US Politics XXXVI: Special Masters of our Domain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaking that DOJ / FBI are asking questions about Trump having documents in NY and NJ seems like a means to allow him enough time to move his shit out before a warrant is served.

Leaking that DOJ / FBI are asking questions about Trump having documents in NY and NJ seems like a means to allow him enough time to move his shit out before a warrant is served.
And perhaps that's the point.

You don't think the government has eyes on the properties they think he's storing shit for exactly this reason?

Your paranoia is getting the best of you.

Gotta understand that the DOJ is handling this case much like they’d handle taking down a mob boss. They won’t arrest unless the case is air tight. They also know that if they arrest now, they’ll never find the rest of the missing documents at Trump’s properties. Trunk is such an idiot that he’s bound to give away the location and if he doesn’t, someone in his circle that does not want to be indicted will.

The video of the exploding bridge in Crimea is some legit “Red Dawn” stuff.
Caught it as news had come in. Then more and videos!
The close one was pretty wild. It was a beautiful thing.

And some very funny memes followed that. :lol:

If I remember correctly - they can't drive into Crimea bc some section was damaged enough for weigh bearing issues IF not worse.

Speculations as to what actually happened. Artillery too far away. (HMR's?)
Bridge had a lot of security.
Possibly a boat drone was used as someone said the way some of the rail bridge area looked somewhat "lifted up" thus explosive force emenating from below.

Happy Birthday, Vladdy! :cake: : party: W0000t! :applaud:

https://twitter.com/cbsnewspoll/status/1579111814138597376?s=46&t=OQpNhHklV8fqWOXciVtVFg

https://twitter.com/cbsnewspoll/status/1579111818492280838?s=46&t=OQpNhHklV8fqWOXciVtVFg

It’s not fair in some aspects. The media does Dems no favors with how they repeat GQP talking points, or invite them on shows with no pushback.

But Defund the Police was the stupidest and most harmful slogan i can remember in politics.

And it’s particularly damaging for Black candidates. And particularly given how middle class POC want more police, actually. They just want them to be better and to stop shooting unarmed people.

Defund is a young white progressive fantasy hatched in academia (and I love academia, but they do not serve us weep in this political moment) and not rooted in much of anything.

It still boggles the mind that we have the GQP voting record on all policies and they vote against everything

Mental health
Crime / police funding
Gun laws
Healthcare
Infrastructure
Budgets

The only thing both sides seem to agree on is Defense, no surprise.

Yet they are presented as a equal of the other side who is actually passing legislation that helps people (even if it’s not 100% perfect)

Trump's lawyer testified today and gave up the name of whoever told her to falsely sign a statement saying there were no documents at the Magalago.

Trump's lawyer testified today and gave up the name of whoever told her to falsely sign a statement saying there were no documents at the Magalago.

She said it was Corcoran, so Trump is 2 layers deep from any liability as usual.

Ok, So I was thinking about something and wanted to see what you guys thought. Over the last 6 years, the polling has been a bit messy, and it pretty much seemed like you had to add at least three points or more to republican in any poll for it to reflect reality.

I'm wondering if this may have flipped this cycle... A few things that make me think this.

- Independents are not always well represented in polls accurately as a percentage of registered voters. This time around this group is moved by abortion, and repub extremism/threat to democracy.

- Young voters. Yeah, I know, I know. But young participation has grown over the last several cycles as politics has gotten entwined in every day life. The largest increase in voter registration after Dobbs, was 18 to 30 year old women, followed by 18-30 year old men. And regular polling methods don't always pick up a good representation of the youth vote.

- Shame of Trump and personal shittiness is gone. They always would say that people would lie on the polling because they didn't want to admit they would vote for Trump. These were probably middle/right Repubs that had some sense and some small thread of decency, but still deep down liked that racist/take em out on a stretcher talk.
Now? Hell, there's no more shame or hiding. these cult freaks are everywhere and flaunt it. I don't see the same Trump shame curve on the polling anymore, or at least not as pronounced.

- Republican women. Yes, there will be republican women, probably sub-40's, middle to middle upper class, that may tic some boxes for Dems when their husband is in the next booth drawing a big hairy dick on the bottom of his ballot with the caption, Suck my balls Brandon!!! BUT they would probably never say it to a pollster.

Put these factors together, and lets just say each factor garners 1% more Dem vote at the voting booth than on the polling. It would be a massive shift and historical election.

We had the kansas vote and two or three special elections where the result was a surprising victory for the left. Who knows.

What do u think?

I hope all you say is true, and Dobbs is a big deal and the GOO is a lunatic cult, but:

1. The party in power almost always loses in the first midterm
2. Inflation is bad and gas is expensive
3. Biden is 10pts underwater

I don’t see how these fundamentals are overcome … yet we’ve never had a political party like the current GOP. So … ?

Ok, So I was thinking about something and wanted to see what you guys thought. Over the last 6 years, the polling has been a bit messy, and it pretty much seemed like you had to add at least three points or more to republican in any poll for it to reflect reality.

I'm wondering if this may have flipped this cycle... A few things that make me think this.

- Independents are not always well represented in polls accurately as a percentage of registered voters. This time around this group is moved by abortion, and repub extremism/threat to democracy.

- Young voters. Yeah, I know, I know. But young participation has grown over the last several cycles as politics has gotten entwined in every day life. The largest increase in voter registration after Dobbs, was 18 to 30 year old women, followed by 18-30 year old men. And regular polling methods don't always pick up a good representation of the youth vote.

- Shame of Trump and personal shittiness is gone. They always would say that people would lie on the polling because they didn't want to admit they would vote for Trump. These were probably middle/right Repubs that had some sense and some small thread of decency, but still deep down liked that racist/take em out on a stretcher talk.
Now? Hell, there's no more shame or hiding. these cult freaks are everywhere and flaunt it. I don't see the same Trump shame curve on the polling anymore, or at least not as pronounced.

- Republican women. Yes, there will be republican women, probably sub-40's, middle to middle upper class, that may tic some boxes for Dems when their husband is in the next booth drawing a big hairy dick on the bottom of his ballot with the caption, Suck my balls Brandon!!! BUT they would probably never say it to a pollster.

Put these factors together, and lets just say each factor garners 1% more Dem vote at the voting booth than on the polling. It would be a massive shift and historical election.

We had the kansas vote and two or three special elections where the result was a surprising victory for the left. Who knows.

What do u think?

i think you underestimate the hidden trump/gop vote. i think it still exists and is very real.

i think the biggest problem the democrats face is that there are a lot of middle aged people who only care about politics when it's time to vote - and may have voted for biden because they were tired of trump's antics, especially during the pandemic, but don't necessarily connect trump/january 6 with the larger republican party and/or don't see the GOP as an actual threat to democracy.

i know a couple of people who were happy to rid the world of trump in november of 2020 and then a year later pulled that red lever for youngkin in virginia - mostly over delayed school reopenings

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom