGAINST THE LAW in most states, no matter what these pl try to say). Scroll to the bottom of that page- all the way down - and click the link from "Report" listing violations or problems with another eBay member.
3. Enter in the item numbers of the auctions that contain inflated U2 tickets. You can find them all by doing a search in another window on the words "U2 (ticket,tickets)" printed exactly like that.
--> or, if you want about 100 item numbers that I have complained about and already typed out, shoot me an email oliveu2cm at yahoo.com and I will send those to you.

Enough people complain and this thievery won't be allowed to continue.

Do the brokers get tickets from Ticketmaster AHEAD OF TIME (i.e. a day or a week or two weeks BEFORE the pre-sale and BEFORE the regular on-sale date). If so, this is wrong - way wrong.

Yes they do and yes it is wrong, but somehow is continues to exist. When the same people own the ticket systems that promote the concerts, etc. Do you see where this is going?

Now, of course brokers also get tickets when they go on sale just like us. Its cheaper that way - why pay promoterX $100-150 for a GA ticket if they can get it for $50. They also hire people to do this as well (it used to be homeless, etc. waiting in line for the brokers, but I am sure things are less visible with the internet).

Now, with respect to this disagreement with K-rider, I don't agree with him because I don't like ticket brokers and what they do, but if they only got their tickets like the rest of us, you could see the argument that they are just entrepeneurs (who also happen to be violating many state laws) trying to make a buck, and who happen to take a bath once in a while when shows are not popular (e.g., K-rider's example of selling $250 Madonna tickets for $20 - of course what he doesn't say is that he probably tried to sell them for $750 and when he couldn't, he ended up dumping them outside the arena to last minute patrons for less than face value).

My main problem is with the underlying system. The fact that these guys get most of their tickets from "contacts." That the system is corrupt and promoters are allowed to control the process (and make xtra money doing so). This is wrong. Propaganda was a way around the system because once Prop pulled the tickets, the brokers (and promoters) couldn't get them.

Hi! Back again. There are SOME brokers who are able to obtain tickets from other sources Prior to a Presale/Onsale, but they are quite rare. Most of us get our tickets JUST LIKE YOU DO.

I actually stayed away from the Madonna Tour, and the sellouts were mainly from other brokers who bought the tickets up just to take a bath on them..

Prince has a VERY good Fan Club and makes it almost impossible for a Broker to sell his Fan Club Seats.. Members can purchase their tickets,but they are held at "Will-Call" and are non-transferrable.

The ONLY person that can use those GREAT fan club seats is the Fan themselves. However, Prince's demand is a little weaker than U2, so I don't think that this method would be feasible. (You'd have to stand in line for 5 hours at the Will Call window to get your tickets...)

As I have stated before, I have NEVER stood outside of a venue and peddled tickets.. That's just shady..

I know that I'm basically throwing myself out here to be abused by you guys/gals because you're all upset at ME for your not getting tickets yesterday, but I gotta tell you, in life, you've got to pick your battles. If you think that I'm a corrupt businessperson, please look at the Big Picture...

There are MANY other industries that hurt people more than myself!

The Insurance Industry was one that was founded to make money off of people's MISFORTUNE! Sure, "like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" to RAPE your wallet and then deny your claim when you've had some misfortune in your life.

The Pharmaceutical Industry preys on the sick also, and can basically charge whatever they want! "You're dying, and you need the medicine that OUR company makes... Hmmm... what should I charge? Doesn't matter, cause Insurance Companies will pick up the Tab." Sure, unless you DON'T have medical Insurance! And even then a good number of prescriptions aren't covered..

Those are just two examples, and yet you choose to have a gripe with me.. EVERY Business takes advantage of it's consumers to some degree.

I was watching on CNN after the Tsunami, they were interviewing a CEO from a company who operates "mobile morgues." They handle the bodies and deal with the identification process. He was saying how BUSY he was (and how profitable this would be). Me? I had a HUGE problem with that... This guy was making MILLIONS off of widespread death and destruction.

...yet you vent your anger at me instead...

oliveu2cm said:
Don't waste your breath complaining to the sellers - send complaints to ebay.

1. Log in to www.ebay.com
2. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html
This page explains which states prohibit overpricing of tickets (IT IS AGAINST THE LAW in most states, no matter what these pl try to say). Scroll to the bottom of that page- all the way down - and click the link from "Report" listing violations or problems with another eBay member.
3. Enter in the item numbers of the auctions that contain inflated U2 tickets. You can find them all by doing a search in another window on the words "U2 (ticket,tickets)" printed exactly like that.
--> or, if you want about 100 item numbers that I have complained about and already typed out, shoot me an email oliveu2cm at yahoo.com and I will send those to you.

Enough people complain and this thievery won't be allowed to continue.

I not only reported k-rider, but I also emailed all his bidders on u2 tickets leading them to this thread. I also told them what k-rider should tell them, HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY HAVE TICKETS ON HAND!!.

Do not give up the fight. Continue faxing today (I have re-faxed the ones I sent yesterday to both offices).

Principle Management NY : +1 (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: + (353) 1 6777 276

:mad: :mad: :mad:

And by the way, k-rider, you are a damn thief. There are rules about not being able to mark-up tickets by more than x% which, of course, you decide to ignore.

:mad:

mellyinsf, since you want to quote Ebay's Policies, How's THIS:

Transaction Interference

eBay Policy
Members are not allowed to interfere with another member's transaction.
Members may not contact a seller and offer to purchase a listed item outside of eBay.
Members are not permitted to email buyers in an open or completed transaction to warn them away from a seller or item. If you have a problem with a transaction, please use the feedback forum and review our Fraud Protection Program.
To report a violation of our Transaction Interference policy:
Contact Customer Support by following the links at the bottom of most Help pages.
Include the appropriate information, including any relevant emails, with full descriptions in the subject line and complete email headers. If you need help finding an email header, you can learn more about displaying complete headers for your email program.
Only report a case once--multiple emails about the same case slow an investigation.

Notes:

eBay will consider the circumstances of an alleged policy violation and the user's trading record before taking action.
Disciplinary action may result in a formal warning, temporary suspension, or indefinite suspension.
If a complaint can't be proven with certainty, we may take no action.
Due to privacy issues, it's not possible for eBay to discuss the results of an investigation.

Please tell meYOUR Ebay ID, since you know mine. Let's play fair.

I'm sure you can figure it out k-rider since your such a computer genius. So your telling everyone that you can break ebay rules, but I can't
I'm sure I'll get kicked off for this, but it's worth it. And I will do it again and again everytime I see someone bid on tickets that don't exist.

"Enough people complain and this thievery won't be allowed to continue."

If you all complain about people like myself (and we are removed from Ebay), you will be FORCED to pay people like the broker who SPONSORS this site. Click "U2 Tickets" at the top of this page. His MSG FLOORS are $500 ea.

You may get rid of me, but you WON'T get rid of him. So when you get shut out because the DEMAND is so high and you can't get tickets, you'll have to pay that broker HUNDREDS more than you would have to pay me on Ebay.

...It's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom