US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet every other poll would indicate the same thing.

Open SmartNews and read "Post-indictment poll: Trump surges to largest-ever lead over DeSantis" here: https://l.smartnews.com/p-uk5pT/6w26ty

To read it on the web, tap here: https://l.smartnews.com/p-Z8U5X/6w26ty

I'm not so sure about lone wolf, the DA is reportedly being inundated with racist emails and death threats. Such as "we are everywhere and we have guns" .

It truly is frightening how far gone these people are. And it shows the real manipulative powers of a narcissist.
It got quite frightening just with Drumpf "giving permission" to all the horrible racists, sexist, bigots, etc, to spew their hatreds from the get go vs hiding under their rocks. Then add that extra nasty, Neo-Nazi, white power, etc, March in ? Charlottesville, SC.
Scary before but wasn't that the first mass gathering?

Currently it's disgusting, but not unexpected for DA Bragg to have that threatened upon him. If DA Willis gets an indictment, NYS GA Letticia James and Jack Smith, too.
At least with Jack Smith he dealt with the Serbian War Criminals - really tough stuff.

It was not, no! We lucked out big time in my area - we were under a tornado watch, but all we ultimately got was a bit of rain and some thunder that lasted, like, a half hour at most. Now we're under a winter weather advisory, because what even is spring in Iowa :p?

The stories coming out of the storms that hit eastern Iowa, though...:(.

As for the main topic, I know what I'm hoping for and would love to see in relation to all of this stuff with Trump, but ultimately, if this could just lead to him disappearing somewhere where the rest of us never had to hear, see, or deal with him ever again, that'd be fine with me.

And if he could take his cult followers and the GOP as a whole with him as well, all the better.

Won't happen, of course, but a girl can dream...
Thank goodness your area was ok.! I though from the map I saw quickly you were perhaps northwest of it. Sorry to hear about destruction elsewhere.
I hear you about the weather. We have had a very unusual NYC winter very little snow, even with climate change effects. The latest snowfall I've ever seen was ?April 16th about 6-7 yrs back.
[Ah, how nice - "Gloria" just came my Fordham U college radio station - where played NLOTH Live]

The band Suicide: "Let me dream, if I want to.". :up:
I know that area somewhat where those courthouses are in Foley SQ north east of our City Hall, west of Chinatown. I was tempted to go down on Tues but was pointed out crowds would be kept 4-5 blocks away. Not like I'd see anything; but it's historic, and I hate that sewage bag of a "man".
For once in his life, he's gotten an indictment. Teflon Don finally has a worn out section. Here's to more! Someday we won't hear much about him etc. Imagine being a NYC'r in this case having to hear about him. He was even relatively close the river (Hudson) in Bedminster, NJ. at his Golf club. Blargh

We've always looked upon regimes like the Nazis and similar and thought how absurd it is/was that a country could end up like that, yet we seem to be spiraling towards similar here now. It's mind blowing.

It certainly seems like it at times. Hopefully the Repuglicans will be defeated in 2024, and we fake back The House, and keep The Senate (though I've heard it might be challenging, and I haven't dived in on the details yet as to who's up for reelection, etc).

There's an organization that tracks Democratic, and Authoritarian Governments around the world (think it from Britain).
The also have a category called an "Anocracy". A term I'd never heard till last year.

From Dictionary.com
noun, plural a·noc·ra·cies
government that is a hybrid of democracy and autocracy, often as a transitional phase when one of these forms of government takes on characteristics of the other:
Political scientists noted significant democratic reforms in the traditionally authoritarian regime’s evolution to anocracy.

In this case they declared while Drumpf was in office that the USA was now an anocracy.
It is scary but I certainly have hope we can overcome this.
History has also shown us swerves, twists, and turns. I will will try to do my little part to keep our imperfect Democracy, and improve it.

Last edited:
NBC News

Former President Donald Trump raised more than $4 million in the 24 hours after news of his indictment in Manhattan became public, according to figures released by his campaign Friday.

The Trump campaign said that more than 25% of the donations came from first-time donors to the former president, "further solidifying President Trump’s status as the clear frontrunner in the Republican primary."

The guy who lives around the corner from me who always flies 2 Trump flags had a new one up by Friday:

Trump 2024
The Rules Have Changed

Clearly a new product to fleece the rubes out of another $50.

Hasn't flown his Trump/Desantis 2024 flag in quite a while however. That one was money well spent, :lol:

Again - how did theses asshole NOT sell MAGA masks????

Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to know why it's ok for people to call her racist and antisemitic but it's not ok for her to call Democrats pedophiles.

Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to know why it's ok for people to call her racist and antisemitic but it's not ok for her to call Democrats pedophiles.

From what I could tell, she was making the unassailable point that Democrats support gender-affirming care which sexualizes children by chopping their genitals off, which is just the way pedos like them.

Say what you will about MTG, libs. Her logic is sound and not at all a bunch of words strung together. Cry harder.

real motorcades typically stop at red lights.

and heads of state usually wait on the tarmac at relatively small airports for the right away to take off.

everything this fraud does is scripted bullshit - and the media fucking falls for it every time.

i can't wait for his "motorcade" to be stuck in rush hour traffic on the grand central.

They should put him in jail with no bail based on the possibility that he'll incite violence.

No one should doubt the significance that The Passion of Our Don is happening Easter Week.

I'd say they should nail him to a cross on Friday but I don't think he'd hold because he's fat and his hands are too tiny.

Trump is very much like Christ in that he's the one taking on the sins of the world so we can all be forgiven.....He is standing up to the Woke Empire

We just need to believe in him.....and send $ to cover his court costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom