U2's Best live song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're a band from the north side of Dublin, we're called U2, this is our first single...we hope you LIKE IT!

STREETS---hands down!!----I've seen them several times and I love to just turn away from the stage and look up at the crowd when the lights go up and the song kicks in---best version ever was on JT tour when Bono had a broken arm---awesome!!!

I have no idea where to even start. Everything they do live is magic. The unbelieveable quality of their live material is what turned me into a fanatic.

Axver said:
I have no idea where to even start. Everything they do live is magic. The unbelieveable quality of their live material is what turned me into a fanatic.

YES YES YES!!!!!

Streets, Bad, Elevation, Kite, Stay, oh the list is so long. They have a way of making their songs come alive when they are performed; I've never seen any other act come remotely close. My favorite live moments have been Out of Control in 2001 at LA 3 and the Streets/Please combo from PopMart.

A better question is what song has NOT been good live? I didn't think that Desire was much improved by being performed live; perhaps it was due to the version on R&H. Discotheque fits in the same category. NONE of it bad, just not as magical as the rest.

stuck in a desicion between Bad and Streets that I can't get out of.

(see what I did there? (!))

I have to agree that when Bad starts there is a certain feeling that comes over me. It is a feeling of unity and a certain type of spirituality. When Streets comes on it is the feeling I get when that was the intro song on The Joshua Tree tour. It always sends chills down my spine. Also when Edge would play October then into New years Day, it was just magical. I also love Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around The World. Every woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle.
:tongue: :lol: :laugh: :applaud:

I mostly listen to my bootlegs, because the songs have such amazing energy when played live.

I have to say that who´s gonna ride your wild horses is fantastic live. I know it havn´t been played live that much, and its a damn shame.

Streets.

Until The End Of The World is a song that I didn't really know when I saw them play it live. Since then, it's grown into my second-favorite LIVE song via bootlegs and concert videos.

You can't just choose one song. There are too many.

Streets
Bad
UTEOTW
Zoo TV version of Mysterious Ways :drool:
Gone
Out of Control
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Bullet the Blue Sky

And that's just for starters.

miss becky said:
You can't just choose one song. There are too many.

Streets
Bad
UTEOTW
Zoo TV version of Mysterious Ways :drool:
Gone
Out of Control
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Bullet the Blue Sky

And that's just for starters.

Hmm . . . only seen Bullet, UTEOTW and Streets (which alone is worth the price of admission and the some).

Looking forward to (*crosses fingers*) the return of The Electric Co.

Streets for the intro, but it tails off for me a bit (just a tad bit) mid-way through, which I'm sure others agree with. Maybe that's because the beginning is such a religeous experience.

Bad for the beautiful intro and build up all the way through.

UTEOTW good all the way through.

But let's see what happens with Love and Peace or Else. I'm anticipating something special.

If live audio through your cd or mp3, it's Bad.

If live in the flesh actually attending the concert, it's Streets hands down.

Cheers,

J

I've always thought 'I Will Follow' has sounded amazing when performed live, followed by The Fly.

Streets is a song that has never really done much for me, but I like it because of the effect it has on the crowd when it's played.

Last edited:
Streets just blows my mind but it's a toss up between that and UTEOTW...but like Bono says...during Streets it's like God has stepped into the room.

Back
Top Bottom