Ushuaia, Argentina Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:sigh: I hate to rain on your parade, but I simply must be pedantic here. After all, I am the resident astronomy nerd. :nerd: Ahem.

No matter how powerful the LHC thinks it is, there is no machine that can be contained and powered by anything on earth that will create a black hole big enough to cause any damage. Besides the fact that the black hole, if it is created, will be an environment that will not support its existence, i.e. it will have nothing to feed on. Therefore, it cannot swallow half of Europe/the planet/ the solar system/whatever.

So please, let the collider do its stuff and get over the black hole nonsense. It is not a danger to the planet, otherwise, it wouldn't have been built.

*gets off soapbox*

Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing that all bloody day.

I have assignments I don't want to hand in. Could you please send a note to science telling it to change the rules just a little bit so that the LHC WILL create a black hole that will swallow the earth? I'd like that.

Shame I can't pick a theological debate with any of you lot.

Google Ad:

Our Blue Ball - Australia
The Earth-friendly directory pages. List your business for free now !

Blue Ball? I don't think they thought that name's connotations through quite far enough.

:sigh: I hate to rain on your parade, but I simply must be pedantic here. After all, I am the resident astronomy nerd. :nerd: Ahem.

No matter how powerful the LHC thinks it is, there is no machine that can be contained and powered by anything on earth that will create a black hole big enough to cause any damage. Besides the fact that the black hole, if it is created, will be an environment that will not support its existence, i.e. it will have nothing to feed on. Therefore, it cannot swallow half of Europe/the planet/ the solar system/whatever.

So please, let the collider do its stuff and get over the black hole nonsense. It is not a danger to the planet, otherwise, it wouldn't have been built.

*gets off soapbox*

Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing that all bloody day.

I wasn't serious, you know. I know it's not possible. If it was, there's no way it would have been authorised to run if there was a risk like that. People are just stupid and moronic and like to make something out of nothing.

If you ask me, I got some major lulz out of it. But I can see how tiring it would be for people to be geniunely worried and flipping out on you.

I have assignments I don't want to hand in. Could you please send a note to science telling it to change the rules just a little bit so that the LHC WILL create a black hole that will swallow the earth? I'd like that.
I could, but astrophysics won't listen to me! Planetary science and cosmology have open minds, but that damn astrophysics is so stubborn! I don't think i could ever get it to change its mind.

I could, but astrophysics won't listen to me! Planetary science and cosmology have open minds, but that damn astrophysics is so stubborn! I don't think i could ever get it to change its mind.

Are you telling me astrophysics cannot be persuaded with chocolate, bribed with money, or compelled by an overwhelming display of nuclear-armed military force? :ohmy:

Bernard: There may have been an... incident, involving a hand and a kitchen appliance, and maybe the hand was Manny's and maybe the appliance was a sandwich toaster, and maybe I introduced them to each other.

Bernard: What do they want from me? Why can't they leave me alone? I mean, what do they want from me?
Manny: They want to buy books.
Bernard: Yeah but why me? Why do they come to me?
Manny: Well, because you sell books.
Bernard: Yeah, I know... but...

[Questions on Bernard's tax return form]
Bernard:'If you live in a council flat...beside a river...but are not blind... - WHAT?!?! What is your mother's maiden name'? What's her first name?! I just knew her as 'Ma'! Ma. That'll have to do.
[Writing it in]
Bernard: 'Ma... Possibly deceased'.

Are you telling me astrophysics cannot be persuaded with chocolate, bribed with money, or compelled by an overwhelming display of nuclear-armed military force? :ohmy:
Not even then. Astrophysics is set in stone and is governed by its own laws.

I posted this earlier. Serena and Reggo may enjoy it. U2's upcoming world tour:

It's summer in the Northern Hemisphere. The days are long, the sun is out occasionally, and pasty Irishmen are doing their best whale impressions on the beach. This can mean only one thing: U2 are finally going to tour!

ANNHILATION TOUR: THE I <3 MY YACHT LEG

2009-05-30: Public rehearsal, Bono's beach house, Eze
2009-06-01: Port of Nice
2009-06-02: Port of Nice
2009-06-04: Marina in Antibes
2009-06-06: Marina in Cannes
2009-06-07: Guest appearance at the Cannes Film Festival before the debut showing of U2 3D II: Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein
2009-06-09: Bayside in Agay
2009-06-11: Port of Toulon
2009-06-12: Port of Toulon
2009-06-14: Port of Marseille
2009-06-15: Port of Marseille
2009-06-17: Harbour of Martigues
2009-06-19: Etang de Perols, near Montpellier
2009-06-20: Beachside at Sete
2009-06-22: Up the River Herault in central Agde
Edge's beloved yacht then gets stranded in the Herault. U2, unfazed, buy much wine from a riverside bottleshop and toast their successful world tour.

Not even then. Astrophysics is set in stone and is governed by its own laws.

Astrophysics clearly has much power. I should befriend it and send it after my lecturers to make them give me H1s for doing nothing.

WHICH REMINDS ME, REGGO MUST SEE BONNIE'S PICTURE OF U2 IF THEY HAD QUIT IN 1990.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom