Wait for the Summer - Brought to you by the CSGWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Well, thanks! Maybe I should work on getting it into common use? :wink:

I wish I were like that! I think it would be so cool if I could remember them...I feel like I'm missing out on an essential part of life or something. :lol:

:lol: It will soon be accepted by the science community.

In an odd bit of irony, I remember about the same amount of dreams from my childhood as actual events from that same period. :lol:

I remember about half of my dreams probably, sometimes clearly, sometimes vaguely

Justin are you able to go back into dreams? Like you wake up from a dream and are able to resume it when you go back to sleep? almost like a pause and play feature :lol:

I have a dream I remember from my childhood...a nightmare...I can't remember the details, I think I was drowning or something

but it affects my senses greatly when I reclaim it (randomly), like it feels as if time slows down, every sound is painful and loud, and the voice in my head can only sound angry...

I remember about half of my dreams probably, sometimes clearly, sometimes vaguely

Justin are you able to go back into dreams? Like you wake up from a dream and are able to resume it when you go back to sleep? almost like a pause and play feature :lol:

Sometimes. :lol: I've actually been aware I was in a dream and they've become fully controllable. I'll realize it is a dream but will think it is fun or interesting and continue with it. :lmao:

:lol: That is interesting! :hmm: Memory's such a bizarre thing too...

It is weird. I have the worst long term memory and no one has every been able to explain why.

I have a dream I remember from my childhood...a nightmare...I can't remember the details, I think I was drowning or something

but it affects my senses greatly when I reclaim it (randomly), like it feels as if time slows down, every sound is painful and loud, and the voice in my head can only sound angry...

:hmm: Interesting.

It is weird. I have the worst long term memory and no one has every been able to explain why.

Huh, weird...

I've also read that when recounting memories, and part of the experience is forgotten, the person will reconstruct the memory based on what the most plausible occurrence would be, based on their previous experiences, and the person will actually believe that the partial construction is the actual truth. And all of that is done in a matter of seconds...:crazy:

Huh, weird...

I've also read that when recounting memories, and part of the experience is forgotten, the person will reconstruct the memory based on what the most plausible occurrence would be, based on their previous experiences, and the person will actually believe that the partial construction is the actual truth. And all of that is done in a matter of seconds...:crazy:

Wow, all that in a matter of seconds? :ohmy:

I don't think I could ever do that because my memories are photographic or musical. I'll remember an event with a photograph in my mind or a sound or song playing in my head. I either have the whole memory or not. :hmm:

Wow, all that in a matter of seconds? :ohmy:

I don't think I could ever do that because my memories are photographic or musical. I'll remember an event with a photograph in my mind or a sound or song playing in my head. I either have the whole memory or not. :hmm:

Yeah, it's insane. The process is done subconsciously, so it's not like you're deliberately doing it or anything.

Oh, pretty good, it's only 10am at the moment, so I haven't done anything productive yet. :lol:

Accounting is hopefully better to study than HRM? :wink:

Well I'm good at it, and the questions actually have answers so studying is easier. As opposed to studying subjects which are based on essays where you don't feel like you're getting better at it :lol:

:lol: Well, that's good then! I guess it is kind of hard to study for essay exams...you either know the material and can write about it, or you don't.

I think it's more if you're studying accounting or something you can do questions and know if you're right or wrong. When I could write a ten page essay now and have no idea how good or bad it truly is

I guess that's true...although, I'd rather write an essay any time than do accounting or math or anything with strict answers, just because I know that I'm a pretty good writer, and that sort of stuff makes more sense to me.

It is nice having the validation that you did it right in the end of the problem though. :lol:

I guess it depends on the subject. When I'm doing accounting or maths I want it to be things with definite answers because I just can't write essays on the subject but if it's something else I'd much rather write an essay because than even if I'm wrong I can usually bullshit it enough to get through it

That's the one effect my Irish teacher had on me, teaching me how to bullshit when I know nothing about a subject...or language I'm doing it in :lol:

:laugh: I think that's something that all students learn eventually...there's just some of us who are much better at bullshitting than others. :wink:

I was still really impressed with how he taught me to do it, I got a B in a language I can barely make a sentence in :lol: There's bullshitting and then there's his form of it, which is the big tier

I'm so glad I passed if I didn't I would of ended up like Bono, a failure who want on to become one of the most famous singers in the world and be part of one of the best bands of all time...is it too late to fail? :sad:

:lol: That's right, he got his acceptance to university revoked because he failed Irish, right?

Yup, you need to pass Irish, a foreign language, Maths (and English...maybe?) to even be considered for college. If you get an A in every subject but fail one of those you're out

Back
Top Bottom