Unpopular Music Opinions III: Friggin Cobbler Vs. The World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's great. I need to get a very high quality mp3 of that performance. Or the Austin City Limits one.

Actually I don't hate Reckoner or anything. It just bores me a bit. But I will listen to that Gnarls Barkley cover. I will give it a chance.

Is there no room for unpopular music opinions on this board???

Plenty of room LMSZoots, that's why the thread's named after me...

Wow, Reckoner boring? If you had said House of Cards or something...

I hope you are not implying House of Cards is boring. Because it is not. It is glorious.

I saw it paired with Pyramid Song last year. That was like 10-12 minutes of absolute bliss.

Here's another unpopular opinion (maybe)...

I prefer Kid A's Morning Bell to the one on Amnesiac. That one should've been replaced by Cuttooth or something.

I think that's the popular opinion.

Cuttooth is perfect as a b-side though, wouldn't have made much sense on either album.

I think that's the popular opinion.

Cuttooth is perfect as a b-side though, wouldn't have made much sense on either album.

Fits like a glove between Dollars and Cents and Like Spinning Plates, which was the original placement of the song, before it was inexplicably replaced by Hunting Bears.

:( One of my favorite artists. His voice fits the lyricism so well.

Trompe le Monde is one of the best Pixies albums.

There are four albums and two EPs. Among those releases, I find it to be in the top 2.

Don't be a dick.

too late lololololol

There are four albums and two EPs. Among those releases, I find it to be in the top 2.

Don't be a dick.

too late lololololol

You said "albums", of which there are 4. "One of the best" means more than one. It's an odd way of phrasing your sentiment.

FWIW, I also think it's their second best. Most Pixies fans I know prefer it to Bossanova, that's for sure.

My distaste for Bossanova probably also belongs in this thread. It's fine but I've never warmed to it. The combination of Trompe le Monde's dirty production and the prettiest melodies of their career makes perfect sense.

I love Bossanova and it's my second favorite. I do think Trompe Le Monde is really good, but the second half trumps it down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom