UTEOTW Studio w/ Vox AC30 C2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
YouTube - ‪U2 Until the End of the World (Studio w/ Vox AC30 C2)‬‏

My fourth and final attempt at UTEOTW, this time I was aiming for the studio version. It does have bits of the live versions in the performance too, which I think makes it unique.

From the YouTube description:

I've made several attempts to re-create this incredible rocker from 'Achtung Baby' and have been dissatisfied... until now. I got a Vox AC30 in April and have finally found a chance to use it here. Great amp for "Edge tones". This is the most accurate representation of UTEOTW I have done so far. My LP went straight into my Digitech WH4 Whammy (which was not used at all) and that ran into my L6 M13 with all my effects coming from there and that ran directly into my AC30. Effects used on the M13 will be decscribed below.

A short bit about the AC30. It's the C2 model, the most recent AC30 from Vox, and is made in China. I have to admit this is the best amp I've played through. Great overall tone and response. It loves effects, which is obviously why Edge loves his, and it puts out GREAT volume. Too much for the house. It sounds 10x's better than my AC4, which I still have btw and still love. Just a great amp and you can expect my summer to be spent doing videos with it.

As for the effects, I used a Reverb coming first in chain on my M13. Just used a slight bit and added a hint more reverb in Garageband later. After Reverb I used a Digital Delay w/ Mod from the M13. Just a slight bit in the mix, not too much, not too little. Delay was set to 418 ms. I then used two different TS9 Screamers on the M13 for the main riff & solo sound and then a different one for the verse sound. For the whole song except on the solo, I used a Boost Comp to beef up the sound and on the solo I used a Blue Comp w/ Treble (basically a Boss Compressor) on the M13 to give the solo that "ripping" sound.

All in all, this is one of my favorite covers and one I'm most proud of. I shot the video on my Android cell phone so it's not exactly quality when compared to my other videos. Wanted to try something different ya know? More videos coming up this summer! :D

Just a few constructive thoughts...

Work on your timing a bit on the main riff. It's off a bit in places. Just being constructive here. Your playing is good and you are on the right track.

Try the Tube Drive for the main riff.

And perhaps the boost/comp on the solo with the TS9 patch from the m13.

The big outro needs more balls. Perhaps the tubedrive and a comp/boost.

Just a few thoughts.

Just a few constructive thoughts...

Work on your timing a bit on the main riff. It's off a bit in places. Just being constructive here. Your playing is good and you are on the right track.

Try the Tube Drive for the main riff.

And perhaps the boost/comp on the solo with the TS9 patch from the m13.

The big outro needs more balls. Perhaps the tubedrive and a comp/boost.

Just a few thoughts.

Thank you Edge_Orchestra! Always good to have some constructive criticsm. I'm always looking to improve and take people's feedback all the time. I was thinking that something a bit stronger would have been better for the main riff. I'll try those effects when I get home.

So... main riff: Tube Drive
Solo: TS9 w/ Boost Comp
Outro: Tube Drive w/ Boost Comp

Back
Top Bottom