Usa, Oita, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always turn mine off when I am away from it for any more than a couple hours. I don't see the point in keeping it on. Especially given that my internet at home doesn't hold out on idle for more than twenty minutes and there's no way to switch it or turn that feature off.

Same here, besides that, it's a waste of energy to keep it on so it's better for the environment and my moneyz to turn it off!

:hmm: Or, I might just get over there. That weather sounds great!

:shifty: I don't mind cold temperatures at night, as long as I am with someone who can keep me warm.

Yeah, most of October's had pretty decent weather, though sometimes a bit too high in the 20s for my liking. I'm sure next month, it'll heat up more. :(

Cold temperatures at night are made of SuperWin.

Craving chinese food! :lol:
Lobster fried rice sounds so good right now. :drool:

It's pretty damn bad. One would think that after eating chinese for three days in a row you'd get sick of it. But it just makes me crave it even more!
The pak choi was even better than the chinese cabbage, and the chickenwings I made with it were made of win too! :drool:

Tomorrow I'll eat pizza, but I haven't got anything planned for saturday yet.. my sister and a friend will be over, :shifty: perhaps we can get chinese.

Yes, the colour. My roots are coming out so bad, I need to figure out what I want to do with it. I am thinking about just colouring it back to my normal colour and not fooling with it anymore! But I think I look so much better blonde.

Yeah, I think the blonde's probably better ... have you thought of doing another colour, though?

Yeah, most of October's had pretty decent weather, though sometimes a bit too high in the 20s for my liking. I'm sure next month, it'll heat up more. :(

Cold temperatures at night are made of SuperWin.

:hmm: Well it would be nice to spend the spring and summer here, and then fall and winter at the southern hemisphere.
However, do you guys get snow? :hmm:

Cold temperatures at night are very nice. :shifty:

Ah, right.

I find it far more convenient when I get back to have it already on. Usually I leave it to download something, and a couple of computer guys have told me that it really tends to be best to just leave the computer on in standby rather than shutting it down all the time, at least if you're somebody like me who's going to be using it shitloads anyway.
Really? I'm not sure I've heard that one before.

I'm very hesitant about leaving a computer on standby because that's how my PC died. Or well, how I discovered it was dead. I put it on standby while I went to take a shower and then when I came back to use it, it wouldn't work anymore.

Same here, besides that, it's a waste of energy to keep it on so it's better for the environment and my moneyz to turn it off!

I conserve so much power with everything else (seriously, I only have four things ALWAYS plugged in: computer, fridge, fish tank, and the clock radio in my bedroom) that I figure I'm not exactly doing much harm leaving my computer on. Like I unplug all the stuff in my kitchen or lounge unless I'm actually using it. The computer's the one thing I use near-constantly, so it gets to stay on.

It's pretty damn bad. One would think that after eating chinese for three days in a row you'd get sick of it. But it just makes me crave it even more!
The pak choi was even better than the chinese cabbage, and the chickenwings I made with it were made of win too! :drool:

Tomorrow I'll eat pizza, but I haven't got anything planned for saturday yet.. my sister and a friend will be over, :shifty: perhaps we can get chinese.
I could live on chinese food, seriously. I never, ever get sick of it. I had so much of it when my mum's money from our grandmother came in. The guy who regularly delivers knows me very well. He always waves when he sees me in the restaurant. Could have something to do with how I tip him a few bucks though. :lol:

:hmm: Well it would be nice to spend the spring and summer here, and then fall and winter at the southern hemisphere.
However, do you guys get snow? :hmm:

Cold temperatures at night are very nice. :shifty:

There are parts of Victoria that get snow, like the Dandenong "mountains" outside Melbourne. Melbourne last had snow in the city in 1951, and sleet in 1986. Personally, in an ideal world, I'd spend six months of the year in New Zealand and six months in, say, Norway. I once discovered a university in the Arctic Circle in Norway and thought it'd be rockin' to teach history there!

Yeah, I think the blonde's probably better ... have you thought of doing another colour, though?

I've considered it but my hair is so dark that it pretty much requires bleach to get anything to show up on it. I once dyed it red but you couldn't really tell.

I could live on chinese food, seriously. I never, ever get sick of it. I had so much of it when my mum's money from our grandmother came in. The guy who regularly delivers knows me very well. He always waves when he sees me in the restaurant. Could have something to do with how I tip him a few bucks though. :lol:

:drool: oooh, so if we go have a harem convention, we'd have chinese food all the way! I hope Ax likes it tho.

I conserve so much power with everything else (seriously, I only have four things ALWAYS plugged in: computer, fridge, fish tank, and the clock radio in my bedroom) that I figure I'm not exactly doing much harm leaving my computer on. Like I unplug all the stuff in my kitchen or lounge unless I'm actually using it. The computer's the one thing I use near-constantly, so it gets to stay on.

Yea true, and you obviously use it more than we do. But I get over 9 hours of sleep a night so I turn mine off :wink:

Really? I'm not sure I've heard that one before.

I'm very hesitant about leaving a computer on standby because that's how my PC died. Or well, how I discovered it was dead. I put it on standby while I went to take a shower and then when I came back to use it, it wouldn't work anymore.

Yeah, this one guy was explaining to me that it really wasn't a problem how long I keep my computer on for, because turning on the power sends a sudden jolt into the computer that can wear down the power components, while leaving it on keeps the power level. No idea if that's an idea with wide support.

Yeah, this one guy was explaining to me that it really wasn't a problem how long I keep my computer on for, because turning on the power sends a sudden jolt into the computer that can wear down the power components, while leaving it on keeps the power level. No idea if that's an idea with wide support.

That's true, it costs more energy to turn it off and on than to keep it on standbye for.. 4 or 5 hours I think it was. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom