Vertigo is #1 on the US Modern Rock Chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mobonofo

Acrobat
Just checked Billboard and U2 are now #1 over Green Day on the US Modern Rock Chart.

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!

On the note of Vertigo finally going to be played on hot 40 stations I got this reply from my local one regarding Vertigo:

"Yes, Nick. We play U2's Vertigo on WMYX. Right now it's not in a hot rotation, but we do play it several times each day."

That got me thinking that the song will rise on that format in the coming weeks, meaning Vertigo will definitely rise further!

I think this is the first time in years (perhaps ever?) that U2 have a song #1 on two Billboard charts simultaneously. "Vertigo" is #1 on the Modern Rock charts and #1 on the Internet download charts! And while it may not be burning up the Hot 100 charts, it is an impressive #32. Not bad for a song not getting Top 40 airplay!

Oh yeah, I should point out that there is a WHOLE forum dedicated to chart and sales info.!! It's the "Peeling Off the Dollar Bills" forum. If you post sales/chart news here, there's a chance the mods will just move the thread anyway.

Interesting facts:

-This is their first #1 on the Modern Rock charts since SATS went #1 in 1997
-This is their eighth #1 on this chart (in their entire career)
-Vertigo has already passed the results of every song off of ATYCLB with only one exception on one chart: BD went to #21 on the Hot 100 chart. Vertigo could still easily pass this mark.

Back
Top Bottom