U2 will be playing in Cannes at the 3D premiere Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just checking the stats on U2VT, and this was the 190th performance of Vertigo. It's already been performed more than AIWIY and every song on Pop. I think it has to have the record for the song most intensively performed in a 3 year period.

Axver said:
I think it has to have the record for the song most intensively performed in a 3 year period.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier and U2girl was making it sound as if all their old hits are also overplayed. I don't think they've been nearly as overplayed in such a short period like Vertigo has been. I don't know what it is about this song the band seems to love so much! :wink:

ntalwar said:

Maybe he had a big dinner.

maybe he is wearing a beer belly :hmm:

015708197.jpg

015708439.jpg

015708482.jpg

Zootlesque said:

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier and U2girl was making it sound as if all their old hits are also overplayed. I don't think they've been nearly as overplayed in such a short period like Vertigo has been. I don't know what it is about this song the band seems to love so much! :wink:

If we remove the six 2004 performances and this one 2007 performance, it was played 183 times in 2005-6. Now, while I Will Follow and 11 O'clock Tick Tock were played very intensively from 1980 to 1984, I suspect Vertigo has the edge for a two year period. It was played 160 times in 2005 alone - that simply has to be a record for performances in one year. I don't think IWF or 11OTT in, say, 1981 or 1982 could match that.

No other song can even match the frequency of performances of IWF, 11OTT, and Vertigo. The closest you'll get are One (played at every show since its 29 February 1992 debut) and Pride (played at essentially every show since its 29 August 1984 debut apart from a few at the start of Elevation).

Last edited:
Vertigo and Where the Streets Have No Name!

Bono in ugly sunglasses and a stupid hat!

But did I mention Where the Streets Have No Name! :wink:

Until the last chorus, the Vertigo guitar sounded pre-recorded.

It wasn't the live style he normally plays it in with the riff.

And hopefully Bono's voice is worn out from studio work. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
Until the last chorus, the Vertigo guitar sounded pre-recorded.

It wasn't the live style he normally plays it in with the riff.

And hopefully Bono's voice is worn out from studio work. :wink:

Na- it sounds and is live.

Bloody Hell , Edge playing Streets with a les paul , that's somethin I'd never think it would happen

Edge was amazing in that performance. Bono's lack of fashion was astounding yet again. I mean, just the combination of the hat and the jacket speaks volumes. :wink:

J_NP said:
Bloody Hell , Edge playing Streets with a les paul , that's somethin I'd never think it would happen

I was surprised too. I noticed his Explorer there, as well as Bono's Gretsch in the video.

Back
Top Bottom