Voice From The Past

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, hello. I remember you, most certainly. I'd say that not too much has changed here, although I think it's a lot more civil now than it was then.

I remember that you and I used to mix it up a lot when I first joined, but then we got okay with each other. I was certainly hoping you'd pop in to see me.

As for me, though, I'm now a disillusioned centrist who seems to vacillate between centre-left (in idealism) and centre-right (in philosophy), so I find I don't have much to talk about anymore. Oh and I'm also Canadian now, so I tend to spell things funny too. Take care, and all the best.

You're a "mutt", eh? (see, I can talk Canadian, too!) I feel a little bit that way on some things as well...I'm anti-death penalty, anti-hunting (unless necessary), I think the oil industry and other necessity-oriented corporations should be regulated more, and I think that some kind of healthcare reform is badly needed.

You were wanting to move to Canada, even before I left?

God bless ya, man.

You're a "mutt", eh? (see, I can talk Canadian, too!) I feel a little bit that way on some things as well...I'm anti-death penalty, anti-hunting (unless necessary), I think the oil industry and other necessity-oriented corporations should be regulated more, and I think that some kind of healthcare reform is badly needed.

More or less, I'm one of those liberals, to paraphrase Irving Kristol, "mugged by reality," although (to go further with that quote) I wouldn't say I'm a neocon now. But I would say that my brand of "pragmatic idealism" isn't exactly found in our collective political environment, and I'm more interested in results than a litany of rote slogans, hot button hysteria and broken campaign promises.

You were wanting to move to Canada, even before I left?

I like it here, more or less, and I've enjoyed the outside perspective that's difficult to have while inside the U.S. I don't know where I'm going to be in the long term, but I like not having to think about that presently.

Take care.

80s! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering "whatever happened to. . " So good to hear from you. I hope you haven't already left the building again. . .I want to get my greetings in too!

I appreciate your honesty about why you stopped posting. It takes real character to know yourself in that way.

I can honestly say I've missed your input though. I feel that way about many of the conservative posters that have left over the years. The funny thing is I'm not really as liberal as I probably sound. :)

Anyway good to see you around.

Hey 80's - Good to see you. I still browse here a lot, but I post little.

Back
Top Bottom