Visually speaking, how does the Vertigo stage rank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think U2 really blew up the chance of having a big show where EVRYBODY would've feel good, and that was making the stage (at least indoors) as the Vertigo target...

no one would've cared about screens or led curtains... everybody would've had them at about the same distance... no ellipse, no nothing...

and imagine if the thing could've turn around itself... a standing 360 :drool:

tpsreports2424 said:

There's a lot of things that lacked during that song, not just the song itself but the stage itself was lacking with effects, they could of had lights flashing and crap like they did on the elevation tour but that song just really crapped out the whole tour..

I never realized the red lights but now that I think of it, it kinda pisses me off that they didn't have it..

We saw the same tour right?

most people who have seen tours before the Vertigo Tour will admit there was something lacking during this tour's Streets

Of course there were some differences but still the reason why I said it was some sort of a copy of Popmart because they already had a huge screen on a tour...

All I was saying was that they could have been a little more creative in thinking of something else other than a huge screen like popmart..

and I am serious:eyebrow:

Chizip said:
most people who have seen tours before the Vertigo Tour will admit there was something lacking during this tour's Streets

Oh Please don't u tell me , cozs it was because Edge changed for his ol black strat

Oh No , I found out :ohmy: It's because Edge changed the tune , He played on normal tune on this one , instead of old 1/2 down ...... So that's why ? :eyebrow: Or there's more ?

Chizip said:

:yes: It was fantastic in Auckland, but I suspect that was due to 1). Bono didn't have a long Africa speech in the beginning, and 2). There was an awesome fan-action that made it pretty spectacular...even the band were noticeably impressed.

But for the 2 indoor shows I saw, it took until at least a minute into it for it to really kick. I think the big thing was that it was thrown into Africa-mode...I dunno. It just seemed like it was being attached to the One Campaign, instead of just being Streets. Once you sort of dropped that from your mind after a few seconds of music, the fire kicked in.

Last edited:
tpsreports2424 said:
All I was saying was that they could have been a little more creative in thinking of something else other than a huge screen like popmart..

So u're basically saying that ........ They couldn't use a giant screen again ....... So ZooTV had a catwalk , Popmart had as wellk , Oh Boy Popmart was a ripoff :ohmy:

Chizip said:

So Coz Vertigo was my 1st show , I can't really give my opinion huh ...... Right , coz I was gonna tell ya , that when I went , Streets was the most crazy thing I ever saw in a show , the whole stadium singing loud , Edge jumpin like a kid ...... Anyway since I think my opinion won't do on this ......

People who went to stadium shows , do You have any complaints about Streets ?

Last edited:
I'm just saying Streets was a letdown compared to other versions I had seen. If I hadn't seen Streets live before, then I wouldn't have had anything to compare it to and I'm sure I would have liked it better.

J_NP said:

So u're basically saying that ........ They couldn't use a giant screen again ....... So ZooTV had a catwalk , Popmart had as wellk , Oh Boy Popmart was a ripoff :ohmy:

:lol: Video screens are soooo done! Trying to project images to 80,000 people in a stadium by using a giant screen? Pssssh--they've already done that! The should use small screens next time! Oh wait----they did that on Inside Broadcast. Shit. ... ...... Ummm..... ... Maybe they should use a medium-sized screen....yeah. Haven't done that yet. Just one..you know...medium screen. They could show Edge's guitar or Larry's foot or something on it. Haven't done that before.
:wink:

I don't think Streets has been the showstopping spectacular people like to claim it is since ZooTV, or maybe even Lovetown.

And hey, when you have vision like mine, whether the screen's red or has African flags doesn't make a whole lot of difference. :wink:

Utoo said:

:lol: Video screens are soooo done! Trying to project images to 80,000 people in a stadium by using a giant screen? Pssssh--they've already done that! The should use small screens next time! Oh wait----they did that on Inside Broadcast. Shit. ... ...... Ummm..... ... Maybe they should use a medium-sized screen....yeah. Haven't done that yet. Just one..you know...medium screen. They could show Edge's guitar or Larry's foot or something on it. Haven't done that before.

:lmao:

And make sure they get rid off those bloody catwalks :lol:

I'll always remember having GA for a show at Earl's Court during the Elevation Tour, being just outside the tip of the heart and hearing the opening notes of Streets. Everybody put their hands on each others shoulders, bracing themselves for the blast of euphoria that always happened when the flood lights lit up the arena at the beginning of the song. Everybody jumping up and down, going crazy as the song began, it was one of the greatest highs you could get without drugs.

The beginning of Streets on this tour didn't even come close to that same experience.

Chizip said:
Everybody put their hands on each others shoulders, bracing themselves for the blast of euphoria that always happened when the flood lights lit up the arena at the beginning of the song. Everybody jumping up and down, going crazy as the song began, it was one of the greatest highs you could get without drugs.

The beginning of Streets on this tour didn't even come close to that same experience.

I only make you a question , did Edge jump like a kid on this ? :wink: Coz if not it doesn't counts :drool:

Now Seriously I wish u had this experience , of being in the middle of a wave of more than 40.000 , and with a extra plus , these persons having spent 8 years without it ......

Mate be sure u would forget it not even for only a sec :D

Last edited:
Utoo said:
"Pssst! Axver! The band's over there!"

:lmao:

Chizip said:
I'll always remember having GA for a show at Earl's Court during the Elevation Tour, being just outside the tip of the heart and hearing the opening notes of Streets. Everybody put their hands on each others shoulders, bracing themselves for the blast of euphoria that always happened when the flood lights lit up the arena at the beginning of the song. Everybody jumping up and down, going crazy as the song began, it was one of the greatest highs you could get without drugs.

You could have been describing Auckland II there.

Just think how much better it would have been with the floodlights at the beginning :wink:

Chizip said:

I would have to agree. I will preface this by saying Streets is my favorite U2 song studio or live. I never get tired of it and have loved it every tour I have seen since Joshua Tree. However, this tour it just wasnt quite there. It didnt have the same punch it normally does, if that makes sense. I always thought it was the song that should always be played, period. Originally they were not going to play it this tour. For this tour, I think they should have stuck with their initial instinct about it.

coolian2 said:

And Auckland I, and Sao Paulo, and Sydney and Adelaide....all those places that don't get regular U2.

I said Auckland II and I damn well meant Auckland II. :wink:

That show definitely seemed more excited about Streets to me. Melbourne I in particular didn't seem to really get going for Streets. I felt really out of place there.

I think people put too much emphasis on the lighting. Maybe I think that just because I can't fully appreciate it, but when you're right up close, does it make much of a difference anyway? The screen's so in your face that it wouldn't matter if it were red or African flags or fluffy bunnies having a tea party.

If only people were consistent in critisizing ALL of the rehashing of the last tour.

Blue Room said:

I will preface this by saying Streets is my favorite U2 song studio or live. I never get tired of it and have loved it every tour I have seen since Joshua Tree. However, this tour it just wasnt quite there. It didnt have the same punch it normally does, if that makes sense.

Totally agree. My sentiments exactly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom