Wait for the Summer - Brought to you by the CSGWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are fantastic!

Had a fun, lazy out yesterday, went to Downtown Disney, had ice cream, coffee later, watched the spectacular fireworks display :)

Wayne has around 400 pics from this trip :lol:

Cool. :up: Can I just mention that it seems like every day involves at least some coffee. Don't confuse Wayne's natural love of tea. :wink:

Wow, that's a lot of pics! :ohmy:

Wayne is still a tea fan, he sometimes get tea at the coffee shops :cute: :lol:

We're trying to see if we can get into Disney again today, Wayne maxed out his card yesterday and is calling to ask for an increase :lol:

I'll let John explain it more if he wants to, but it's a new top 50 U2 songs thread. He's going to have people submit their lists, then calculate it all out. :up:

Guys how does this sound?

I'm sure we all remember The Scientist's "epic" results thread for our last top 100 U2 songs competition that went on for hours and hours and hours and hours and made a fair few of us act a little crazy. Well in the time since then we've had a bunch of new members and a brand new album so I think it's time we redo that thread.

For anyone who doesn't know how it works basically you put together a list of your favourite 50 U2 songs and preferably PM it to me, alternatively you can post it in this thread however, that means that people can see what others are voting and partly ruins the surprise of the final list.

The final scores that the songs get will be based on three things
1. The number of lists it appears on
2. How high it appears on each list
3. The number of people who enter lists

Rules:
1. Any song by the band can be used, I don't care if it's been released. So Mercy, Street Mission, Cartoon World, are all good. However if it's just a one off live cover or snippet it doesn't count. So covers only count if they've been released.
2. You can base your votes on whatever you want studio, live version, or whatever. It should be your overall opinion of the song.
3. For alternative versions and remixes play it by ear. If you think U2's best song is a remix of Beautiful Day no one knows then you're better off just saying Beautiful Day. However if it's NLOTH 2 or Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) you can say them as they are pretty popular. However try to only use one version of each song in your lists as if for example a remix only gets 1 or 2 votes it'll probably just be combined with the original.
4. Lists do not strictly have to be ranked, although it is preferable. You can mix ranking and non-ranking in your lists as much as you wish. All songs that are unranked will receive the same number of points but the number of points overall for your list will be lower than if everything is ranked. Alternatively you can use tiers, which leaves all unranked songs in one tier with an equal number of points, and other songs in lower tiers with lower but again an equal number of points each.

:up: Looks good to me, although you might want to just tell people to rank lists to make it easier on yourself.

:up: Looks good to me, although you might want to just tell people to rank lists to make it easier on yourself.

I don't think it should be too hard if lists are unranked, and it should be easier on others as a lot of people don't want to try to rank every song

As long as I have excel and a fixed way of dealing with unranked songs then it should be okay I think...

:lol: I've got no idea how to do anything cool on Excel, to be honest. My boss put together a pretty awesome time card for us though, it calculates how many hours we've worked and everything. :up:

Back
Top Bottom