US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping it’s a bluff.

GQP talked about impeaching Biden every day leading up to them getting the house (tho maybe they’re saving it for 2024)

If it’s not a bluff, can’t imagine the long term consequences are good for the WI republicans.

When I finally watched the "incident," I was shocked at how minor it was. Every other play in an NBA game has something worse than that.

And Clark had used that gesture previously against Louisville (and no outrage ensued) in regional final, so was just giving her a taste of her own medicine.
The outrage came about because a black player did it to a white player. Pathetic (the outrage).

And Clark had used that gesture previously against Louisville (and no outrage ensued) in regional final, so was just giving her a taste of her own medicine.
The outrage came about because a black player did it to a white player. Pathetic (the outrage).

Yes indeed, that's why it matters-the racist double standard. It's a very symbolic situation, especially symbolic of the way things still are in 2023.

I don't know if that's quite accurate just yet, but
Hell, yeah!!!!! on more people fighting back at the voting booth!

Maybe it will dwindle down eventually to 15% - 20% hard core?

As said elsewhere they like him particularly for the people he dislikes and hates; most Black & POC, particularly smart, independent women, poor people, immigrants of color, progressive religious & spiritual people, people he can't manipulate, etc

Last edited:
Yes indeed, that's why it matters-the racist double standard. It's a very symbolic situation, especially symbolic of the way things still are in 2023.

I want to state that I don't think this was THAT big of a deal. I will also share bias in that I'm from Iowa, root for Iowa athletics, and was so close to getting that national championship.

Clark can be a showboat. She's done it in Big10 conference, and she's done it in the NCAA.

Against Louisville, she did the hand gesture. Against South Carolina, she kinda flicked her hand towards the guard saying "I don't care that you're 15' open, you can't make it".

Trash talking is basically a part of the game. What Reece did was a little more in your face than anything Clark has done all season. She called her out on the FT line, she followed her around the court after the game. That's all on Reece and Clark didn't seem to upset by it.

It was everyone else. Is there a double standard? Yes, I think it's more sexist than racist though (though the racists came out). Men can jaw, step over people, literally fight with one another and it's just part of the game. I suppose we expect women to act to a higher standard.

Biden should have not suggested having Iowa come in to share the spotlight. Really dumb, and reeks of "participation trophy". The winners go. Biden apologized, and Reece continues to jaw away by saying she won't accept it, and they'll go hang with Michelle and Barrak. Like they really want this attention??

The biggest issue of the game wasn't their trash talking / gesturing. It was the refs ;)

(CNN)Environmental lawyer and anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for president in 2024 as a Democrat.

The filing was confirmed Wednesday by his campaign treasurer, John E. Sullivan.

The 69-year-old is the son of former New York senator, US attorney general and assassinated 1968 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy and the nephew of the late President John F. Kennedy.

He’s right, of course, but I won’t normalize the likes of Michael Steele.

(CNN)Environmental lawyer and anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for president in 2024 as a Democrat.

The 69-year-old is the son of former New York senator, US attorney general and assassinated 1968 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy and the nephew of the late President John F. Kennedy.

Great, another too old entitled white dude in the race, just what this country is clamoring for.
(Ans you'd think he'd realize the Kennedy name has no cache anymore with anyone under 80 years old)

Great, another too old entitled white dude in the race, just what this country is clamoring for.
(Ans you'd think he'd realize the Kennedy name has no cache anymore with anyone under 80 years old)

Also an anti vaxxer, I think he's probably taking advantage of those sentiments right now. Has promoted some conspiracy theories too.

People can have any personal opinion about vaccines that they choose to have, and therefore make their own personal choices about them. But I don't want a President who spouts that stuff, especially with who knows what pandemic could be coming in the not so distant future.

That genital inspection thing can't be for real, but oh yeah this is the "greatest country in the world" in 2023.

Can't imagine any parent going along with that

I smell impeachment!

agreed. it's an absolute no brainer. let's take a look at the house majority, seeing as they would be the ones who would have to impeach Thomas...

marjorietaylorgreeneandkevinmccarthy.png

... welp, nevermind.

Good for him. The guy has no shot. But among many other things, our politics could use a big dose of traditional Kennedy-style liberalism.

Hell, even Teddy-style. Maybe especially like Teddy.

Days gone by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom