Unforgettable Fire- May 3rd-Canal Room,NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: Freefall
the place mick was suggesting....he put directions on previous page....

sketchbook? :cool:

i'll have a bit of stuff w me, too. :D

I'll be here till about 4:30 .....go home and change & get stuff....
IF I don't see a MEETING TIME FOR the RESTAURANT BEFORE I LEAVE HERE-
I'LL go to net cafe lower-midtown>TO CHECK LATER MESSAGES< where I can be down to canal in about 20 mins or so.

since no one has answered, and I was working hard on a piece of art i didn't want to leave....i've stayed longer
now 5:12ish.

gonna leave and check in mid-towm where you all are around 6:30 - 7:30

and I just got the CR's# so I'll call them & see when the show starts etc.

hopefully seeyou all soonish w/o any trouble.

Last night's show ROCKED!!!! :drool: :combust: Went 3 hours with some old favorites!

Mick thank you so much to each and everyone of you for the awesome night! You are some of the sweetest guys ever :). Looking forward to catching another show in the near future!

Will post pictures once I return home tonight. Heading off to catch my flight :wave:

to mick and the boys..... a HUGE thank you. i mimic what shannon said in that you are a sweet bunch of guys. your shows are amazing. andy, tony... thanks for the maiden tunes during sushi too. :lol:

carlos, sorry i couldn't call you when they played ultraviolet. an unforeseen issue forced me to leave the show a tad prematurely. :sad: *whimper*

Kelly, sorry i couldn't give you a proper goodbye, but we'll see each other soon!!

to all the lovely ladies, thank you for the fabulous memories and the uncountable moments of laughter.

oh!! and p.s. :evil:

there have been rumors that a new date to the Unico Farewell tour has been scheduled. Keep checking back with us for confirmation

Last edited:
Grand Central was closed because they were filming a movie so we had to walk around trying to find a place that was open to wait for my 5:30am train... Thank you girls for keeping me company!!! It made the rain and the cold a little more bearable...

Mick we didn't have a chance to say good bye. I hope you made it home ok. You guys are awesome!! I'm so glad i stopped at The Temple Bar that first time around so many years ago and i got to see you guys playing. Because of UF i found Interference and i got to meet some great people here!! :heart:

Cari, i hope you're feeling better!!! :hug:

Shannon, have a save flight home!! Hope to see you again soon... :wave:

Carlos, we didn't call you, but we were thinking of you during Ultraviolet!! :wink:

Us at the sushi place

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Almost Queen

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

hey ya'll! i haven't posted my pics bc we are still partyin it up in SoHo for a few more days.

ladies, thanks for the fun times, and for, so far, not posting any incriminating pictures of myself. it was nice to meet you, freefall. and thanks so much for making my friend shanna feel like she fit right in. i laughed so much last night! i hope we can get together again soon.

members of UF - THANK YOU! you guys are really awesome. thanks for the dedications, goodies, and free drinks :D

new date added, eh? :hmm:

Last edited:
Gals - it was so nice to meet you all!
I hope everyone has/will be returning home safely!:hug:S
I had a great time rocking out with you all & UF2.

FreeFall- great to see your original sketches/drawings! :heart:
??Kerry, I hope your eye is feeling better.:hug:
Shanna I hope you made back to Soho ok. :hug:

mcik - you create a great Edge! *geetar chops* :drool:
All of you do quite a great presentation and sound/sing really good! Great to catch you. :D

Kelly & I had a nice chat as we decided to saty in the Hyatt till it was close to opening time at GC.
There was a Zabros that had just opened up {GC} so I grabbed a cheese danish, and headed home.:)

Last edited:
I figured I'd take a slew of pics--
GOOD PRACTICE-- for when #cough#:pray: :pray: :pray: #cough# *I* FINALLY get GA seats for U2!

I've never used my l'il ddigital camera on a rock & roll band, let alone in squished up club seating - yes I've used my ole FILM CAMERA in plenty of R&R concer/club settings but this was new.

I don't have a card reader etc and it seems my camera may not always get the photos back once i've uploaded them to the computer, so I will have to post any good ones sometime down the line.

I could also see some of your camers had a faster response time than mine. Don't know whetther that's due to a higher grade of camera and/or a higher speed card. WIll have to invest in one of those later on and tryh it with some concert or another.

Last edited:
haha yes i hope thats ok :) Guys Thanks so much for coming out. I really appreciate it as the whole band does. An Cat never made it.. Forgive Andy at the Sushi place ..he can be loud at times.. Ive never in my life seen a reaction to UV as you guys showed lol..I was watching to see if someone would make a call. Anyways I had a super fun time and hope you all did as well. I know it took alot of planning and effort to get there...trust me i know...I got in at 6am :) Cant wait to do it again soon

Mick

oh sidenote: thanks for the sushi tip! Patti has a high standard for sushi, so some places are really hit or miss in terms of quality. That place wins though! The food was delish and I especially appreciated the wine. We'll be making that a regular stop of ours when we're in town from now on. Oh and the restaurant singing was awesome! For once, it was kinda neat not to be the loudest person in a restaurant. Some places who know me tend to tuck my group in a back corner ;)

Last edited:
yea Craig ordered a Saki and i downed a shot. I didnt realize how hot it really is.(temp) That stuff can really catch up to ya quick....by the way Those drawings were incredible!! I agree...to me when it comes to sushi...its either perfect or disgusting...really no in between. Its not the most beautiful of places..but its close and the food is good..

Mick

Back
Top Bottom