Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some stupid fuckhead kept calling my cell phone last night and waking me up :mad: The last time was about 6 am. I called back. The dude answered and I yelled "DO NOT DIAL THIS NUMBER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been waking me up all night. Have you listened to the voicemail that picks up? Do I sound like someone you know?" And then he says to me "who the fuck are you?!!?" :| Of course I tell him I'm the one he's been calling all night and I can assure you that there's no one here that wants to talk to you and to stop calling my number or I will start to call his number at all hours of the night thanks to caller id. He just sat there. So then I asked him what # he was trying to call. He tells me 763 (that's the area code) :click: Dumbass hung up. I turned my phone off but any other night that would not be an option for me as it's also my alarm clock. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have really crappy insurance through LE. It pays for some major medical emergencies but otherwise I'm on my own for most things. :crack: :crazy: I just spent the last 1/2 hour on the phone with my the benefits dept at work, the insurance company, and 2 different doctor's offices. :barf: :yuck: That was really gross. I'm surprised it only took a 1/2 hour.

I can't go to the eye dr with my insurance unless I pay for it in full, :lmao:, and then they'll reimburse me for about 3/4 of. :| But the good news is my eye dr office said they can extend my prescription for contacts until Dec 08 since I always go every year and I have never had an issue. Plus last year I had all of the bi-yearly tests and drops so this time it would just be a quick office visit of questions. I don't need any contacts now but I will need to order while I'm gone. It's one of those things that woke me up in the middle of the night a few weeks ago wondering how I'm going to see while I'm in AZ if I don't have contacts :der:

I made an appointment for a cleaning at the dentist and they didn't mention the little cavity that needs to be filled :shifty: :uhoh: They only call about once a month to ask if I'm going to come in for that. I'm sure they'll call me back before my appointment and remind me it needs to be done. I'm going to get a lovely lecture from my dentist about it but for now I'm going to live dangerously. My insurance only pays cleanings.

Thrilling post. Off to change my laundry and maybe get ready to be human for the day.

:sad: = tears of joy.......

The Tempe AZ Imax theater is playing U2 3D until at least sometime in March. The theater is closer to my sister's house than the one here is to my house....not like that would matter since I'd drive as far as I could in one day. But it's nice to know I can go see U2 in 3D for the next few months. :love: I'm assuming it's through March since there's a "biggest U2 fan" contest on the Imax website that ends in March. At any rate, looks like I'll at least get to see it while I'm in AZ. I'm going to be such a nervous mess about life the next month or so, so I'm going to need all the help I can get from U2 :love: :drool:

arw9797 said:
some stupid fuckhead kept calling my cell phone last night and waking me up :mad: The last time was about 6 am. I called back. The dude answered and I yelled "DO NOT DIAL THIS NUMBER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been waking me up all night. Have you listened to the voicemail that picks up? Do I sound like someone you know?" And then he says to me "who the fuck are you?!!?" :| Of course I tell him I'm the one he's been calling all night and I can assure you that there's no one here that wants to talk to you and to stop calling my number or I will start to call his number at all hours of the night thanks to caller id. He just sat there. So then I asked him what # he was trying to call. He tells me 763 (that's the area code) :click: Dumbass hung up. I turned my phone off but any other night that would not be an option for me as it's also my alarm clock. :mad: :mad: :mad:

:love: Was it from a 401 area code? Did he ask for Casey??

:drool: moronic wrong numbers :drool:

The girl in the cubicle next to me got three voicemails today in which the caller said, and I quote..."I keep getting her voicemail," and hanging up. We decided he didn't understand the purpose of voicemail.

I haven't heard from Casey since I called her at 5 am that time. I almost kind of miss her.

I have been very lucky with my phone........very few wrong numbers and they come in the afternoon.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that someone should try to pair up Casey and annoying phone guy :wrongnumberlovematch:

here ='s 45 degrees
Minneapolis ='s 0

small temperature difference........I don't want it, I like 45 degrees :scream:

It's Official: Running for the basement is not fun. Especially when you don't really have a basement, just a garage with a car.

Originally posted by weather.com
A tornado has been sighted or indicated by radar in your area - seek shelter immediately!

:yikes:

The good news is...the news is reporting power outages in my neighborhood...probably a little closer to where a tornado was reported, which is like six blocks east. :happy:

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
I'm thinking that someone should try to pair up Casey and annoying phone guy :wrongnumberlovematch:

Oooh, I like that!!

Originally posted by shari schultz
here ='s 45 degrees
Minneapolis ='s 0

Terre Haute = 25 degrees and snowing
Northside of Indy = 54 degrees and raining

Hence running for the basement half an hour ago.

Okay now the news is just on to have news on.

"Give the electricians time to work because, uh, you know when it's cold and your fingers are not...uh...working... Let's take a caller!"
~Anchor

"There's leaves in my yard."
~Shae from Hendricks County

Last edited:
Schmeg said:
It's Official: Running for the basement is not fun. Especially when you don't really have a basement, just a garage with a car.

The good news is...the news is reporting power outages in my neighborhood...probably a little closer to where a tornado was reported, which is like six blocks east. :happy:

too close for comfort :yikes: a garage with a car :crack: glad it was 6 blocks east of you but sorry that it was at all.............
Had a customer come in yesterday wanting to purchase some cookware for her son whose house was destroyed by the tornado in Wheatland earlier this month.................tornadoes in January :crack: actually tornadoes, period :crack:

it is a delightful 20 degrees now here and a 3 degree wind chill

I'm sorry, don't mean to laugh but ""There's leaves in my yard."
~Shae from Hendricks County" :giggle:

shari schultz said:

too close for comfort :yikes: a garage with a car :crack: glad it was 6 blocks east of you but sorry that it was at all.............
Had a customer come in yesterday wanting to purchase some cookware for her son whose house was destroyed by the tornado in Wheatland earlier this month.................tornadoes in January :crack: actually tornadoes, period :crack:

it is a delightful 20 degrees now here and a 3 degree wind chill

It's a large 6 blocks with a river in there somewhere, but when they said "Meridian Hills" on the news I was heading for the hills. Or the valleys. Or the garage...Anyway, for someone who gets nervous when they test the tornado sirens every Friday at 11 am, that was not fun. I miss 3 days of hurricane watches before you run for the basement!

shari schultz said:
I'm sorry, don't mean to laugh but ""There's leaves in my yard."
~Shae from Hendricks County" :giggle:

That was when I knew it was definitely over, when they're taking random, farmland-area callers on the news.

Now they're talking about all the fast food signs that have blown over in Muncie. Wendy's and Taco Bell 's signs on State Road 30-something have blown over!!

I just got a report that it blew in a window at the airport, from a live witness! He called me, though, not the news. :wink:

The anchor just got up to walk around the studio and when they cut from the radar to his seat he had to jump back into it and explain why he wasn't there.

/play-by-play

Schmeg said:

That was when I knew it was definitely over, when they're taking random, farmland-area callers on the news.

Now they're talking about all the fast food signs that have blown over in Muncie. Wendy's and Taco Bell 's signs on State Road 30-something have blown over!!

I just got a report that it blew in a window at the airport, from a live witness! He called me, though, not the news. :wink:

He should call the news! :hyper:

The Wild Weather Night Cast is over. He lost his chance. :sad:

But I guess that means I can blow out the candles and get my radio, coat, and purse out of my car.

it's -13 right now and at some point tonight it's going to be -40 below zero windchill :love: :happy: I'm so glad this Winter is sending me off to the hot Arizona desert with such a bang. There was NOTHING last year. No cold, no snow, nothing. :|

I had a no good horrible day today. My hours were cut for next week at WM so this Friday is my last day, although I did the proper thing and put in a 2+ weeks notice last week. I was so mad on top of the fact that the normal cashier called in sick today so I was stuck at the registers ringing up rich people with too much money all damn day. Anyways....later in the day the manager that does the schedule finally emerged from her hole she hides in all day to ask me if I was excited to move, be done with school, and leave WM. I told her no and she totally screwed me over $$$ wise for my first few weeks in AZ until I get paid from the resort. She had a look of fear on her face and then said someone else also quit last week but request Feb 1st as their last day. She said she must have read my letter wrong :| So now she's going to look into it tomorrow to see if she can give me hours. I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice if she could, especially since her boss promised me hours until Feb 8. :mad:

School also started off on a bad note tonight but then about 9:00, right when I was ready to run out of there screaming for the night, one of the culinary Chefs said his class prepared a huge buffet and to come down in 30 minutes. He wasn't kidding when he said huge! Tons of salads with freshly made dressings, fruits, garlic mashed potatoes, hot veggies, breads, pizzas, fresh squeezed lemonade, and of course meats but I didn't bother to go near that table. It was just what we all needed. :love: I think it's the best food I've had in weeks.

Then I came home to a much needed sight........I FINALLY got the email from my loan company that my $ has been sent to my school. That means I'll finally be able to get my stipend that I live off of. The stuff I make at my two tiny jobs is mainly gas and food money so it's been a long 2 months since my last check. :scream:

/ARW journal entry for the day. It was a rotten day and I'm glad it's over.

Last edited:
this is not my dad's doing as it usually is........IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEZING IN MY ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream: :sad: :rant:

The heat is actually on full blast. I don't think I've ever seen it up this high before. It's comfortable in my bathroom :| but absolutely horrid in my bedroom. I think 2 layers of pj's tonight and a few extra blankets might help. :crack:

:drool: LE called and told me not to come in today!!!!!!!!!! :love: I desperately need the extra money though. :mad: I didn't sleep at all last night, too cold, so not having to stand in an empty store all day is a good thing. They said with the cold weather, it was so dead yesterday, and there's no stock right now so there's nothing to do. So they think it will be even worse today.

:happy: my computer is doing that thing again where is says my internet service is unavailable :angry: Obviously the other computer in the house doesn't agree, thankfully.

arw9797 said:
it's -13 right now and at some point tonight it's going to be -40 below zero windchill :love: :happy: I'm so glad this Winter is sending me off to the hot Arizona desert with such a bang. There was NOTHING last year. No cold, no snow, nothing. :|

I had a no good horrible day today. My hours were cut for next week at WM so this Friday is my last day, although I did the proper thing and put in a 2+ weeks notice last week. I was so mad on top of the fact that the normal cashier called in sick today so I was stuck at the registers ringing up rich people with too much money all damn day. Anyways....later in the day the manager that does the schedule finally emerged from her hole she hides in all day to ask me if I was excited to move, be done with school, and leave WM. I told her no and she totally screwed me over $$$ wise for my first few weeks in AZ until I get paid from the resort. She had a look of fear on her face and then said someone else also quit last week but request Feb 1st as their last day. She said she must have read my letter wrong :| So now she's going to look into it tomorrow to see if she can give me hours. I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice if she could, especially since her boss promised me hours until Feb 8. :mad:

School also started off on a bad note tonight but then about 9:00, right when I was ready to run out of there screaming for the night, one of the culinary Chefs said his class prepared a huge buffet and to come down in 30 minutes. He wasn't kidding when he said huge! Tons of salads with freshly made dressings, fruits, garlic mashed potatoes, hot veggies, breads, pizzas, fresh squeezed lemonade, and of course meats but I didn't bother to go near that table. It was just what we all needed. :love: I think it's the best food I've had in weeks.

Then I came home to a much needed sight........I FINALLY got the email from my loan company that my $ has been sent to my school. That means I'll finally be able to get my stipend that I live off of. The stuff I make at my two tiny jobs is mainly gas and food money so it's been a long 2 months since my last check. :scream:

/ARW journal entry for the day. It was a rotten day and I'm glad it's over.
:hug: buffet and loan coming through were a good way to end yesterday. They are cutting hours and minutes wherever they can by us. We are supposed to recover till 9:30 and that hasn't been happening. Problem is that I have been promised my hours and I am gonna get them so I will come in early on days that I am scheduled till closing. Love this time of year :|

kellyahern said:

Minnesota just made NBC news . . . -38.

How do you guys deal with that? I can't even comprehend that kind of cold.

that's probably in northern MN. It's only -8 right now in the Twin Cities! Nice and warm :happy: We usually shut down if it gets colder than -25ish.

You get used to it that's all I can say. It's not always this cold every winter. You wear lots of layers, hats, mittens, warm boots, etc. We even have a winter carnival outside every year no matter how cold it is :der: Some years an ice palace is built out on one of the lakes in St Paul. In 6 months from now it will literally be about 90 degrees if not 100 degrees warmer outside than it is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom