US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, it's actually you and the others like you that literally obsess about trump 24/7 and buy into show trials in hopes that it distracts from the fact that the Dems have been disastrous the last couple of years.

I don't follow trump. I voted third party in 2016 and 2020 and wish he'd just go away. Nice try tho.

So you don't think Trump trying to stage a coup to overthrow an election is something that Americans should have high interest in? Or would it have taken someone like Mike Pence to actually get murdered for this to be serious to you?

This is why the committee exists. If you don't have any accountability for this, it won't stop the next person. What if Trump were to run and lose again?

See, it's actually you and the others like you that literally obsess about trump 24/7 and buy into show trials in hopes that it distracts from the fact that the Dems have been disastrous the last couple of years.

I don't follow trump. I voted third party in 2016 and 2020 and wish he'd just go away. Nice try tho.

No I don't literally do that, but nice try. I just don't want that lying narcissistic treasonous insurrectionist pos to be President again. And I want to him to be held legally accountable for his crimes.

It's not a "show trial", seems like plenty of evidence to me.

All of this is very uncomfortable.

This has all been bubbling under the surface for nearly 40 years, and Trump released it. We are literally having a debate over whether a 10 year old girl getting pregnant is rape, or having her give birth is ethical. A 10 year old that's pregnant is rape, there's no consent. There's no silver lining or lesson learned for this girl.

What does one party want to do? Force her to give birth. Call the doctor out who performed the health service, putting her life in danger. And lastly, propose laws to make it illegal for women to travel and get an abortion, no matter the reason.

This is just one topic.

How about marriage equality? One side wants to ban same sex and interracial.
How about gun laws? One side wants everyone to own a gun, no restrictions. Ever.
Climate change? One side wants more fossil fuels.
Voting rights....
Healthcare...

We are seeing one party completely abandon any form of democracy and decency. There is no going back, either they win or they don't. We have to hope for the latter, or generations will be subject to terror and suffering . And for what?

I think the most disgusting thing is that the conversation ont he right shifted from “the 10-year old story is a lie” to “illegal immigrants are monsters and Joe Biden is letting them in by the thousands” in like half a news cycle.

I think the most disgusting thing is that the conversation ont he right shifted from “the 10-year old story is a lie” to “illegal immigrants are monsters and Joe Biden is letting them in by the thousands” in like half a news cycle.

That's what they always do, because they never admit mistakes or apologize for anything. Deflect deflect deflect.

It sickens me beyond words that anyone would treat a 10 year old girl that way. I heard that pos Tucker said it was a lie, right?

Her life doesn't matter, apparently. They arrested the person who raped her, didn't they?

The person delivering the most damning facts about what actually happened is quite literally the single most conservative Republican in all of Congress.

This alone is how I know your "oh I vote third party" line is horseshit.

I'd love for him to go away, too. But it's hard for that to happen when one party continues to enable him and there's actual legitimate conversation about him possibly running again, and when the rest of the GOP emulates his policies and his hideously offensive, grotesque manner of running things.

That's why we "literally obsess about Trump 24/7". Because he's still got a stranglehold on his party, aka one of the two major parties in this country, and as a result, the country, by extension, is still feeling the effects of his time in office (you did recently see the news about the rather significant rulings the Supreme Court made, right? Rulings that were able to happen thanks in part to Trump being able to appoint judges that helped swing the court to the right? Yeah).

If people on the right (or "third party" types like you) are tired of us on the left "obsessing" about him, instead of bitching to us, why not instead help us tell the GOP to dump his ass once and for all, and help us kick out every single Republican who's emulating Trump and all his worst qualities? 'Cause that would send a much bigger message and be a hell of a lot more effective an action than yelling at us will. Try putting the health of the country over their personal preferences for once, and put their effort towards voting to get more Democrats in power so they actually have a proper majority that can allow them to get shit done for once.

I understand the want for Trump to be charged by DOJ, and I understand the first that there's plenty of evidence out there to do so - as there is, and only the most ardent Trump sheep could deny that there is.

Alas - when they do move, it has to be with the knowledge that they have an air tight case.

There is still the lingering "he can't be guilty if he actually believes this shit" defense.

Now he can still be found guilty without that smoking gun that proves that Trump knew it was all bullshit and did it anyways. But from DOJ's perspective - if they arrest him and he's found not guilty? His power grows stronger.

You only get one chance here. You can't blow it.

Maybe we'll see some action on Tuesday the 26th...

Yep. This. All of this.

The person delivering the most damning facts about what actually happened is quite literally the single most conservative Republican in all of Congress.

This alone is how I know your "oh I vote third party" line is horseshit.
Lol! Of course the most arrogant person on this forum knows more about me and my voting habits than even I do!

Thanks for the laugh once again. I can try to answer some other questions that have been posed to me after my dr.s appointment, work, kids and other projects, but I certainly don't get into feeling the need to defend myself against an Internet troll.

Lol! Of course the most arrogant person on this forum knows more about me and my voting habits than even I do!

Thanks for the laugh once again. I can try to answer some other questions that have been posed to me after my dr.s appointment, work, kids and other projects, but I certainly don't get into feeling the need to defend myself against an Internet troll.

:up: sure

When Biden was running he said he would make MBS an international pariah. Um....

It was a pretty fucking stupid thing to say about an economic and military ally who we sell hundreds of billions of dollars in arms to.

Not that I condone them, it’s just not a pragmatic way around the problem. MBS is a draconic thug man-child who has five kids with his cousin. They do not share our values. You can both accept that and contest the murder of a US citizen without trying to enforce your word view on them. As shitty as it sounds, they’re still going to butcher their dissidents and marry their cousins and that’s that. Until that stops, we have a relationship of necessity, not of love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom