US Stadium Tour in 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BuckleThis

Babyface
A few weeks back, i received a survey via e-mail from Clear Channel asking all kinds of questions such as "If U2 were to tour stadiums this summer, would you go?" and quizzing me on what range of prices i would be willing to pay for tickets. Clear Channel controls most large venues in the U.S. and has been U2's promoter of record in the past. Anyone heard anything else along these lines?

Hopefully you said $15 for what you'd pay.....none of this hundreds of dollars stuff!

BuckleThis said:
A few weeks back, i received a survey via e-mail from Clear Channel asking all kinds of questions such as "If U2 were to tour stadiums this summer, would you go?" and quizzing me on what range of prices i would be willing to pay for tickets. Clear Channel controls most large venues in the U.S. and has been U2's promoter of record in the past. Anyone heard anything else along these lines?

not gonna happen...:huh:

new album isn't out yet and they never start tours in the summer here in the US... It is always spring when their tours start...

It would be nice for U2 to share the stadium "love" wiht the US, rather than just the rest of the world.

(I am sick to death of seeing U2 in stadiums, in Australian summers no less...... :grumpy: )

U2 is taking a break after making music for spiderman on broadway.

You wont get anything in march unless they end up doing different legs where they start off in europe outside.....

They only gave multiple choice, overinflated options for the ticket prices, but, believe me, i picked the cheapest ones. Who the heck would not pick the cheapest ones?? Strange way to format a survey.

I'm guessing it's Clear Channel's way of coming up with a plan to throw at the band, in hopes of enticing them to be their annual big summer stadium client, moreso than any expressed intertest from the band themselves.

We can dream.... :rockon:

at least we know that they're planning on a stadium tour in the US...

can you say "live from Giant Stadium" ?

They should do a mini tour in stadiums with The Police. I think this should happen for selfish reasons, but how could that double bill NOT sell out stadiums across the United States?
They could switch off who opens for who, and maybe even play a few songs together (Invisible Sun, Giants Stadium, 1986 anyone?).
Or if not The Police, how about BRUUUUUCE? That tour would be an unstoppable force.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
They should do a mini tour in stadiums with The Police. I think this should happen for selfish reasons, but how could that double bill NOT sell out stadiums across the United States?
They could switch off who opens for who, and maybe even play a few songs together (Invisible Sun, Giants Stadium, 1986 anyone?).
Or if not The Police, how about BRUUUUUCE? That tour would be an unstoppable force.

hahahaha now that is FUNNY!! :lol:

Ifeelnumb84 said:

Police? God no...

Maybe Bruce, but The Police on tour again is just a sad we need more money reunion tour...

How about a U2/Led Zeppelin show? I really doubt Zeppelin would want to co-headline, but that would be a great show. Yeah, if U2 and Bruce got together in Jersey this summer, I guarantee it would set a record for fastest stadium sellout ever and displace the silliness of Hannah Montana.

norsehorse23 said:
How about a U2/Led Zeppelin show? I really doubt Zeppelin would want to co-headline, but that would be a great show. Yeah, if U2 and Bruce got together in Jersey this summer, I guarantee it would set a record for fastest stadium sellout ever and displace the silliness of Hannah Montana.
As long as you're okay with U2 opening for Zep :wink:

Back
Top Bottom