US Politics XXX: The type of film Donald wants to watch Ivanka in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a good, healthy presidential election.

I'm a little bit surprised with the result, and a little bit disappointed.

There's plenty to be optimistic about for the new administration and the country. Particularly if the White House and Senate (pending run-offs) are friendly competitors.

Donald Trump is insane

It's been a good, healthy presidential election.

It's been months of endless lies, malice, anger, and the encouragement of white supremacist violence. It's been as healthy as shooting up a pound of fentanyl into the heart of an infant.

Next manager of Four Seasons Total Landscaping

@DonaldJTrumpJr

70 million pissed off republicans and not one city burned to the ground.

5:27 PM · Nov 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

The park in my neighborhood has been an open air party (with almost 100% mask compliance) for the last 8 hours, with no sign of abating.

Fabulous! Thanks! :heart:

The park in my neighborhood has been an open air party (with almost 100% mask compliance) for the last 8 hours, with no sign of abating.

Oh, maaaan! Lucky you.
Now you're making me just a teeeeny bit sad, cause I wouldn't go to any of the earlier big celebrations like at Times Sq, Union Square Park etc. I guess I could have stood farther away. Ah, well.

I have had a lot of joy & laughter being on line here, at DU, on FB w family & friends, etc. :D: :heart:

TECH NOTE!
(Wow - for a few a few seconds the not Emojis from here popped up before they reverted to the blue diamonds!)

Last edited:
lol some of the celebrations in this thread are definitely Ewok-party levels of cringe, but y'all get a pass to celebrate however you want after whatever the hell that was.

the emperor is dead and the death star is blown up. it was harder than was expected, some good people were lost, and the war is far from over but this is still a massive victory. please take the time to commemorate this occasion in the traditional way, by finding your nearest stormtrooper and throwing them off a tall building.

in all seriousness though, i begged america not to fuck this up at the start of election day and even though it was way closer than anyone here wanted, your country did the right thing. it's hard for people who don't live in your country not to have a vote and just sit on the sidelines and watch it unfold when the stakes are so high even for us, so THANK YOU on behalf of your northern neighbours for putting an end to that.

stay vigilant. you have at least a four year opportunity to step on trumpism's neck and send it back to the dark caverns it came from. like i said, this victory is only one (major) battle in the war so please don't get complacent and think the job is done.

but for this weekend go party like you're a bunch of jungle teddy bears playing xylophone on the skulls of your dead enemies :up:

This is a creative, well written, funny post.

I’ve had a lot of whiskey and champagne and am heading to the White House with ATYCLB on my AirPods and a rainbow colored BLM shirt on. Feeling some major yub-nub vibes.

I can’t wait.

It's been a beautiful day indeed! I'm kicking back with a glass of wine watching all the celebrations on TV and waiting for Biden (and Harris!) to speak.

As for Trump -- "Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more!"

Can we get a Fyre Festival style documentary with every detail about the choice of Four Seasons Landscaping for that press conference?

straight from Four Seasons Total Landscaping:

"Networks don't decide elections, courts do!"

Sorry Rudy, courts don't decide elections (2000 notwithstanding), voters & votes do. Go take an elementary civics class you buffoon. And tuck in your shirt while you're at it.

FYI

Stephen Miller will no longer be in the federal government

Neither will Bill Barr

Betsy Devos

Any other horrible human being

A real fucking president is about to address the nation. Are y'all ready?

I'm watching CBS and the reporters just sound so freaking giddy. Course, I imagine part of the reason for the euphoria is that they don't have to stare at and analyze electoral maps anymore :p. But still. Everyone just sounds so relieved to be able to report on something positive. I love it.

FYI

Neither will Bill Barr

Betsy Devos

:dance: :applaud:

FYI

Neither will Bill Barr

Betsy Devos

This election has never just been about two old white men battling for the keys to the White House. I've been so offended by anyone who has attempted to simplify it as such.

As a teacher, I am fucking psyched to see Devos gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom