US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention 269er was banned under other usernames. Thanks for popping back up so I could see the connections and fix that problem (though tbh, it should've been fixed a long time ago, I admit).

what argument of any kind whatsoever did he make aside from "black guys look the same"?

just be careful.

it's way, way worse to place a "racist" label on the notion that all black people look the same to white people (who aren't being intentionally racist when they say this, it's just how things seem to them -- they're just being honest) than it was for Trayvon to have gotten killed due to a toxic mix of shocking stand-your-ground gun laws (which were *never* meant to help white people get off for shooting black people) and clearly not-racist people mistaking Trayvon for other dangerous criminals who also happen to be black (but the mistake was not made racistly).

it's very upsetting when racist comments are called racist. please think of the feelings of the one making the racist comments and observations and ask yourself if you'd like to be called a racist when you post racist things.

we could all do with being a lot nicer in here. especially to the racist posts by people who claim they didn't mean their racist comments in a racist way.

Last edited:
that's a fair point irvine. i haven't been considering the feelings of racists before calling out their racism, and have been ignorant to how dreadfully hurtful it is for a racist person to be called a racist. i really need to sort out my priorities and first consider the impact on the racist before i call them a racist for being a racist. thanks for helping me to refocus on what's really the most important thing here. :up:

As someone who mostly reads this thread, I find your explanation is either disingenuous or your post very ill timed.
2 posts after BEAL's you make your post about "spending your time on Twitter". Anyone who spends any time in this thread is aware that BEAL constantly quotes/references Twitter posts in this thread, so I'm sorry but your post definitely came across as being directed right towards BEAL. Perhaps as you later claimed that was not the case, but it sure appears that way. It may have been "obvious" to you, but not so much to me and I think a few others.

But I still like your avatar.

OK, that is fair. And crtainly better than calling me a dick while suggesting I am someone else.

All these articles claiming the only reason anyone likes Buttigieg is because he’s a white guy are fucking stupid when the oldest white guys around are supposedly still everyone’s “favorite.”

All these articles claiming the only reason anyone likes Buttigieg is because he’s a white guy are fucking stupid when the oldest white guys around are supposedly still everyone’s “favorite.”

He’s really having a week, isn’t he.

He seems, right now, like the most innately gifted politician in the field. And this is how Democrats traditionally win — through charisma (JFK, B Clinton, Obama). Republicans fall in line, Democrats fall in love.

Obviously, the reverse happened in 2016. And who knows what will happen. I haven’t a clue of who to support.

But he’s awfully good at this.

Republicans fall in line, Democrats fall in love.

Obviously, the reverse happened in 2016.

Yeah, the Republicans fell in hate.

Buttigieg is the real deal. I knew nothing about this guy, but he is a VERY gifted public speaker. Easily the best in the field.

I knew very little about Mayor Pete before I saw his CNN town hall. I was so impressed by everything about him. His answers, his intelligence, his demeanor.

He's the only candidate I've donated to. I had to, he needs to stay in this race. If he can't well that's everything that's wrong with politics.

He’s really having a week, isn’t he.

He seems, right now, like the most innately gifted politician in the field. And this is how Democrats traditionally win — through charisma (JFK, B Clinton, Obama). Republicans fall in line, Democrats fall in love.

Obviously, the reverse happened in 2016. And who knows what will happen. I haven’t a clue of who to support.

But he’s awfully good at this.

He is, which apparently also translates to morons wringing their hands over whether or not “being gay is diversity enough” when there’s women and pocs in the race. And it’s such a dumb discussion that adds nothing. These are probably the same asshats who were like “Hey Old Man Biden, you should get Stacey Abrams to be your VP so people don’t complain about you being old and white.” That’s not how representation works but go off I guess.

I for one am shocked that Joe Biden is a huge creep!

Also, Buttigieg loves waging war on the Middle East and his racist ass should be bounced immediately. If you think drone striking Islam is a strategy you need not speak another word to me.

White liberals love telling me how I need to defend our foreign policy to my friends from the Middle East. That I should tell my Palestinian friends about how these guys actually want the best for them when they bomb the fuck out of them constantly. That our hand is forced. Go fuck yourselves. America is a disease and the only way to eradicate it is a political revolution. The alternative is suicide by war and climate catastrophe.

My least favorite part of this is how the responses will be dismissive. That I'm drunk and out of pocket and not worth discussing. All written by people who still can't figure out how they lost in 2016. Absolutely unwilling to reconcile with how American liberalism has been sympathetic to fascism to a point where it is running out of control now.

But it all tracks. We got here by being mad people would dare criticize our old man from Delaware who loves back rubs and credit card companies. We can't imagine a future where we actually look to try to help human beings.

Last edited:
i agree with what you're saying. but you and i both know that political revolution isn't happening any time soon in america, the conditions aren't right for it at the moment (though i think they could be in a couple of decades). so what do you think we should do in the meantime? throwing up our hands and saying "they all suck and we refuse to participate" just hands over all the power to the other side, who obviously is more than happy to gleefully abuse it. we have to do something and that something has to be practical and effective and not just something idealistic. so what is it? (this is a genuine question)

Last edited:
Look, I'll be the first to say that I'm sick to death of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict because in my view we have a small group of people holding the rest of the world hostage in terms of geopolitics while they fight over shit land because of what's written in some old books and passed down in stories similar to the Easter bunny. I absolutely have very little patience for that part of the Middle East.

But it is a far more complex issue than "what do I tell my Palestinian friends?" Yes, Israel has essentially set up a situation that mirrors the Bantustans of South Africa and with every passing year and changing demographics things become that much more untenable. I am not even sure a two-state solution is feasible at this point, and the blame for that I largely put on Israel, because the Palestinians have not had true, unified and competent leadership, basically ever. Israel has and has instead chosen to repeatedly vote in people like Netanyahu to make the situation 100x worse. ON the other hand, there is no nation in the world, and especially not the US, who would put up with indiscriminate bombing of civilians, buses exploding, night clubs terrorized, schools terrorized. Come on - would YOU live like that and react in any other way?

That’s a lazy comment. That’s like saying every stupid, biased thing that Rachel Maddow or The Huffington Post reports is the whole left.

Fox News is a propaganda machine. Over half of its content is designed to convince, plant seed, or flat out misinform. Sure, MSNBC is similar. But the difference there is MSNBC is just smug bullshit. Fox News is a bunch of ignorance feeding ignorance.

It’s not a lazy comment. You’re a fool if you think this was an accident. It wasn’t just a “whoopsie me!” sort of thing. There is an immense, characterizable hatred of Mexican and Central American people on the right today. Sometimes it’s conscious and sometimes it’s subconscious. This was a fully conscious attempt at making a joke in some right wing troll move. I’ll be damn shocked if you tell me you’ve never heard someone refer to Latin American countries as “all those Mexican countries” or what have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom