Vertigo number 1 on itunes!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best part is that Eminem's new single never took over the #1 spot, and is now dropping. All while Vertigo stays locked in #1.

For some good reading, check out pitchforkmedia.com's review of Eminem's new single. Makes Vertigo's review look even better.

Vertigo is still number 1 in the UK I-Tunes download charts. I don't think Em's single is released as a download in the UK.

victor_f said:
Eminem is now the NUMBER 1.
Vertigo is in the 2nd place.

:|

"Vertigo" was still #1 last night (Oct. 5th), while Em's was #2 and #9. The video for "Just Lose It" was featured on Yahoo *ALL DAY* yesterday, so that probably gave the song a boost on iTunes.

Still, U2 held of Em for quite a while - which is impressive!

Last edited:
Vertigo hit iTMS a few days before Just Lose It did, so it was expected that Vertigo would trail off a little first. In a few days, once they're both over all of the initial sales hype, I'd expect to see Vertigo go back on top. It just seems like Vertigo has a better chance of having a higher sustained purchase rate. Here's hoping anyway :)

destiny's child single is out... (it's already the 3rd place)

more trouble for u2 at itunes.

doctorwho said:
It really doesn't matter how long a song/album stays at #1. What's important is that it lingers near the top for a long time. I'm sure "Vertigo" will do this quite nicely.

:yes:

As the download version of Vertigo is doing so well, will the casual fan bother buying the CD's when they come out in November? I mean for some ppl getting the b-sides & remixes isn't important :)huh: :))

I don't really know about how much percentage-wise internet downloads make up in terms of total record sales, but could Vertigo have "peaked" long before the CD's actually come out?

Well, if anybody cares, since we don't get iTunes in Canada I don't believe, we have to make due with Puretracks...and Vertigo is #1 there. I don't have 15 posts, but the site is puretracks(dot)com if you want to see it.

new songs by big artists will always go to number one the first week, even eminem dropped to 3, If vertigo can stay in the top ten for the rest of the year it will be doing awesome.

Hey everyone! Don't forget us over in "Peeling Off Those Dollar Bills", which is exclusively for these kind of discussions!

Perhaps thanks to the new iTunes ad featuring "Vertigo", perhaps due to the popularity of "Vertigo" or perhaps due to the lack of popularity (at least in the ITunes world), "Vertigo" has jumped back to #1 on iTunes!

Not bad for a song released several weeks ago. :yes: Destiny's Child is #2 and Eminem is #3.

Apple's website says 4th, but the iTunes Music Store says 1st. :scratch:

Apple.com:
apple.jpg

iTunes:
itunes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom